Subtitles Stopped

honeybunny

Okay - I'm getting confused here. First, it's about the missing credits and the argument. Then it's not so much about the missing credits but more about the argument - but still a bit about the credits.

I understand both issues. But I don't understand what you hope to accomplish with the strike. I mean, if you've decided never to make any subs again, well that's it, right? Then no need for a strike - all you need is to shut the site down. If you do want to continue, then - we can agree that those who are punished by the strike, is us - the users - right?

Thing is, like so many before me have pointed out. The dude on the other site is never going to back down. The fact that he banned you from his site - well...who cares? It's some tiny site, and he basically has the right to censor anyone who dares write sense in his forum. You can't change him.

The usual purpose of a strike is to affect "the little people" so they affect the head honchos. The problem here is, we (yes I include myself in this little people thing - forgive me, I'm half Irish) little people don't have any way of affecting those who need affecting. Which makes the strike purposeless. Unless you just want to keep the other site from getting the good stuff (let's keep going with the druggie metaphores here), that is obviously having an effect on the other site. But also the thousands of people, who support you.

Oh - and I'm not clinically hearing impaired, nor have I got any problems with understanding English - except for when there is any other sound than the voice - that ruins it for me. So I'm kinda having a hard time without subs as well.

Some people don't understand we don't want credit for the subtitles, but for the work we do on the files.
Apparently 20 forum pages aren't enough.

@gosu: we were not asking for our name in their translations.. we are asking for our name in our English files they upload and remove our credits from.

This is not the same complaint that @isle posted in
http://www.sub-talk.net/topic/1009-nuestra-version-de-los-hechos/

The credits are in the english version of the files in the video

http://wwwstatic.megavideo.com/mv_player.swf?image=http://img3.megavideo.com/7c17daebb0b0ea1c28005d8030baeb65.jpg&v=ZYTLE3MJ

sorry for my lousy English,I'm from Egypt The English is not my first Language,any way, i just sign up To Tell The admin's of Addic7ed.com That This is The internet you can't stop every one from stealing any thing The Episodes That we Translating it To Arabic or English or any other Language is Stolen ,any way i hope That you can find Solution soon Because a lot of Arabic sites stopped showing lots of serials because of this problem.
Believe me, I know the kind of people That you are talking about until you find a solution
Thay will never stop,Tried to making a program or something with it you can protect your rights
Because this problem is happening also with us in Arabic translations
There are always people who are stealing the efforts of others
Thank you to all The Admins of this Site for your really hard and Nice work
my best Wishes.

If you dont stand up against the foul, who will?
Suppose this goes on and some day honeybunny quits subtitling.
Then you re all screwed. No more quality subs whatsoever.
Should this happen all of you little ignorant pricks would be fucking happy to convience honeybunny to compromise with a strike.

So STFU, and start sending emails and standing up against the robbing assholes.

logic for kindergarden graduates:

Addicted produces QUALITY Spanish subs.
Addicted produces QUALITY English subs.

Subtitlos steals QUALITY Spanish subs.
Subtitlos outputs QUALITY Spanish subs.
Subtitlos visitors happy.

That is so not true. You didn't crossed anything in your "cross reference".

that's not something to suppose, that's a given,just matter of time :)
noone subs for life, unless is payed for that.

it can be, like i said, i'm no expert on those encoding stuff :)

Windows xp sp3 with croatian language pack, Firefox 3.6 with unicode-8 encoding.
before upload files look ok on my computer and on standalone dvd player, after download they have missing characters.

i remembered that you had problems with other language encodings, so i thought there is nothing to be done about it...and it's possiblly that problem was on my side :facepalm: :)

can you please check now?

Changing the world. One subtitle at a time.

that's not something to suppose, that's a given,just matter of time :)
noone subs for life, unless is payed for that.

but its different to have the subtitler quit due to natural causes and due to an asshole who wants the easy money.
No offence intended; maybe when you grow up and get a beaten up by life a bit, you'll understand.

wow i've downloaded some english subs today (burn notice, outsourced, fringe...) and really what a shame to put those out. Since you don't release subs anymore, first there are not much out, and second the quality is a disaster. Come backkkk

wow i've downloaded some english subs today (burn notice, outsourced, fringe...) and really what a shame to put those out. Since you don't release subs anymore, first there are not much out, and second the quality is a disaster. Come backkkk

no. you take action to protect those who you want back.

