Subtitles Stopped

honeybunny

I'm confused. Did you take the time to read my post? Please do it.

- Subtitulos.es finishes a sub in less than two hours.
- Today (and probably tomorrow, too) they got the english sources without problem.

I'm aware that english is not my mother tongue, but I think that I clearly made a point.
So, again, please read my post. It's crystal clear.
;)

And ever more: Please read my former posts at precedent page 23!!!!

(Otherwise, it's a deaf conversation, Kerviel)

I did read your entire post. You named 2 shows, pretty much the ONLY two shows from the entire Thursday night line up that was posted in a somewhat reasonable amount of time. Addic7ed does almost the entire line up in like 2 hours. Bravo they managed to get Fringe and Mentalist up within a few hours of airing. Fringe aired 24 hours ago, the subs were posted 15 hours ago, that's 9 hours, not 2. Mentalist aired 24 hours ago, and was posted 13 hours ago, that's 11 hours, not 2. Perhaps you only watch those two shows so that is all you care about. What about all the other popular shows from the Thursday night lineup?

Ok from right now it has been 24-26 hours since the Thursday night lineup aired live.

Here is a screenshot right now from what's been posted for last nights shows.

02IFT.jpg

average of 20-21 hours for the subs to appear.

Guess what else. Caprica is still missing the english sub and CSI is missing, Hell's Kitchen is Missing and the Apprentice is missing and it's been a day now.

So yes I did read your post and now I just shot holes into your claim. Of course other sites will get the subs out. There's ALWAYS been sites that get the subs out eventually. It used to be 3-4 days, then it was like 1-2 days then like a day or sometimes less and now thanks to Addic7ed it's a matter of hours or less.
  • Like 1

I think what your doing is the right decision.... :D
Sometimes we must remember about the basic...what we will doing without them?
All their asking it's simple credit about what they are doing... and from my opinion what's wrong with this simple credit, compare to what their doing...
Their doing without get pay etc.
Even addic7ed will not release subtitles 1 month I will always support you...
I think this is a great idea...because Most of TV Series end Per Episode make me fell curious...so think about maybe 4 episode non stop.. :lol:
that's just my opinion, and every single person have their own opinion...
So cheer up, we will always support you...

*sorry for my English it's not my mother language*

I did read your entire post. You named 2 shows, pretty much the ONLY two shows from the entire Thursday night line up that was posted in a somewhat reasonable amount of time. Addic7ed does almost the entire line up in like 2 hours. Bravo they managed to get Fringe and Mentalist up within a few hours of airing. Fringe aired 24 hours ago, the subs were posted 15 hours ago, that's 9 hours, not 2. Mentalist aired 24 hours ago, and was posted 13 hours ago, that's 11 hours, not 2. Perhaps you only watch those two shows so that is all you care about. What about all the other popular shows from the Thursday night lineup?

Ok from right now it has been 24-26 hours since the Thursday night lineup aired live.

02IFT.jpg

Guess what else. Caprica is still missing the english sub and CSI is missing, Hell's Kitchen is Missing and the Apprentice is missing and it's been a day now.

So yes I did read your post and now I just shot holes into your claim. Of course other sites will get the subs out. There's ALWAYS been sites that get the subs out eventually. It used to be 3-4 days, then it was like 1-2 days then like a day or sometimes less and now thanks to Addic7ed it's a matter of hours or less.

Come on, Kerviel! There's life beyond Addic7ed. Two possible scenarios could be:
(A) Honeybunny and Gabriel grow up.
(B) If not, there will be OTHER SITES. Translator migrate. Nothing is for granted in this ephimeral existence, Kerviel. Life goes on. Besides, I cannot imagine Addic7ed stopping definitely their releases. Do you? They are only bluffing, in my opinion.
:D

Be more equable, more nuanced. Things have shades and perhaps you are seeing this struggle "in B&W".

No offense.
  • Like 1

hmmm, i see final decision is still not taken. you want their moderator to cooperate, what if it's never happen. how long this strike will go? i think you should make a deadline. publish the final decision then. if this keep going on, it'll look like addic7ed is bluffing like mulkurul said. oh, and if you continuing releasing your subs without getting what you want from the other site moderator, it'll look like addic7ed is bluffing too.

some final outcomes:

