[2015] Addic7ed Suggestion Thread

alex28

Hello my dear Addic7s. 

We worked hard these last few month to speed up the website. I'm pretty happy with the results (1.8s load time, as I'm writing this).

Since we got that off our back, we started rewriting everything from scratch (this includes code and design).

Since we're around 80% (design) and 30% (code) done, think it's about time to ask for suggestions.

What do you want? What do you expect from a subtitle website? What would make your life easier?

We gathered a lot of suggestions in the past and we learned from our users a lot. 
Please share your suggestions in this thread. Can be anything we don't have and you'd like; or something that's currently incomplete or not working like you'd like. While we won't necessarily be able to reply at this stage, bear in mind that we will keep your suggestion in mind.

Feel free to up vote posts by others, if you find them useful. 

Thank you!

• Like 4

Changing the world. One subtitle at a time.

• alex28 pinned this topic

The possibility to choose language(s) and you only see all these on the start page (with exception of New Releases).

- A multi-upload feature.

- A better navigation between episodes pages. Like "previous" / "next" buttons, instead of having to scroll down the menu to go to another episode.

• Like 4

--

Got questions? Read our FAQ. Wanna support me? Check my Tipee.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

I'm from Myanmar formerly known as Burma. We also have Myanmar subtitle and we need to legally add to forum so that i could upload my own language subtitle files here. So, please consider to add Myanmar language too. Thanks.

Best Regards,

Lotus black

• 1 month later...

Hello and a million thanks for this great site!

One thing that I would like to change is that for every subtitle. we have to choose from the Filter Language, whereas it would be far more "user-friendlier" if the preferred language is set by the user (in the user panel) and subsequently only subs on that language would load.

Even better if there was another option in the user panel to select to show only non-hearing impaired subs or not.

Cheers!

• 1 month later...

Hello Addic7ed Webmaster-developer,

I have a little suggestion on the upload page (uploading a new version, ...)
You have a dropdown list with all the languages listed, and at the top of it we have:

Popular
    English

Would it be possible to add a few more popular language underneath English, like French (I would like French there, cause when upping 25 ep in french, have to scroll down every.....), and some other language like Italian, Dutch, and maybe german and spanish, who represent 75% of the languages o Addic7ed. It would represent a time gain, now for me time that I could doing correcting ripped subs.
I know, it's 3 to 5 seconds to find the language on the dropdown list, but multiply this against the number of files you upload, I think it would make a difference

And it would be a nice add.

Regards
mstoll

Hello,

Again, I'm not trolling here often, just went back on Suggestions to see if someone from Addic7ed website admin or dev member replied for my question/possibility to add more language under Popular then English when uploading subs, clicked this topic, and I'm a bit "shocked".

Lotus Black made a demand to add his language, politely, and there's no responses, what's so ever. No Yes or No, maybe, we will look on it, whatever... It's been 11-12 weeks.

I like Addic7ed and support it, "mais il y a un peu de laisser aller à propos de ce post

Amitiés
mstoll

@mstoll

Are you seriously using a false equivalence with another one's post to push your own cry-baby need?

If there's no reply, there's a chance that this can't be done a this stage, but first, you should have posted in the right topic and read what is written.

Also, per forum rules:

CROSS-POSTING AND BUMPING
Posting a thread in more than one forum is annoying and thus not allowed.
Bumping is also prohibited: all bumped threads will be deleted.

Le laisser-aller, c'est ton attitude self-entitled.

PS : You know that, for the time being, whenever you click on the dropdown list, you can just type f and r (next to each other on the keyboard), then press Enter to select French? No need for scrolling.

[BOTH TOPIC MERGED WITH THIS ONE ABOVE]

@ taytoy

OK IT'S ALLRIGHT, I WILL NEVER POST ANY ANY AMELIORATION SUGGESTION AGAIN. YOU HAVE ALL THE POWER AND YOU ARE ALL KNOWING, LIKE GODS........
SORRY. WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN.
THEN WHY ADD POPULAR OPTION, WITH ONLY ENGLISH, IF IT'S SO SIMPLE TO TYPE E, THEN N. IS ENGLISH THE ONLY POPULAR LANGUAGE ??? IN MY OPINION, IT'S NOT !!!!!

AND MY RESPOND TO THE TOPIC CREATED BY LOTUS BLACK, I WAS JUST TELLING FOR HIS DEMAND TO ADD A NEW LANGUAGE, HE POSTED 12 WEEKS AGO, WITHOUT ANY RESPONSE OF ADMINS, LIKE YOU, JUST RESPOND YES OR NO OR MAYBE WAS TOO MUCH DEMANDED.

AND YEAH, TYPE F & R, I KNOW THIS. I'M NOT A LITTLE FUCKING NEWBIE.

IF SIMPLE USER CANNOT MAKE A SIMPLE ADJUSTMENT, TO SIMPLIFY THE USE OF THE WEBSITE, WITHOUT A BIG 3 POST RESPONSE, SO BE IT 

Edited by mstoll

@mstoll

I posted in two different topics then decided to merge it so it would be at the right place. For some reasons those posts disappeared once merge, thus the double post.

But fine, if we can't reply at once (within 24-48 hours), we should be called being called sloppy (laisser-aller), and we're just being holy gods. Logic of the self-entitled ones.

• 6 years later...

I don't know if I chose the right topic, sorry.

I am very interested in what is happening with the Addic7ed.com now (last few days)?
Is it due to technical difficulties or legal claims?
I hope that there is no critical and fatal problems.
My capabilities are not great, but maybe you need some help?