Sub-Talk.net - TV shows community
nobrakes76

Miracle Fishing: Kidnapped Abroad 2020.1080p.web.h264-opus

nobrakes76

Hi guys,I would love if somebody could get a English srt sub for this documentary.

Thank you and thanks for a great site!

Laneguy

@chile-verde , Your attachment doesn't work. 

Edited by Laneguy
Spelling

chile-verde

The srt attachment is there. Usually,  a Left-click will download the file. Otherwise, Right-click on the srt file > Choose "Save Link As..." > Specify the folder location on your computer to save the file. You need to be logged in to download files.

Edited by chile-verde
  • Like 2

Laneguy

OH wow, thank you.  I feel dumb, but that worked, so thank you! the only issue is that the subs dont line up nicely.  thx tho.

On 4/30/2021 at 7:34 PM, chile-verde said:

The srt attachment is there. Usually,  a Left-click will download the file. Otherwise, Right-click on the srt file > Choose "Save Link As..." > Specify the folder location on your computer to save the file. You need to be logged in to download files.

Edited by Laneguy
  • Like 1

chile-verde

You could sync your own. Subtitle Edit is easy to learn and use. This would enable you to sync subtitles to any video you have on hand.

See this >

Laneguy

Thank you!  I will try that.
I tried to sync the subtitles using VLC but couldn't get them line up or the timing was somehow off.  I will try what you suggest and hope for the best.

On 5/6/2021 at 6:23 AM, chile-verde said:

You could sync your own. Subtitle Edit is easy to learn and use. This would enable you to sync subtitles to any video you have on hand.

See this >

Laneguy

Ooh man, this is not going to be as easy as it sounds.  All the subs are out of sync and the timing is off.  So, the only way to fix it would be to go through the entire movie from the back to the front with Sub Edit so I can painstakingly realign the entire sub track manually.  That would take hours, not to mention spoil the film, so I don't think I'll do that.

Also, it appears that this sub only covers the English that is spoken in the film and doesn't cover the Spanish translation, which is a large part of this film.  So, I'm afraid I'm back at square one without a necessary sub. :(    I would be thrilled if someone can find the proper sub for me, thanks!

• Sad 1

chile-verde

Too bad that it did not work out for you. Depending on the subtitles and the videos, syncing can sometimes be tedious work. Silver lining is that you installed SubtitleEdit and now can try to sync your own.

Edited by chile-verde