• subtitulos won't cooperate, eventually they got subs from other subber and continuing their work. maybe good and fast subber like addic7ed appear and they use it too. situation stays the same for them. addic7ed stop their release, fullstop.
  • subtitulos won't cooperate, eventually they got subs from other subber and continuing their work. maybe good and fast subber like addic7ed appear and they use it too. situation stays the same for them. addic7ed continuing their release after wasting time for a strike or stopping releases (which eventually people will forget, especially new user don't know 'bout this), not getting what they want from subtitulos.
  • subtitulos finally cooperate and peace for all of us. subber satisfied, some users still feels disappointed about the stopped release.

subtitulos still working on their subs, taking the base sub from others. and i heard their sub is not bad too, maybe they're even improving their subs better later. if you continue stopping, eventually people will go there because they need subs. some subtitulos is plagiating, we know that. but it didn't change the fact that people need sub and they go wherever (subtitulos or not subtitulos) they got it from, especially in gray area like www.
addic7ed is fast, but when addic7ed is gone, it'll back to where people have to wait for 1-3 days for the subs. and i think it's just matter of hours where everyone can wait if they want.
no matter what you said about not punishing, some users didn't feel the same. users didn't stand in subber shoes, and subber didn't stand in users shoes.

Some people don't understand we don't want credit for the subtitles, but for the work we do on the files.
Apparently 20 forum pages aren't enough.

@gosu: we were not asking for our name in their translations.. we are asking for our name in our English files they upload and remove our credits from.

err... you said you don't want credit. but when you're asking for your name and people to acknowledge your work (http://www.thefreedi...nary.com/credit), aren't they mean credit? i'm quite confused here.

Maybe honeybunny and the rest of the addicted staff should take a long vacation and see how you all like that.
Because if they re not going to get any support and all they get is accusations, maybe they should show you what it's like without them.

or maybe the site should change to give fast access to subs only to those who donate. The rest should get the subs with a day's delay. maybe this will make you appeciate their efforts.

well, i support the "they must credit", but i don't support the "stop releasing".
i think that without addic7ed, like everybody says, subbers like addic7ed will eventually appear, and people leave and forget addic7ed.

humm, i don't think that's working. even if you only want to be appreciated, some people will still think "you want fast sub? pay us."

-----------------------
maybe it's confusing. sorry for my bad English.

Hello again, i think the users are uncontrolled in subtitulos.es ... lol bad joke...

subtitulos.es doesn't have a lot of moderators so the users create and destroy things like they were an alchemist.

So, in the end this is fault of the trolls and the admin altogether that cant control them.

What if that guy "Gabriel" doesn't want to leave the credits? this website is going to be on Strike indefinitely because of him? i think is a little ...stupid?

i have to be honest on this...i visit subtitulos.es since like 1 or 2 years..and i discover this website because of them...now i don't visit them at all...i moved to US recently and i am trying to improve my english in the most fun way possible...that is, listening and reading subtitles in english and translating the words i don't know.

Still my english sucks , sorry for any errors.

02IFT.jpg

Come on, Kerviel! There's life beyond Addic7ed. Two possible scenarios could be:
1) Honeybunny and Gabriel grow up.
2) If not, there will be OTHER SITES. Translators migrate. Nothing is for granted nor definitive in this fleeting existence, Kerviel. Life goes on. Besides, I cannot imagine Addic7ed stopping definitely their releases. Do you? They are only bluffing, in my opinion.

Be more equable, more nuanced. Things have shades and perhaps you are seeing this struggle "in B&W".

No offense. ;)
  • Like 1

I don´t know what the real reason for this trouble. But I think that damage the site's users, including instigate them to send a mail, is like use them in a fight that is not theirs.

If there are problems about credits, it should be fixed between the adms of both sites.

And finally, what the addic get with this? Do you know what users are doing? Searching for subtitles in another sites. No one will be waiting for addic. I met other sites that I don´t even knew, because I never needed before.
The addic, denying the releases, is telling users: "Go and look for another option (sites)."

I appreciate this site and I hope that common sense wins.

• Like 1

It's not punishment, oh no you have to wait a day for subs because the best sub group on the net is making a point and taking a stand. Support them, stand by them and quit QQing.

TkvxX.jpg

I support and stand by Addic7ed and you don't hear me complaining and whining that I'm being punished.

Whats the point of donating if they wont upload subs anymore?? posting a pic of what you donated doesn't make you special.

Whats the point of donating if they wont upload subs anymore?? posting a pic of what you donated doesn't make you special.

Well, I'm gonna go sleep, but before I do, I'm just going to point out that a strike doesn't remotely mean we are closing.
In fact, today's subtitles were made as we always do.

Good night.

EDIT: And yes, make him/her more special here than you, obviously.
  • Like 1

Well, I'm gonna go sleep, but before I do, I'm just going to point out that a strike doesn't remotely mean we are closing.
In fact, today's subtitles were made as we always do.

