Subtitles Stopped

honeybunny

How many times should I say that this was not a rushed decision taken in the heat of the moment? Both me and Alex tried to contact Gabriel several times. The stolen credits would not have been the reason to take this measure. You say we shouldn't care about being ignored, about being banned, about being censored. You say all we should do is please you and continue to do our selfless work. You say we destroy the community. You say we are on internet and we have no rules because everybody's stealing.

Isn't that easy? :)

Solution: Have the people complaining here; do your work for a week... see if they want to continue doing it when people start stealing their work.

Thing is:

People who take the time to sit and create subtitles for lazyasses (like my self) are doing US a favor. They're helping US...

peace out

Rr

LOL, you are paranoid. I'm a translator who started at wikititles. If you want, ask ilse if I ain't a translator... But I think she's as paranoid as you.

If you wan't to take a look at my profile in subtitulos.es, there it is http://www.subtitulos.es/user/13902

And thanks for the negative voting... it makes me feel better from where they come.

Man, I really don't care if you translated zillion of subs or not, but I've seen you with my own eyes copy-paste the text.
and then write a comment saying: "Ok, I've finished the correction of the translation".

It's really "easy" to correct the text by copy-paste it from another, huh?

Weird indeed. It's so obvious from my writing that I'm Spanish?
AS HoneyBunny reply a few post ahead, the decision was not made in a rush. But the question here is that making a translation of a subtitle for rxample takes a lot of time, in my case about 1h each 100 lines in the best case scenario. And the last time that tried to make a sub file from scratch, 5 min took me 2 hours. Sync a sub properly takes a lot of time, and the sync work should be thank even in the translations. Keeping a site this big, update every minute, having the latest releases it's a huge work. REally I think I will never thank enough Addic7ed for their work.

you`re right, but they're not keeping the English credits, asking for credits in the Spanish translations would be useless. They're not even saying our name (they just call it "the other site").. what more can you ask?

Changing the world. One subtitle at a time.

Man, I really don't care if you translated zillion of subs or not, but I've seen you with my own eyes copy-paste the text.
and then write a comment saying: "Ok, I've finished the correction of the translation".

It's really "easy" to correct the text by copy-paste it from another, huh?

Bigger LOL, take a closer look and compare my translations to those hosted here... I've NEVER EDITED an addic7ed translation... NEVER.
  • Like 2

Bigger LOL, take a closer look and compare my translations to those hosted here... I've NEVER EDITED an addic7ed translation... NEVER.

You really have zillion translation? I'm starting to wonder it because I wrote:

"I've seen you copy, line by line the translation made it here, paste it in their translation and claim it to be yours."

That is saying you edited a Addic7ed translation? or that you copy the translation made it here into another?

Weird indeed. It's so obvious from my writing that I'm Spanish?
AS HoneyBunny reply a few post ahead, the decision was not made in a rush. But the question here is that making a translation of a subtitle for rxample takes a lot of time, in my case about 1h each 100 lines in the best case scenario. And the last time that tried to make a sub file from scratch, 5 min took me 2 hours. Sync a sub properly takes a lot of time, and the sync work should be thank even in the translations. Keeping a site this big, update every minute, having the latest releases it's a huge work. REally I think I will never thank enough Addic7ed for their work.

Yeah i know the tedious sync, and the "what the hell is that char saying there?" specially when FX mix with the voice, as i said i do subs (no translate, i make them from scratch almost every friday).

Anyway reading the last HoneyBunny replies i understand better the decision they made, it's not only because they remove the credits aka "stole" the work, it's because they do that but also they ban those who demand and answe a fix and deny to star talking about how to fix this, they just seem themselves as innocents or worse, victims. But in favor of subtitles.es it's wiki-style and with one admin they can't just control everything. It's not a excuse, it's a problem they should fix. I have to say, as i said a few minutes in other forum, subtitles.es has people who doesn't even care about their own language and made misspells in every line and almost every word.

A lot of things indeed, as i said in my first reply i wasn't full-aware of the conflict here, but it seems like there is a lot more than stoling.

