Subtitles Stopped

honeybunny

Exactly, even i right now can open your subtitle file and remove the credits from it and upload it in some random site. I think you addic7ed should just shutdown your site and leave the scene, because clearly you want only attention, which you have gotten. This isn't even childish whats going here, cuz children are much smarter than this.

What a wise thoughts !

103iruh.gif

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do!

IMPORTANT LINK:

First off, I would like to thank addic7ed for all the great work and the subtitles they have provided and shared with the world!

That said, I think it's interesting (I'm not condemning it, just thinking out loud) that you would complain about people stealing when the subtitles you provide are for releases of stolen movies and tv-shows. It's one of the things about the scene in general that never really made sense. Of course people want credit for their work, but then the work they do is from a stolen source.. I dunno.

• Like 1

Well if u want to permanently protect your work u should render subtitles in video with your credits, logo, name or whatever u want to be seen to conform your work and then reupload videos on some **** site or rapidshare megaupload etc.

On this way ur give huge publicity to til today totally anonymous site, and punish ppl who respect your work
Im sure 99% down-loaders here never heard about steeling subtitles spanish site

Speaking about leaving the stage - I can make forecats, that after one or two weeks of "strike" like that there will appear another good subtitle site, wich will replace this one.

you sure about that? I can't remember a subtitling site like this one before, with such great transcripts "on time".

if you look at the sub scene today, or any day that add1cted has been closed, you can see the pace at wich subtitles are released.

but again, it's always the same in the scene, if a subtitle or an episode doesn't came "on time", leechers QQ and become trolls.

ps: I just enjoyed a "10 hour late-bullshit quality" subtitle for today's Fringe episode, but I support the strike.

• Like 3

good question.
just have a little patience.

Ok , I will .
I and many, if not all, regular visitors of this website appreciate your effort , and when we downloaded any subtitle we thank God for your existing !
you provide great work to Tv shows fans , who distributed around entire world not just few nations !
I am not american or british or ... etc , but I am regular visitor to this great website !
this mark of your sucess , keep going , don't stop because bad actions from some peoples !
in our language we have sentence said "Does not hurt the clouds barking dogs"

Thanks "I am not native speaker"

There is nothing wrong with wanting to protect their intellectual property! Keep up the fantastic work, people! I seriously hope that you find a solution that everyone can live with.

• Like 1

you sure about that? I can't remember a subtitling site like this one before, with such great transcripts "on time".

I can assume that part of this particular team will keep making subs. There are two options:
1. Strike will stop ASAP and addic7ed will remain as best subs releaser
2. Strike will go on for a while, crew of this site will fall apart, part of it will gather in active team and establish new sub-site

P.S. Oh yes, Fringe was really "awesome". Besides, "Bones" (from tvsubtitles.net) were awesome too, lol

There is nothing wrong with wanting to protect their intellectual property! Keep up the fantastic work, people! I seriously hope that you find a solution that everyone can live with.

:blink:

Wild idea here...
What if you release the subs in .sub/idx format? They won't be in text format but in image format, so they can't be edited to remove the credit...

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/convert_subtitles_from_srt_to_sub-idx.cfm

It's quite amazing how an accurance like this brings out the selfish nature of people. I can't believe how you can thank the team in one sentence and then be all offended by their actions in the next. Yes, they are "punishing" all for the work of some but as was clearly stated today, the individual and behind the scenes attempt to resolve the issue was unsuccessfull hence the more drastic action.

I think that today has clearly showed that atm there is no other site that can provide the quality and speed that addicted does. And even if they decide to continue with the strike for a longer period I personally believe that the reputation and "brand" that they have managed to build so far will survive that - I'm positive the users that trully appreciate their work will stay and support them.

I most certainly will!

Wild idea here...
What if you release the subs in .sub/idx format? They won't be in text format but in image format, so they can't be edited to remove the credit...

http://www.afterdawn..._to_sub-idx.cfm

According to what I've read on your link, it wouldn't work:

"It's relatively simple to convert between two text formats or 2 graphic formats. It's fairly common to use software like VobSub to convert from graphic formats to text."

So people can just convert from .sub/.idx to text and then do the editting.

selfish nature of people.

