Subtitles Stopped

honeybunny

No, this is the last strike ever you'll see from us.

keep up the strike guys.
most of the users and probably donaters are here to support you

the way I see it from these comments, those who lash out on you guys striking are probably from other foreign language sites that also took the credits off your works too
now, they cant meet their deadlines, and had to do the hard works themselves
maybe they think its better to pressure you to drop the strike rather than do the works themselves, hence all the raging...lol

Ive seen some sites that used your works and credit you guys properly, and even them are supporting you
this just shows that this strike is the only thing reasonable to do, and how many international sites are actually reliant on addic7ed

maybe it is a good thing, take a couple of weeks off, and see these sites drop dead so you guys suffer less plagiarism in the future

I foresee an early end for this ego-war. Looks like addic7ed will eat crow and resume their releases without being further addressed and in order to save face will argue that they made their point and taught some lessons.

Addic7ed has the reputation for both quality and speed. People will come back to addic7ed and the face it will lose will be much less than subtitlos will. And this is not about ego. If you re so smart try doing yourself honeybunny's work at the same speed, quantity, quality and for the same long time. My people have a very wise saying for your case: "Those that are out of the dance know a lot of songs"

since you re gosu, go ahead and make subs in spanish from scratch. then we'll see how gosu you are.

They definatelly have a point, and they WILL achieve something. First of all, those that d/l subs from subtitlos will be unable to find any to download as addic7ed no longer provide source subs. Then they complain to this Gabriel shithead or they stop visiting his site. Then his site gets less impressions and starts losing money from the ads it hosts. After this two things happen. either subtitlos bites the dust or the shithead admin gets down to ban the cheating assholes.

i dont give a crap about spanish subs. and if its about spanish subs only, it makes this thing all the more stupid.
why dont you just release your subs except the spanish ones? ever think of that? that way you punish gabriel in the exact same way without bothering everyone else who dont give a shit about this petty squabble.

The strike period will have to be for a long period (at least a month or more) for there to be effect in terms of the ad revenues.

not really. a week or two at most will do just fine.

i dont give a crap about spanish subs. and if its about spanish subs only, it makes this thing all the more stupid.
why dont you just release your subs except the spanish ones? ever think of that? that way you punish gabriel in the exact same way without bothering everyone else who dont give a shit about this petty squabble.

because mr wiseguy, if you even cared to read the 1st page of this thread, they take english subs, remove credits, put their own and then translate with crappy online translators. Cutting up their source will bring them on their knees.

edit: It's a tottally different thing to host even some crappy subs (cause people are sheep and they will sooner or later accept this), than not hosting any subs at all. Edited by Rm4g3dD0v
  • Like 1

I just read in subtitulos someone saying that the reason why you did this is because you are jealous that subtitulos has more visits than addi7ed , (wait a minute cosue I'm LOL) . Well obviously a Spanish site for subs is going to have more visits, than an English one, because the vast majority of the series are in English and the major part of the people that his native language is English don't use subs. But we, the people Spanish born, over 400 million over the world, we need to use subs for understanding a language that is not our own.

not really. a week or two at most will do just fine.

time is money....but you're wrong. in two weeks, all that needed subbing will be subbed. there is no long-term benefit in this kind of action.

I see. Btw, it's nice to know that u have a Chinese partner too. Can u give me the URL to the Chinese partner?

Also, will Addic7ed be hosting Chinese subtitles on Addic7ed website too, or do u still require an English-to-Chinese translator?

yyets. And no, probably not in the near future. We're not that many (as it may seem) and we do enough already. If someone feels like uploading Chinese files, you have green light to do it.
  • Like 1

Changing the world. One subtitle at a time.

because mr wiseguy, if you even cared to read the 1st page of this thread, they take english subs, remove credits, put their own and then translate with crappy online translators. Cutting up their source will bring them on their knees.

edit: It's a tottally different thing to host even some crappy subs (cause people are sheep and they will sooner or later accept this), than not hosting any subs at all.

Ohh, now you are mr wiseguy and 1st page has the absolutelly true about the whole issue.

What do you KNOW?

yyets. And no, probably not in the near future. We're not that many (as it may seem) and we do enough already. If someone feels like uploading Chinese files, you have green light to do it.

I see. I did download Chinese subs from yyets for Fringe to watch in the meantime, but found certain terms that weren't translated correctly in context, that's why I felt like doing it myself. :P

f someone feels like uploading Chinese files, you have green light to do it.

is that tested? encodings and database coallition and stuff? as i recall, you had problems with russian encodings, and still in view&edit you have missing characters for easteuropean languages as š???ž.
edit: ??? are csd with that lines above as in š and ž :P

Addic7ed has the reputation for both quality and speed. People will come back to addic7ed and the face it will lose will be much less than subtitlos will. And this is not about ego. If you re so smart try doing yourself honeybunny's work at the same speed, quantity, quality and for the same long time. My people have a very wise saying for your case: "Those that are out of the dance know a lot of songs"

addic7ed pull remarkable stuff but they're not unexpendable. subtitulos just make translations for Spanish-speaking people and neither their users or staff give a damn about this childish situation. I have lots of respect for honeybunny's work, but I would certainly match his output if I was paid properly. Since she chooses to do it for free and share it on the internet she should expected it to be used credited and uncredited. After all and despite her hard work, she uses copyrighted material that she doesn't own.
  • Like 1

is that tested? encodings and database coallition and stuff? as i recall, you had problems with russian encodings, and still in view&edit you have missing characters for easteuropean languages as š???ž.

So does that mean the current wikisubtitles-based site does not support unicode?

So does that mean the current wikisubtitles-based site does not support unicode?

we fixed most of the problems. Russian works fine now, among other languages that had problems when downloading, translating or editing.

Changing the world. One subtitle at a time.

not really my area, but: subtitle workshop saves file in ansi, site is unicode, and db coallition is who-knows. a lot of place for errors.
this is how it looks for croatian language:"
Pogrije?ili smo. ?ao mi je.
Evo, prere?ite mi ru?ni zglob."

Thanks for all. You're greatest.