Subtitles Stopped

honeybunny

Yes, that's already been said, and i don't think anyone (that is, anyone not trolling) doubt that there are users there that steal and/or copy content from here. And yes, he banned you. No doubt about that either.
The question is: What exactly do you want him to do?

I (we) want him to cooperate with us in the future. If we report something he should make sure that users is banned / warned and the subtitle in cause is removed.

Changing the world. One subtitle at a time.

I (we) want him to cooperate with us in the future. If we report something he should make sure that users is banned / warned and the subtitle in cause is removed.

but that's "in the future", i'm asking what do you want him to do NOW, so you can start uploading again

Yes, that's already been said, and i don't think anyone (that is, anyone not trolling) doubt that there are users there that steal and/or copy content from here. And yes, he banned you. No doubt about that either.
The question is: What exactly do you want him to do?

We only want that he actually acts like for what he is, the admin of a subtitle website,
we want that he put order in his own website to avoid such despicable acts.

Because he says that he "respect" the works of others, but don't move a finger to make that true.
The most hilarious part, is when you give him the links, tell him what happened and then he:
1) Ignore you.
2) Ban you if you post that info in his web/forum.

but that's "in the future", i'm asking what do you want him to do NOW, so you can start uploading again

agree that he wants to cooperate. And i don't want an "official post" God knows where. I want him to reply here or here.

maybe you should just buy their domain http://www.sedo.com/search/details.php4?language=us&domain=subtitulos.es&partnerid=17505

AHAHAHA

Unfortunately, your offer is too low and cannot be accepted. Please submit an offer above the seller's minimum bid threshold of 10000 EUR.

10,000 EUR minimum for a crappy subtitle leeching site.

There's now fourteen pages of this subject, ranging from reasoned argument, to silly comments and outright abuse.

But what I see now is a classic "You did! I didn't!" situation, from which neither will withdraw, and which no-one can win, if only because the victory cannot be defined.

Maybe it's time to pause, to allow righteous indignation to subside, and to think about resolution.

And to decide what might be the best outcome that can be obtained by agreement between two parties who would better serve themselves, each other, and their patrons, by working in partnership rather than by engaging in continued hostility.

s.

PS: I feel that the way forward should now be left to the Owners/Administrators of the two sites; we have a sufficiency of comments and snipes from the crowd, both the reasonable as well as the inane. As a moderator of this site, I may have to start deleting them as unhelpful.

May cooler heads prevail everywhere. Good post SpyderSpyder!!!

And maybe you can't read properly. You should read my message again. I did put myself in their shoes, I actually am in their shoes even though what I make is not subtitles but graphics. I have stuff stealen from me quite regularly, people not giving credit to my graphics when they use them. I get angry about it but I don't stop making my graphics, punishing people who actually like my graphic and give me proper credit.

In my opinion, ultimately credit isn't such a huge deal: I do graphics because I like to and because I like to share with people who don't. If they credit, I'm happy. If they don't, I'm annoyed but I don't punish everyone. That's all. Again, I do understand their feelings, it's the action they chose to express them that I don't agree with. And again, it's useless. People will keep stealing subtitles as long as subtitles are online.

https://www.digimarc.com/

It's also different if you make graphics for fun to post or use on a site where some people may see it or look at it. However you are comparing apples to oranges. Your graphics dressing up a site are different than subtitles that are downloaded by hundreds and thousands of people to personally utilize. I guarantee if a graphic you designed appeared on a popular website and got all this attention, use and praise from hundreds and thousands of people and you were standing there watching someone else get thanks and praise for something you did, you wouldn't be so nonchalant about it.

It's pretty easy to see that since Addic7ed halted the subs today that subtitulos.es has come to a halt as well. So Gabriel had to do from the start was apologize for the situation, state that he would investigate the allegations and then talk with Alex about what he found and what he's going to do to resolve it. Instead he spends a bunch of time writing up some "official" statement about the whole scenario. Be a man Gabriel, own up, make amends, show some respect and then continue on.

Do I have to post what I said already several times every 10 posts so that such comments would not appear any more? Why do all of you focus on the credit thing? Learn to read what's all about.

"You stop releasing subs, they continue." - they don't continue. Not with all the subs. Maybe with 10%.

Read your statement several times now - nothing of what you wrote would make me stop releasing subs if I ran a site like this.

So Gabriel had to do from the start was apologize for the situation, state that he would investigate the allegations and then talk with Alex about what he found and what he's going to do to resolve it. Instead he spends a bunch of time writing up some "official" statement about the whole scenario. Be a man Gabriel, own up, make amends, show some respect and then continue on.

If i understand correctly the last message he posted on his forum, this is never gonna happen.:lol:

Anyway, thanks for your great work Addic7ed. I never took the time to thank the team properly, it's a shame. So thanks a lot for the hard and really good work. As many here, i read english but i don't understand eveything I hear so thanks to allow us to enjoy our shows !

To be honest i couldnt care less if somebody else took credit for my translation. I would translate for the people in need - not to get the "kudos" for a nice job.

good for you :)
  • Like 2

bunnyblog.png

facebook.png

HOW IS IT IN GODSNAME POSSIBLE THAT YOU PEOPLE STUCKED THE WHOLE INTERNET!!!
IS THAT WHAT YOU!!!! all want - honneytbunny and all the others..................
I'm very very very disappointend in you guys/girls/man/women....

well hopefuly you have achieve something!!!!???? out of this.......................because it suckess MAYOR

I'm not deaf or whatever so I can read en hear, but what about all the others who are and depending on you ******* guys.

sorry no respect anymore. stuff it.

no character or personality and yeah just bann me of you site, what differance would that make. I am no suck up
you guys like suck up have fun:(((((((((

subtitulos.es/fringe/3x07:

00:42:58,750 --> 00:43:00,307
To the assholes who destroy the subs:
FUCK YOU!

00:00:44,253 --> 00:01:43,561
FUCK YOU!

wiggle46, it's about respect. If we don't respect each others efforts, then what?
  • Like 1

subtitulos.es/fringe/3x07:

00:42:58,750 --> 00:43:00,307
FUCK YOU!

00:00:44,253 --> 00:01:43,561
FUCK YOU!

Looks like you're used getting bans...
In the end, it's our work and we're not paid for it. If we want to stop NOW we'll stop NOW and you won't have anything to say about it.

As i said to Gabriel, if you don't like our subtitles, don't use them.