Subtitles Stopped

honeybunny

First place, thanks, receiving an insult from you must mean something great in the real world.

You know that short sentences are quite difficult to translate in two different ways?... Oh, my god... Here they translated "Yes" to "Sí", and there too!!! IT'S A CONSPIRACY!!!... Double check the facts...

That removal you can responsabilize the one that upload it, 'cause every series I translated has the credit at the end...

Also, those spanish subtitles edited, i doubt it came from here, i can't see how the translators of this website could let an "OK" on their translation, so, it seems fake to me.

Punctuation, line breaks, spacing, brackets, Capitalization, etc. This are all things that would vary from different translations. So it's VERY obvious they were stolen, similar to how obvious it is that you have no clue whatsoever.

Even Gabriel from subtitulos.es admits it. In his "official statement" (English version) he states that in the cases of addic7ed's subs that they take the original and post it intact with credits and then the spanish version/translation that they remove/alter the credits. So basically he states and believes that because the credits in the english version has the credits intact that it's ok that the spanish version does not. The problem is that the users that download the spanish translation/version have no clue that the addic7ed team is the one that did the hard work on those subs they are using.

3. The subtitle "original" is the language that they will always remain intact with their "credit" for transcription or synchronization.

I stand by and support you HB, Alex and all the rest of the Addic7ed.com Team Members.

Hello again!

Subtitulos.es do not make subtitles. We only translate subtitles in the web.

Original sources are from many webs but mainly from Addic7ed and nobody can deny it.

I understand most of you don't understand Spanish, but most of the users of that website agree with all the credit stuff.

We only have one manager, one moderator, one supreme person for all the translations and the uploads. It's hard to believe that he is like Sauron and can watch all the things properly.

Site currently doesn't have the necessary tools to adequately control but he has promised us they will be soon.

I can't tell you if that is the truth because I can't see the future(I wish, I will be rich, going to England and learn English so well I won¡t need subtitles anymore!).

And who's to blame there's only one moderator? :)
And don't tell me he can't answer my emails just because he's too busy.. he answered to other users. He should answer our emails with priority.. because in the end we provide his content, right?

Changing the world. One subtitle at a time.

Don't know, but surely not here... take a look by yourself if you don't believe me.

Criminal Minds 6x06 (Spanish (Spain))

What does "here" mean? The "ok" exists in the english subtitle at line 30 of the non HI sub. It was translated as "ok" by hola16 who probably had an originality strike, and then corrected himself when he saw what addic7ed wrote. And then continued to copy paste the rest of what was still translated on addic7ed. I know you want to be right, but face the facts.
  • Like 1

bunnyblog.png

facebook.png

Alright I'm quite new to your site and this forum
but for all this time I really enjoyed your subtitles just because it's always a great translation en nicely timed

Now I looked around on http://www.subtitulos.es/ and I know some spanish and the users themselves clearly admit they use your subtitles
because of the great english translation and timing!
So when I read the official statement that they didn't have anything to do with this, that's just big BS right there.

I don't get why they don't want to credit your subtitles, because after all YOU did the hard work...

You have my full support and there should definitely happen something about this,
but please don't stop making subtitles, I'm sure you're gonna hurt yourselves more because you have to stop doing something that you love and these guys http://www.subtitulos.es/ will just keep rollin'
And this community will fall apart without your awesome subtitles!

• Like 1

[..]
will just keep rollin'

How that if they don't have "rough" materials? :)

103iruh.gif

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do!

IMPORTANT LINK:

And who's to blame there's only one moderator? :)
And don't tell me he can't answer my emails just because he's too busy.. he answered to other users. He should answer our emails with priority.. because in the end we provide his content, right?

That's exactly what we are arguing in the Spanish topic right now XD

Well, we do not discuss a lot, we almost all agree. But I don't know why sometimes Gabriel appears I don't know him(but he answer me once or twice in the Spanish topic).

I think he feels attacked(lot of angry emails I suppose) and doesn't wanna give a reply. But I'm not Psylocke.

[...]it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey stuff.

Doctor Who, Tenth Doctor

What does "here" mean? The "ok" exists in the english subtitle at line 30 of the non HI sub. It was translated as "ok" by hola16 who probably had an originality strike, and then corrected himself when he saw what addic7ed wrote. And then continued to copy paste the rest of what was still translated on addic7ed. I know you want to be right, but face the facts.

Oh, my... you're all over conspiracy... You know Occam's razor?...

First, that episode is from weeks ago...

It seems to me that there are 2 parts to this situation. The first part is removal of credits. And the second part is that subtitulos.es isn't doing enough to rectify the problem.

