Subtitles Stopped

honeybunny

Proof credits were removed, lines were copied:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6885487/addic7ed.rar

(contains 4 pictures - screenshots)

Changing the world. One subtitle at a time.

Ok, welcome to Subtitles 101 (aka *Spot the difference*)

In the first case (noted with 1-1 and 1.2) we have both websites in cause.

In 1-1 you can notice the subtitle in Subtitulos without the credits that file 1-2 has. You can see it's the same subtitle by the same number of lines, same timings, same everything.

Second case, noted with 2-1 and 2-2:

(here it's a bit harder to notice since we show more lines / page, but you can manage)
Spanish is exactly (99.99%) the same.
Some lines are exactly the same (layout)

Hi, everybody.
I'm just freaking out. I've been using subtitulos.es for a while and sometimes I've also colaborated with the translations but I haven't noticed they were doing this.
When you are translating you can see the subtitle's original credits, and I can't beleive they appropiate the whole credit of them. If I knew it earlier, I would stop downloading in that website.
It's a pity for the users but I think what you are doing is the right thing.

Can you tell me what's the proof?... I can't see anything wrong...

Wow man, you really are an ass! angry.gif If you translate subtitles than you know its almost impossible for two people to create the EXACT same translation! Not with exactly the same words, the same line break and everything! You really should just hide in some hole and think about what you're doing over there! Would it be such a problem to just leave the credits in the subs and admit that some part (if not the whole file) was from addic7ed.com?

I think the next well be a TV screenwriter´s strike becouse on addic7ed nobody credits his job and that´s awful and makes child Jesus cry.
And they´ll send lots of mails to honeybony and will also put the whole thing on reddit.
They´ll also think about not to breath.

: )

Come oooooooooooooooooooooooooooon peace please!!!
99.99999% of the people of subtitulos.es and addic7ed.com want the damn same thing: Make and use subtitles!!

Wow man, you really are an ass! angry.gif If you translate subtitles than you know its almost impossible for two people to create the EXACT same translation! Not with exactly the same words, the same line break and everything! You really should just hide in some hole and think about what you're doing over there! Would it be such a problem to just leave the credits in the subs and admit that some part (if not the whole file) was from addic7ed.com?

First place, thanks, receiving an insult from you must mean something great in the real world.

You know that short sentences are quite difficult to translate in two different ways?... Oh, my god... Here they translated "Yes" to "Sí", and there too!!! IT'S A CONSPIRACY!!!... Double check the facts...

That removal you can responsabilize the one that upload it, 'cause every series I translated has the credit at the end...

Also, those spanish subtitles edited, i doubt it came from here, i can't see how the translators of this website could let an "OK" on their translation, so, it seems fake to me.

First place, thanks, receiving an insult from you must mean something great in the real world.

You know that short sentences are quite difficult to translate in two different ways?... Oh, my god... Here they translated "Yes" to "Sí", and there too!!! IT'S A CONSPIRACY!!!... Double check the facts...

That removal you can responsabilize the one that upload it, 'cause every series I translated has the credit at the end...

Also, those spanish subtitles edited, i doubt it came from here, i can't see how the translators of this website could let an "OK" on their translation, so, it seems fake to me.

An the same line break? The same words almost everywhere? (yes, i understand Yes is Si but still.. )

Exactly this thing is happening between the swedish subbing sites, undertexter.se is copying all translations and removing all credits from where they take the subs. They have tried everything, including stop releasing subtitles just like you are doing right now, but that is not the solution.

It is easy to spot if the sites are only interested in monetizing and exploiting others hard work, but letting that go out over the users in form of stopping the translations doesn't help anything more than giving attention to these sites.

@ alex: There is a better proof that they stole almost everything from here. If you check their website, they stopped the subs almost immediately after Addic7ed did. Only 4 subs in the other site since Honeybunny and team went on strike (and the 4 of them quite rough, btw). Time is gonna turn out to be the best proof.

About the situation.. thats too bad. I dont post too often, but i recognize this site as the base for the rest of sites out there. The least they could do is give credit to whom deserves it.

OK, so you want me to believe that when the subtitles were a 99,99% match then the only thing that they were talking about in this episode were just two or three worded sentences like "Oh my god" or "yes"? Are you kidding? Thats the worst possible excuse for a stolen subtitle ever and I've heard it like a thousand times, thank you.

Yes, the credits were probably removed by the one who uploaded it, but its the admins or moderators responsibility to remove such subtitles or to put the credit back when someone reports it! And that didn't happen, did it?

And sorry for insulting you, I don't usually do that - but you really said some stupid things when you tried to defend the stolen subtitles, man. You should face the facts.

An the same line break? The same words almost everywhere? (yes, i understand Yes is Si but still.. )

Explain me those untranslated "OK", that translation is not from here, absolutelly impossible this translators allow that...

Amen.

I really don't understand you.
Either you don't realize that through all your interventions you risk to attract some kind of feelings against people that you think you represent, or more than that you can not.
If it is the last one, I'm really sorry for you.

doc.

P.S.Anyway, I think this guy received more consideration and attention from addic7ed users that he deserved.

103iruh.gif

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do!

IMPORTANT LINK:

Explain me those untranslated "OK", that translation is not from here, absolutelly impossible this translators allow that...

You mean the ones in line 30? Which is not seen in the sub from addic7ed cause it would be on the next page? Is this enough for an explanation?

bunnyblog.png

facebook.png

And sorry for insulting you, I don't usually do that - but you really said some stupid things when you tried to defend the stolen subtitles, man. You should face the facts.

Apologies accepted, but check again... I've already did... Those images doesnt correspond with the translation made here...

Criminal Minds 6x06

Hello again!

Subtitulos.es do not make subtitles. We only translate subtitles in the web.

Original sources are from many webs but mainly from Addic7ed and nobody can deny it.

I understand most of you don't understand Spanish, but most of the users of that website agree with all the credit stuff.

We only have one manager, one moderator, one supreme person for all the translations and the uploads.  It's hard to believe that he is like Sauron and can watch all the things properly.

Site currently doesn't have the necessary tools to adequately control but he has promised us they will be soon.

I can't tell you if that is the truth because I can't see the future(I wish, I will be rich, going to England and learn English so well I won¡t need subtitles anymore!).

[...]it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey stuff.

Doctor Who, Tenth Doctor

You mean the ones in line 30? Which is not seen in the sub from addic7ed cause it would be on the next page? Is this enough for an explanation?

I've seen those lines right now, and as I expected, those "OK" never existed in this translation, so, the file didn't came from addic7ed...