This was very sad news! :(

Every friday our family comes together to eat homemade pizza and watch The Office. Some of the family members cant hear very much so we allways used subtitles from this site because it got subtitles with hearing impaired.

:(

(sorry for bad english)

okay, i could be wrong. how about you tell me what's true?

All i can say is that subtitles.es doesn't steal spanish subtitles (at least systematically).

I have made an English subtitle myself using an italian subtitle and Fringepedia. Thousands of people are waiting for the subtitle, but you let your supporters down because of some other guys we even don't know. People love you because of your subtitles.

Here is the English Subs: http://files.thedewi...TV.XviD-LOL.zip

You're not the only one who could do this. Do not threaten 'us' with your subtitles.

thx for subs :o can finnaly watch it

Why punish your users?? you also punish those who donated to help your site be better.. its a slap in the face.

I've donated numerous times and I don't feel it's a slap in the face at all. How many times have you donated and as a donor why do you feel it's a slap in the face that a site you support stands it's ground against those that exploit their work?

Could u kindly summarise what was written on the page for the benefit of non-Spanish readers? :P

Just crap all over, not worth spending your time :D. Maybe the writer should spend some time first
studying some grammar and basic Spanish spelling. Then, he could (maybe), do a deeper research
on the subject before making non sense statements.

Just guess he wanted to do a little spam about his crappy post :)

Overall i think that too, but it's hard to prove it. Mostly he doesn't want his users to know about Addic7ed (that's the reason he refers to us as *the other website*, he removed upload comments and so on).

Even with the "other website" stuff, it wouldn't make any sense from Gabriel. I can assure you most of the users know Addic7ed, and even if some of them haven't visited your website, they are familiar with your group because of the references made in almost every single subtitle taken from Addic7ed and uploaded to subtitulos. (by almost single I mean except from those credits removers we've been talking).

As you, me, and some other people already said, it isn't a competition between both sites: Addic7ed having a worldwide scope whereas subtitulos is Spanish oriented.

No offence intended; maybe when you grow up and get a beaten up by life a bit, you'll understand.

Just a little hard taking you serious with your first move being "let's DDoS them!!!!". I guess you're just giving advices about growing up to crvenooki,
not about maturing. No offence intended.

First of all I want to say that never heard about subtitulo but now, thanks to you they became popular.

My suggestion is to keep a public list with the subtitles that they steal from you (in order to let your fans know about this) and go back to work.

Even they apologize and advise their users not to steal your subtitles I am sure it will happen again. I understand your frustration but don't see any point for this strike.

With or without your help the people will see their movies. I appreciate your work but I have to say that the solution you found for this issue is not a professional one.

hi folks!
first i have to say thank you for hundreds of subs i downloaded at addic7ed.
i am german and my english is better in reading than in hearing... so i actually do both to watch the latest episodes of my favorite shows that werent dubbed in german so far.
i really understand that you are pissed when someones´s stealing your subs and claiming them to be their own, but i cannot understand that you suddenly stopped releasing them.
would mcdonald´s stop producing hamburgers if a small, filthy snack-stand somewhere in the southern-europe-nirvana would steal them at a mcd-reataurant and sell them as "home-made-burgers" without telling that they were from mcdonald´s?
i don´t think so. they wouldn´t give a s*hit.
you should´t do either....
don´t let me be misunderstood: i really can understand you, and i would also be pissed, but please don´t forget about the hundreds of thousand people that are highly dependent on your fine quality work.
thx for reading

If you dont stand up against the foul, who will?
Should this happen all of you little ignorant pricks would be fucking happy to convience honeybunny to compromise with a strike.

So STFU, and start sending emails and standing up against the robbing assholes.

wow!
you make good point.

I've donated numerous times and I don't feel it's a slap in the face at all. How many times have you donated and as a donor why do you feel it's a slap in the face that a site you support stands it's ground against those that exploit their work?

Because punishing loyal users or donaters just dont make any sense.. I understand why addic7ed is angry sure but what can they really do?? all they are effectively doing is punishing the wrong people.