You really have zillion translation? I'm starting to wonder it because I wrote:

"I've seen you copy, line by line the translation made it here, paste it in their translation and claim it to be yours."

That is saying you edited a Addic7ed translation? or that you copy the translation made it here into another?

I've NEVER edited a translation from addic7ed, and NEVER copy ANY line from a translation from addic7ed... Enough for you, or must I paint you a picture? And you know that perfectly, but you don't care about the truth. Thanks for those votes, keep going.
  • Like 1

@honeybunny I hope what you've quoted is just an isolated case (and by isolated I mean that it isn't the general profile of subtitulos.es users). TBH, I can't even figure out what is the point of removing addic7ed credits: subtitulos.es isn't well known for making transcriptions (base files are always from another website afaik), but for translating them into Spanish. I'm not aware of all the non answered emails with Gabriel, so I can't give a full opinion nor truly understand how pissed you are.

But regarding the future, I think the statement Gabriel made in his forum yesterday is pretty clear and if he respects that, everything should be ok. The nrielew site will allow to have moderators, so measures when someone tries to steal credits will be taken inmediately. For the moment, we have to rely on Gabriel's work and availability, but after reading his statement he is willing to take measures himself when someone acts like that. I guess you're probably still mad, but in the end the idea is to solve the situation.

@alex28 We completely agree on that, subtitles from addic7ed should be uploaded untouched

I've NEVER edited a translation from addic7ed, and NEVER copy ANY line from a translation from addic7ed... Enough for you, or must I paint you a picture? And you know that perfectly, but you don't care about the truth. Thanks for those votes, keep going.

Mensaje editado.. metedura de pata mía T_T

Edited post.. I put my foot in it T_T
  • Like 1

I do know lots of other language subtitle websites, using here as source. So addic7ed.com is more than a simply subtitle website but a huge database for others to use. Also I know lots of those guys would like to "all credit" on them, not only translation part. I seen only a few other language subtitle which I know it is gotten from here and kept credit. Rest of them removing. That is for translations, I never seen an original english taken from here and removed credit...but looks like it is an issue.
If for subtitle webmasters-other sites- it is very big problem to kept credit, can we offer them paid membership ? Lets say if they pay such an such amount, they get to reach subtitles half hour, one hour what ever before it is published here and right to remove credits ? Of course still there will be lots of people who will wait one hour and get free and remove credit, but still, they can not say "we did not had any other option" at least.

Also every subtitle ripper-translator-encoder, can embed some hidden signature, and if they deny that they did not steal it, that could be a proof..of course people who is not even respond you properly will not care about any proof, but it might help to answer "only users, not me" argument.

Anyway, I ll be sad to see addic7ed get inactive and die may be...I am not a native english speaker, and can not understand some dialects in series, and english subtitles are huge help to me on that.

addic7ed won`t die because of this.
It's not about the money, and giving some people the subtitles BEFORE they are released to the public isn`t fair... just because some people paid.

Changing the world. One subtitle at a time.

Take your site down already and don't expect for people to weap after you. We can watch a movie without english subtitles too.

Borat was right: Uzbekistan - they very nosey people with bone in their brain.

Es muy interesante ver cómo llevas apenas una o dos semanas en subtítulos.es y lo defiendes a capa y espada... te lo tomas como algo personal... bien por ti... algo ocultarás!

It's reaaaally interesting when you see you're just two weeks in subtitulos.es and defend it with your life... if you take ir so seriously... good for you!!! You're hidding something...

ONE WEEK???, did you realize that we're in 2010?

supeindesu

It's clear that you don't agree, I really don't care,
but at least, you'll have to admit that we do not ban people for speak his mind o even delete his comments even if we don't agree,
that something we never got when we bunny tried talking with their admin.

Is that really so much to ask for?

• Like 2

I understand your decision to stop, like many, but the first who suffer from this decision are the thousand who download the sub here every day, "custumers" if i can say so :)
I'm french and loved english subs, now i must wait a week after tv release for french sub.
It's funny to see that today there are no english subs on most website.....
Anyway, thanks for all, it was really a pleasure to come here every day.

• Like 2