Subtitle Edit (open source subtitle editor)

Nikse

I was referring to the sounds/words that a character uses to verbally express various feelings (surpise, disgust, happiness, pain, etc).
Since the actor is actually saying them out loud, they shouldn't be considered part of the HI text.

You are right of course. They are not texts for hearing impaired, but still... most of the time these interjections are not necessary (and are annoying to translate).
So, Tools -> Remove text for HI, now has an early version of this feature: http://www.nikse.dk/se/se31beta11.zip

(I should probably add a "Remove stuttering" option too)

[...]
So, Tools -> Remove text for HI, now has an early version of this feature:
[...]

And more of that, it is working! :D

I like add feature.
Niceeeee.

doc.

103iruh.gif

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do!

IMPORTANT LINK:

Knock, Knock, Knock.

First of all, I'm sorry that your handball national team was loosing into finally.

Second,take a look

aets.jpg

Well, what do you say about?

:)

doc.

103iruh.gif

IMPORTANT LINK:

Knock, Knock, Knock.

Who's there?

First of all, I'm sorry that your handball national team was loosing into finally.

Did not see much, and I think 2nd place was fine... perhaps why I never won anything ;)

aets.jpg
Well, what do you say about?

OK, last feature in 3.1... http://code.google.com/p/subtitleedit/downloads/list - please report any bugs/stability issues !

Who's there?

Me, who else? :D

OK, last feature in 3.1... http://code.google.c.../downloads/list - please report any bugs/stability issues !

Good, I'll check and I'll be back with feed back (I think I just managed to say a perissology!)
:D
Thank you for you work.

doc.

103iruh.gif

IMPORTANT LINK:

Me again !:D

Look what's happen when I try to change language.
First I thought that error occure only for Romanian language, but I checked for all languages, it is the same.
Right now, I guess that's happen because I use RC1 (well I use only main files from RC1 zip archive that I'd just pasted into SE folder), but I might be wrong.
Anyway, you're the father of that KID :) , so, you know better what it is about.

2e23wuw.jpg

Thanks

doc.

103iruh.gif

IMPORTANT LINK:

Me again !:D

Look what's happen when I try to change language.
First I thought that error occure only for Romanian language, but I checked for all languages, it is the same.

Yes, languages need updating! Perhaps you could update Romanian again :)
http://www.nikse.dk/se/se31_ro-ro.zip

Also, other Translation are very welcome: http://www.nikse.dk/se/Help.aspx#translate

Yes, languages need updating! Perhaps you could update Romanian again :)

Here it is.

doc

103iruh.gif

IMPORTANT LINK:

Hello, Nik. Could you please make default in Options - Settings, in the General tab the Single line max. length to 43?

Well, that's a good point.
A good point that gives me an ideea. A brilliant one. :)

We talk about that split option.
Fix common errors has option to fix subtitles with more than two lines.
After that fix, it is possible that resulting line to have more than 43+43= 83 characters per line, and in that case, SE doesn't know what to do with that line !!!

So, if a line has more than 43+43=86 total characters, it could be posible that SE split that line automaticaly?

I mean, an option in Fix common errors like Split subtitle with more than 2 x Default number of characters per line !!!

And in that case, that split button that we talk about will be almost useless.

My lazy SE user point of view :D

doc.

103iruh.gif

IMPORTANT LINK:

Hello, Nik. Could you please make default in Options - Settings, in the General tab the Single line max. length to 43?

From what I've seen you can put any number you want as "single line max length", so all you have to do is set it to 43.

It's not the years in the life, but the life in the years dQVXh.gif

From what I've seen you can put any number you want as "single line max length", so all you have to do is set it to 43.

I know but it makes more sense to have the correct number by default, right? :D

bunnyblog.png

facebook.png

Sure, will be default in SE 3.1 (coming soon).

So, if a line has more than 43+43=86 total characters, it could be posible that SE split that line automaticaly?

I mean, an option in Fix common errors like Split subtitle with more than 2 x Default number of characters per line !!!

There's a Tools -> Split long lines. Should be able to do this.
Also, the new "auto-wrap while typing" option could help (only wraps first line right now...)

There's a Tools -> Split long lines. Should be able to do this.
Also, the new "auto-wrap while typing" option could help (only wraps first line right now...)

:lol:
Ofcourse it is.
And I used so many times.
But when I'd seen that 43 magic number :) , I was unable to remember how many times I used that feature before.
My head was suddenly full of such a brilliant ideea! :D
:lol:

doc

103iruh.gif

IMPORTANT LINK:

I'm not sure where to post this, but since it appears to be some kind of problem with SE 3.0, here it goes:

With all the srt files that were edited/synced/corrected with SE 3.0, this strange thing happens:
When posted as UTF-8, they play fine in VLC (special chars show up as they should). But if you watch them with MPC-HC, all those peculiar characters start to appear for notes, accented letters, etc.

I discovered that I have to save them as unicode, for the music and other symbols to show fine. However, unicode doubles the size of the file, so right after I save them as unicode, I save them again as UTF-8.
I cannot figure why this happens since the files are posted as UTF-8 in the first place, but at least with this little "trick", I see all strange chars the right way.

I already talked with elderman and honeybunny to check which SE version they do syncing/corrections with (because there was no such problem with SE 2.93), and they verified the use of SE 3.0.

That's all, I just wanted to put it out there, in case anyone else has encountered the same problem and for the chance of a fix in future SE versions :)

When posted as UTF-8, they play fine in VLC (special chars show up as they should). But if you watch them with MPC-HC, all those peculiar characters start to appear for notes, accented letters, etc.

It might be a bug in SE, but I cannot re-create this with SE 3.1 RC2... I've tried on both Win7 and WinXP and it works here.
Could you test 3.1 RC2? - http://code.google.com/p/subtitleedit/downloads/list

If it still happens could you post an "UTF-8" file that does not work in MPC-HC? (note that not all fonts on WinXP supports unicode characters like "?", but if it works in Unicode then UTF-8 should work too)

Haven't check it with SE 3.1 yet, but in the mean time, here's a sub that has the problems I mentioned in MPC-HC (using SE 3.0): http://www.addic7ed....riginal/39655/0

Can you pls check if it works well with MPC-HC without needing to do the UTF-8->Unicode->UTF-8 edit "trick"?
I just wanna see if there's smt wrong on my end, 'cause it doesn't always happen (a few subs, show up fine).

P.S.-> 3.1 is still beta?

Haven't check it with SE 3.1 yet, but in the mean time, here's a sub that has the problems I mentioned in MPC-HC (using SE 3.0): http://www.addic7ed....riginal/39655/0

Can you pls check if it works well with MPC-HC without needing to do the UTF-8->Unicode->UTF-8 edit "trick"?
I just wanna see if there's smt wrong on my end, 'cause it doesn't always happen (a few subs, show up fine).

It works fine on Vista/Win7. All fonts I've tested on Vista/Win7 are Unicode fonts :)
The subtitle above works fine on WinXP - with a Unicode font! You can change font in MPC-HC in Play -> Subtitles -> Style. Perhaps MPC-HC has some auto jump to a Unicode font, when opening utf-16 (Unicode) files!?

P.S.-> 3.1 is still beta?

Release Candidate - no more new features, only bugfixes. Final should be out in a week or two.