Not so seflish, just rational. There is no possible way for this strike to be useful and helpful. Spanish administrators doesn't care about this strike and going to download subtitles from china. So, what's the point?

Whatever happens, and when, you've made an excellent point, showing everyone who is the best and where credit is really due. Real supporters and fans will always know who is doing the good work and respect and appreciate that!

In order to fully understand the problem, I decided to put myself in their shoes and started
translating one show from english to german. Puh...
It's not so easy just to translate it, since it does require time to think how to translate it which
will meet the content of the story.
Having started the work gives me the appreciation and understanding of how much work
has been done so far by subbers and translators.
This allows me to understand their point of view that they would like some recognitions for
their work and ask the others not to remove the credits.
Hey, they are not alone in this point of view.
Even several big corporation are trying to protect their intellectual property, that goes same
with open-source community such as computer operation system Linux.
As some of you know that Apple Mac OS has to include some of the code part of CD package,
since some of the code came from Linux community.
So in closing, what addic7ed are doing is their best means of getting things done and as already
stated, they already tried other route. I respect your work and support your actions and hope you
will find the solution to these conflict.

Also I want to say head off to you guys who took time to translated, synced, and verified many
subtitles shows, and keep the spirit up.

Peace and Thanks again! :)

Greeting from Hungary! :rolleyes:

Few hours ago i arrived at home and went to your homepage to download "my" show's subtitle. I very sorry about what you do. Offcourse i understand you, because i also know how much work is making a subtitle. Well, i tried to make the translation without english subtitle just with hearing, but honestly i can't do it without you. So i wrote our homepage for my viewers(about 1000-1500 people) to be patient.
And offcourse the other translaters can't work too. We work for free, for fun, for other people's fun who can't speak foreign languages (i think other country's translators do the same reason), like you. Please let us making our work to make happy several ten thousand people.

(Sorry about the mistakes, i understand better, as i speak.):D
lalakov78

I must admit, that situation is ridiculous. My point is that there are lots of websites, which users are stealing subtitles from "addic7ed" and removing all credits (I know for sure about 10-15 sites like that only in Russia and Ukraine. But you can't find them 'cos you dont understand russian, ha?).

exactly my thoughts, and you can freely add few turkish and arabian sites that do same, but then, it looks it is not general issue (removing credits), more like it's about little private argue between admins, and a few ego clashes :)

That said, I think it's interesting (I'm not condemning it, just thinking out loud) that you would complain about people stealing when the subtitles you provide are for releases of stolen movies and tv-shows. It's one of the things about the scene in general that never really made sense. Of course people want credit for their work, but then the work they do is from a stolen source.. I dunno.

well, it's about honesty and respect between thieves, but as we all know, there is no such thing as honour of thieves :P

Well if u want to permanently protect your work u should render subtitles in video with your credits, logo, name or whatever u want to be seen to conform your work and then reupload videos on some **** site or rapidshare megaupload etc.

good old anime subs way. and only real way to keep credits all along.

Not so seflish, just rational. There is no possible way for this strike to be useful and helpful. Spanish administrators doesn't care about this strike and going to download subtitles from china. So, what's the point?

The point as I understand it was not putting subtitulos out of business, it's about respecting ones work.

It's quite amazing how an accurance like this brings out the selfish nature of people. I can't believe how you can thank the team in one sentence and then be all offended by their actions in the next. Yes, they are "punishing" all for the work of some but as was clearly stated today, the individual and behind the scenes attempt to resolve the issue was unsuccessfull hence the more drastic action.

I think that today has clearly showed that atm there is no other site that can provide the quality and speed that addicted does. And even if they decide to continue with the strike for a longer period I personally believe that the reputation and "brand" that they have managed to build so far will survive that - I'm positive the users that trully appreciate their work will stay and support them.

I most certainly will!

Yes, i'am no hypocryte, if this site continues the strike for a month, and then comeback to normal activites, and the quality is still there, ill be back here downloading subs again. But its just silly that they belive that hurting their on users will solve anything. I will find another source and download it from there, so will the spanish site, they will rip from somewhere else, and all that was achieved is the frustration of many today and in the next few days when they find out then can't download their subs.

Its you work, do whatever you want with it. Nothing wrong in wanting credit. But i, personally, will never support this kind of childish actions, not that this matter, becouse all i can do is be disappointed.