Good night.

EDIT: And yes, make him/her more special here than you, obviously.

when you wake up maybe you'll read this:

hmmm, i see final decision is still not taken. you want their moderator to cooperate, what if it's never happen. how long this strike will go? i think you should make a deadline. publish the final decision then. if this keep going on, it'll look like addic7ed is bluffing like mulkurul said. oh, and if you continuing releasing your subs without getting what you want from the other site moderator, it'll look like addic7ed is bluffing too.

when will addic7ed release that subs they're working right now? until subtitulos mod cooperate? when is it? in the end, addic7ed still seems bluffing unless you can make subtitulos mod cooperate if addic7ed is gonna release the subs.

1) Honeybunny and Gabriel grow up.
2) If not, there will be OTHER SITES. Translators migrate. Nothing is for granted nor definitive in this fleeting existence, Kerviel. Life goes on. Besides, I cannot imagine Addic7ed stopping definitely their releases. Do you? They are only bluffing, in my opinion.

No offense. ;)

It's not bluffing, they never said they were going to stop unless xyz. They are merely making a point and they've clearly made it. People that were not aware of the source of the subs is clearly aware now when all this has occured and backed by the fact that with Addic7ed withholding subs for a day that the other site went from quick releasing to heavy delays (back to how it was before addic7ed started).

There's some confusion as to the statement of not wanting and wanting credit. Addic7ed is not trying to take credit for the translations members/contributors do on the other site, but they should just add their credit to the subtitle, not REPLACE it.

Using last week's Dexter 5x08 as an example:
Hq2I0.jpg
then the spanish translation of HB's sub
U4ZdN.jpg
and that is how it looks on their site, I did not change the colors or anything. The way that looks to someone using that subtitle is that the person there on that last line takes credit for all the work done from start to finish which is just absurd, they only did about 5-10% of the work it took to produce that entire subtitle.

Out of respect for the person that did all the original work, sync and corrections. What they should do is make it look like this:

Sync & corrected by honeybunny
Original - www.addic7ed.com

5 second pause then

www.SUBTITULOS.es
-DIFUNDE LA PALABRA-

or Spanish Conversion - <insert persons name>
www.SUBTITULOS.es

I mean if someone takes a book and translates it into another language, credit is still given to the original author. The only thing that changes is that somewhere there will be a mention or thanks to the person that translated the book into xxxx language.

I don't get how so many people are failing to understand this.

There's some confusion as to the statement of not wanting and wanting credit. Addic7ed is not trying to take credit for the translations members/contributors do on the other site, but they should just add their credit to the subtitle, not REPLACE it.

i'm still confused. maybe it's because of my bad English. but here what i got:
i know addic7ed is not trying to take credit for for the translations members/contributors on the other site. but addic7ed want their work (the synch, etc) are acknowledged as theirs. isn't it the same as wanting credit, wanting people to know that it's their work (i checked credit definition at http://www.thefreedi...nary.com/credit)? and not wanting credit means they don't care anything about people knows who've done this part, who've done that part, just spread them and let people enjoy them.

but enough of the credit thing. i'm still curious how long this strike will go on. it looks like addic7ed staff is obsessed with one Gabriel. what if they pointed out a new more rational admin that will talk and apologize to you. will addic7ed accept that? i think it's a good suggestion for the other site if it'll resolve this problem.

EDIT:
i read the announcement again and try to understand this part: E-mail him asking to take a decision at info@subtitulos.es because until he answers for his and his users' actions, we will stop releasing the subtitles.

that means if he don't answers, but then you release your subs, you'll looked like bluffing, right? err.... *confused myself*

humm.... is it mean unless it's "him" replying, you won't release? if it's true, my suggestion won't work then... *sigh*

Beign a frequent user of the Addic7ed site i must say i'am really disappointed at you guys.

Me and a lot of people that use your site frequently really appreciate the work you do. We appreciate it, really do. Do the guys at Subititulos.es appreciate your work as much as us, that frequent your site daily? I don't think so. But still you guys think THEY are more important then us, your loyal users?

P.S: Sorry for terribad english. Not a native speaker.

I think this post resumes everything.
  • Like 1

I think this post resumes everything.

I agree with Thundera.

Seeing from the spanish site, i guess this issue is far from over. The moderator(s) of the site is/are kinda resilient.

Well, I just want to remind honeybunny that by stopping releases, you would really disappoint the loyal users.

I hope the issue will be solved soon and we can enjoy our subtitles =D..

