iwysashes

It happened to me about ten times already. I use german subtitles for like, hard technical, medical shows where I don't know the words. my english is perfect, other than that. Problem now, who is doing the subs?

If it's a german person then they dont know englisch.

I'm gonna have to bail. -Ich muss absagen (not i need to bail someone out)

there should be a rule, maybe there are but then no one is following them. you don't translate word-for-word! In no language! it take the sense out of the sentence. And that's sad. I know I know, be fucking thankful these people do the hard work, but no, I am not if I cant be sure it's correct. At least the meaning should be correct. So how does this work? Is there something like a beta-reader or something? Even fanfiction has got beta readers.

Switched at birth. the german translation the subs are horrible. I stopped watching/using them because they're ridiculous. Doctor who the same, even worse because apparently people don't understand british and dont know the slang. And sadly movies, tv shows are not the classic 'school' englisch we are taught in school. its coll.

One tree hill was almost the worst. what they had them say, such bullshit.

It happened to me about ten times already... Problem now, who is doing the subs?

You may want to express your concerns directly at the source website, by clicking on its banner, below Version and to the left of the language label.

The chickens are revolting!