VENENO

DD

• 5 months later...

Have you found English subtitles for the serie yet? I was thinking on doing some fanmade English subtitles for a couple of friends and if you still need them I could share them once I got them done

Hi!
Desperately, I’m searching as well for English subtitles. I’m Spanish and I would love to share it with my English and Belgian friends. So if someone find something, please, I’m begging. I could help to do the English subtitles too, anyways they use a lot of Andalusian slang, that I totally understand cause I’m form there. 
Have a nice day, 

Eva.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am Spanish, and I am also interested in having English subtitles for my friends from Belgium.  I can help with the translation but I have no idea how to do it, please, let's see if we can all agree and translate it, I have all the episodes aired until today.

On 23/9/2020 at 17:54, Edda9 said:

¡Hola!
Desesperadamente, también estoy buscando subtítulos en inglés. Soy español y me encantaría compartirlo con mis amigos ingleses y belgas. Así que si alguien encuentra algo, por favor, se lo suplico. Yo también podría ayudar a hacer los subtítulos en inglés, de todos modos usan mucha jerga andaluza, que entiendo perfectamente porque estoy formada allí. 
Que tengas un buen día, 

Eva.

I also live in Belgium and I'm fan of this serie

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone! I dowloaded Veneno yesterday and I am loving it!! 

I have just learned how to make the subtitles. Just to share this with my friends here in australia! (I'm from Chile, living in Australia :P)

I only will need help with writing them down in english. It would take me ages to write down 8 hours of dialogues ?

Maybe we could do it collaborativelly? I need them in a word or text document. 

What do you think? let me know! :)

15 hours ago, mobox said:

Hi everyone! I dowloaded Veneno yesterday and I am loving it!! 

I have just learned how to make the subtitles. Just to share this with my friends here in australia! (I'm from Chile, living in Australia :P)

I only will need help with writing them down in english. It would take me ages to write down 8 hours of dialogues ?

Maybe we could do it collaborativelly? I need them in a word or text document. 

What do you think? let me know! :)

https://www.nikse.dk/subtitleedit/online# can translate it automatically and then you can just correct the wrong translations. Im about to try doing it for portuguese so my mom can watch haha

Just found the English subtitles for the first 2 episodes on opensubtitles (the rest of the series is only available in Spanish for now).

It seems that for now there are only a few options in English to be found and just for the first 2 episodes.

Maybe they'll upload the rest quickly.

Hi! I am doing research for Uni and I would like to talk about the translation of the subtitles for "Veneno". I am desperately looking for English subtitles, but can't find them. I know HBO has translated them but the content is only available in the US, can anyone get them?

Here are the official HI subs from HBO Max:

Veneno - 01x01 - The Night We Crossed the Mississippi.srt

Veneno - 01x02 - A Trip Back in Time.srt

After having had a look at episode 1 from Opensubtitles, it seems there's some differences in the way episodes have been edited.

So HBO Max subs probably won't match the Spanish edit from 1080p.A3P.WEB-DL.AAC2.0.x264-DxV videos, on which are based Opensubtitles' subs.

No idea about that MultiSub 720p x265-StB release, which given the Nordic subs, probably comes from a Nordic source.

Since there's no videos with HBO Max as source as of yet, they may not be that great of a help, but at least they're here.

And @Alicia, HBO Max releases new episodes every Thursdays, so the following subs will be available on the same basis. Probably 2 episodes per week, I guess.

If someone is willing to dig further on the discrepancies between those 2 batch of subs, let us know what comes out of it :)

Now that you say it  kinglouisxx, theses subs only work for the first episode...

I have the first episode under this format : Veneno (Proper) - Temporada 1 [HDTV 720p][Cap.101][AC3 5.1 Castellano] and it's all good.

As for the second episode: the subs match the video for like 75% of the video and then the subs are not in-synch anymore...

And thank you for the detail about HBO max and how they broadcast their series, I know they didn't want to give all episodes at once but I thought it only applied to their original contents. Now I understand why we only find the subs for the first two episodes.

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback,  @nicokg :)

You're talking about the subs from HBO Max that I posted here, right?

If that's the case, I'm quite surprised to hear that they're compatible, at all. Or maybe the TV edit was different from the WEB one?

If these match your video, I suppose the ones from Opensubtitles don't then?

Because the ones from HBO Max seem to have additional segments that the other don't have. Starting with the very begining.

HBO Max

veneno_hbomax2.jpg

Opensubtitles

veneno_opensubs2.jpg

3 hours ago, nicokg said:

As for the second episode: the subs match the video for like 75% of the video and then the subs are not in-synch anymore...

Is that just a desynchronization timings wise, or is that because the script itself is completely different?