Sub-Talk.net - TV shows community
jomag

engrenages

jomag

Hi

I seek subs for Engrenages Season 8. I may be a little premature here but appreciate any subs for this brilliant show.

Thanks in advance ( and I hope I ahve this right).

Jomag

from downunder

• Like 1

oakley8377
On 9/11/2020 at 10:08 PM, jomag said:

Hi

I seek subs for Engrenages Season 8. I may be a little premature here but appreciate any subs for this brilliant show.

Thanks in advance ( and I hope I ahve this right).

Jomag

from downunder

+1. I have it in French but need the English subs, a bit early for subs but worth asking. Cheer!

Costa Dax

Season 8 of "Engrenages" is still running on Canal+ in France, and you both know that Canal+ doesn't provide English closed captions.

The English subs come from BBC Four in the UK where the show airs as "Spiral". Each season starts airing on BBC Four 2-11 months after the premiere of that season on Canal+.

BBC Four has announced that it will air series 8 of Spiral but it hasn't announced when yet. The earliest possible premiere date is November 2020 but it may as well be August 2021 or any time in between. So you will have to wait till the premiere of the season on BBC Four whenever that is.

subhuman

That is not true about Engranages, subtitles for the previous series were available on the 2nd of March 2019, over 7 months before the BBC4 broadcast . At the moment there are no French subtitles. However, the blu-rays/DVDs are a couple of weeks away from release and appear to have HoH French subtitles which could form the basis of an English translation like with the last series.  The entire series 8 was released online by Studio Canal by the way, the television broadcast is week by week. So please, let us enjoy our not unreasonable hope.

• Like 1

Costa Dax

Dear @subhuman, no one asked you to stop hoping. You may hope all you want.

I simply stated facts that were all true by the way. You were right though that the first English subs that appeared last season were not from BBC Four. But still they were available a month after the premiere of the season on Canal+. So even if the exact same thing happens again for this season, this means the earliest possible date for the release of English subs would be in October. Well, whether the earliest possible date in theory is October or November or any other time doesn't really make much difference, because in practice only when someone has the subs, they will be able to post them.