ChuckBrown

Hey there everyone!
I have been watching a lot of classic TV, when I can. But I watch with a low volume level, so I like subtitles.

I'm currently watching "Maverick" from 1957 with James Garner. The version I am watching seems to be an AMC rip.

Any help finding raw text, or subs for this show would be very much appreciated. I know it's an oldie, but a goodie.

Thanks, take care!

On 8/10/2021 at 12:48 PM, eggie1961 said:

I found the first 2 seasons at https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/ssearch/sublanguageid-all/idmovie-614659

Might need to create an account to access. Cheers!

Thanks! I have an account. You don't need anything to download.

I forgot that these 2 seasons were online. Because my video files are not in sync. I have not been downloading them.
I'm going to look for different video files. As for the other 3 seasons... Maybe I'll do them by hand.

Edited twice: Went looking for video files. The subs are labeled 29.970 FPS on "OpenSubtitles."

After finding DVDrips that are in sync. It turns out they are 23.976 FPS. The first 2 seasons have Eng, Fre, Spa, subtitles encoded.

While the more common/popular/smaller/easier found video files are 25 FPS, and have different intros. 

W/these first 2 seasons, on DVD. The subs above are in sync. Plus the DVD is a proper 4:3 film rip, instead of 16:10 cropped TV rip!

Last Edit: I've searched around and I cannot find seasons 3-5. Even on the same series of DVDrips that had encoded subs on season 1-2.

Edited by ChuckBrown
Updated file type of subtitles available.