I'll support you always from my town Jakarta =)..
  • Like 1

i'm still curious how long this strike will go on. it looks like addic7ed staff is obsessed with one Gabriel. what if they pointed out a new more rational admin that will talk and apologize to you. will addic7ed accept that?

All they've asked is that they do not allow people to remove the credits from the original source. I showed an example of what they are doing in the post you responded to. That last line of the sub they wiped out any existance of the source and put their own information down. It makes it appear as if the sub was solely done by them. On Addic7ed credit to the source and contributors to the file are always included in the sub.

The problem with your suggestion I quoted above is that Gabriel is the owner, operator and moderator of that site and from what it sounds like, no one else has any authority at all, it's 100% Gabriel.
  • Like 1

I Just wanna all going normal again. Hope you both get good decision. The two parties should be aware. If you took the subtitle of addic7ed, why be ashamed? if it is not based on anything else. as someone quote "BE YOUR SELF, DONT TAKE ADVANTAGE FROM ANOTHER, BUT TRY WITH YOUR OWN SKILLS" its fondation when you are doing business.
:D:lol::D:lol::D:lol::D:lol::D:lol::D:lol::D:lol:

EDIT BY MOD: You know that a subtitle it's made from text and times right? and even if you translate it, who made those times?

Well, I came here for my weekly dose of Smallville and was thoroughly dissappointed.

I had bought food and snacks and were ready for a hell of a night.

I knew addicted gave insanely fast subtitles, so I didnt think I needed to wait for subs before planning my night.

And here we are...

I know you are doing this for free and I have no right to bitch and moan.
I know this is my fault for assuming that the subs would be there.

But, really... You want to DRM subtitles for shows that are distributed after DRM was removed? (ILLEGALY mind you...)
What happens tomorrow when CTU decides to put their LOGO at the end of the show and then someone removes it and they stop ripping shows?

Your reward is that your work is fast and with quality. That's why I came HERE and no random spanish website.

It's a plain textfile, you will NEVER be able to stop people from stealing your work, why cause all this drama?
I think you are better of focusing your efforts on what you are good at and maybe making sure the "official" sub download sites in XBMC are not stealing your work.
At least then you can complain with XBMC and have that site removed. Right now you are screaming at a bully to stop hitting you, think it will work?

If you have quit forever, then all the respect to you. You gave a hell of a service for free and I am thankful for the time it lasted.
But if this is just a "strike", all it accomplished was that I no longer look at addicted with the same esteem.

<Drama> Now excuse me while I go eat cold food and watch some random infomercial on tv <suicide />.</Drama>

• Like 2

Good morning, (sun makes first attempts to break through the clouds here in Germany)

I've got the highest appreciation for action, even sympathy.
Usually my English is well enough to get everything, understand
the rest from the context, but then again, I'm kinda lazy in the
last hours of the evening, and still don't wanna miss a pun,
sometimes I even learn something, that I would've missed
as a non native speaker.

I just got to know about your existence because of the
credits in your subtitles, when downloading from a
german subtitle database, where the credits to you
are even given, before downloading, it was then,
when I just thought to myself, why am I going
to a german site, to download english subs...

Long story cut short, I appreciate your work.
Hell, it's your damn lifetime and lifeblood that
goes into creating these subtitles, just for the
love of it. And I guess, that is what many people
don't get, it's work, it's real, there are real people,
doing real work, so they can get their subtitles.

So, yeah, I'm sad too, that I don't get to have
the subtitles for the new episode of Burn Notice.
But it's just, just. No pun intended.

Often I even wonder how fast you are.
You 'do' follow the laws of physics... do you?

So, it may take how long it takes, you've
got some support from the good old, now,
at least old, sometimes suffering from
a little dementia, Germany!

• Like 2

Anything invented after you’re thirty-five is against the natural order of things.

For those of you that say that subtitulos.es although a bit slower yesterday continued to do their work given the people subs of a certain quality, here is a complain of a friend of mine:

Subtítulos.es seguirá trabajando, pero la base con la que trabajan es un desastre, me acabo de pasar mas de 1 hora sincronizando casi a mano los subs de bones que eran un desastre y el workshop no me funciona con archivos .avi no se porque.

Translation: Subtítulos.es will continue to work, but the raw materials they are using are a complete disaster, I've just spent more than 1 hour synchronizing the subs of bones that were awful. I'm doing it editing the file with notepad because my workshop don't open .avi files and I don't know why.
So, maybe its and example, but this person watches over 40 shows per season, and few times has to resync one sub. So its obvious that their work its affected.