engrenages

jomag

Just a FYI from a native French speaker with a not-too-ugly English understanding level

Subs on opensubs are indeed quite horrendous
Subs on subscene are much, much better but still with errors/wrong translations - I watched all previous seasons with a person needing the English subs, and I know from experience that I'm always double-checking the translation for accuracy.. and errors I see do tend to quickly distract me from the show itself

Having just looked at first few minutes on episode 1, couple of examples:

03:18:120 "your team needs to keep a low profile. You don't have a choice"
While what is said is "votre groupe doit faire profil bas. On n'a pas le choix". Maybe nitpicking but the second "you" should be a "we"

A bit further away:
03:55:920 (- You can't poach people like that.)
The translation actually has nothing to do with what is said.. or my ears are deceiving me !
I hear him say " ne vous braquez pas comme ça "
In context would be for me a mix of "don't take such a forceful stand/ don't get impatient/angry so quickly"
Someone out there will know the right expression to use !

His next sentence, while he looks at Laure is: "vous lui en avez parlé"
Which is translated by "Have you spoken to them about it", nope it's a "her", no "them

So.. I'd say again very big thanks to the uploader on Subscene, subs are magnitudes better than what's available elsewhere, but I will wait a bit longer
I think in past years I waited for the BBC broadcast but I am maybe mistaken

• Like 1

On 11/30/2020 at 9:29 AM, oakley8377 said:

You will do well to find a Blu Ray version as Blu Ray is the commercial release and it is only been shown on TV at present?

Yes, thank you, I just found the BluRay version. Now that we have subtitles on subscene through episode 8, can't wait to get the last 2 episodes.

Hey guys!

I'm a huge fan of this show and I'm trying to find season 8 episodes but can'T. Please, couls anyone give me link to where the episodes are available to work with english subtitles? THanks!!

59 minutes ago, akul80 said:

Are the subs for episode 10 available? The subscene link doesn't seem to work anymore :(

4 minutes ago, oakley8377 said:

The website has been having some issues but the link does work, 10 isn't up yet.

https://subscene.com/subtitles/spiral-aka-engrenages-eighth-season

Last I looked earlier today, as oakley8377 reported, episode 10 subs aren't up yet.  But I'm having the same issues as akul80 as I'm seeing the "Temporarily unavailable" message. I hope they solve their difficulties soon. It's a very useful site.

sstempuanvail.png