I understand the first problem well, though the context is a bit different in my case. I started as a **** uploader a couple of years ago and now have 200-300 ****s to my name. If you are interested you can check the****.org/user/err0001. The only credit part of my files is the "-err0001" on the end of the **** and filenames. Lately I have noticed that some people have uploaded my versions to private sites but without the credit part. And it is a kick in the ribs. But it is balanced by the appreciation I get from people (especially from the supportive community on demonoid).

Recently, I have been providing Closed Captions to addic7ed. For Canadian-only content and also for backup to the main person who does this. I have found the community here very positive and welcoming. Anyways, enough about me.

When I saw that the subtitles had been stopped, it was a shock. I think I understand the issues, but the main thing I envision is the loss by those that need the service most - the hearing impaired, those who want to translate to foreign languages and the regular users (in that order from my perspective)

While the stoppage has only been for about 1 day now, I think we need to get out of the venting/justification mode and look for ways to bring this to a conclusion of some kind. The admin of the Spanish site seems to be saying that he believes that credit should be left in subtitles from other sources, yet he does not address the problem.

So here is my idea: Resume the subtitles. When someone finds that a site (subtitulos or another one) is not providing proper credit, then post a simple thread stating merely that (but without angry comments) on that site's forum. Sure they can ban people, but it is trivial to create a new email, register again, and post a new thread.

Maybe this approach isn't the right solution, but we need to be searching for solutions at this point.

That is my (longwinded) 2 cents.

• Like 2

I'm not into the subtitling business but I just registered here to say that I fully support this action taken. I hope a solution can be made out of it. Cheers for all your works so far.

• Like 1

Oh, my... you're all over conspiracy... You know Occam's razor?...

First, that episode is from weeks ago...

So now because the episode was from weeks ago, that makes it ok to remove credit where credit is due?

Thanks for letting me know how credits work. I had no idea it was ok to steal someone elses work and remove any credit to them once it is a couple weeks old.

What's really pathetic is that Catts from subwhatever.es even posted herself that they do not create or make any subs they only translate subs they get from other sources on the web. So even if they take an english sub and do all the work themselves of translating it to spanish, CREDIT is still due to the original creator of the sub. Anyone with English and Spanish language knowledge can translate a sub since 95% of the work has been done with a perfect source to use.

In the time it takes them to remove credit to the original source, they could just as easily just add a line that says Spanish Translation - <insert name here> and then everyone responsible gets credit for the work they did.

I've made corrections on subs here on Addic7ed and I never remove anything. If I made a significant number of corrections, I may add Corrections by Kerviel after the credits to Addic7ed and the source.
  • Like 1

So now because the episode was from weeks ago, that makes it ok to remove credit where credit is due?

Who said that?... Read what I was answering at... a weird conspiracy where the guy edited the file previously because he/she read the message from addic7ed, and then edited again to the correct translation... Occam's razor...
  • Like 1

First of all I appreciate and respect very much Addic7ed work providing promptly with useful quality subtitles, and somehow I understand that you might feel annoyed if third people take advantage of the time and effort you put into it without being credited.
Having said this, in my opinion this situation is merely childish and an ego dead-end. From what I have learned from the other site position, there's no way they're gonna humble and apologize especially if commanded to. In the end this is the internet, people take and share stuff more or less selfishly all the time. One could also say that you in turn take the work of the people who writes the shows, and as a result people is encouraged to download the shows for free (I do), thus damaging their business.
So what's the situation now, are you closing your site? Will you lose face and resume releases without getting an apology? Because these other guys will surely call your bluff, and sooner or later some other site will fill your shoes.
I am certainly not taking sides, it's just my opinion on what is happening.

maybe some guy with program knowledge can create a new subtitle format, one that can be locked with a password? Or does this sound impossible??, like you can do with rar archives..

• Like 1

maybe some guy with program knowledge can create a new subtitle format, one that can be locked with a password? Or does this sound impossible??, like you can do with rar archives..

That may create problems for video players.. and it would be useless in the end (might make translations hard too).
The only way this is solved is cooperation between moderators.
  • Like 1

Ohhhhh no, that sucks !!

Until today, i didn't even know they exists.. This is unbelievable, how could he do that ? This guy is a piece of shit, and making me angry cause thanks to you i improved my english and i want to continue that way.

@elkranio "shall we activate our soviet DDoS devices to sink their bourgeois website? " I think that's a great idea :D Why don't we shut down their website ?

They don't want to respect us, and your work, we won't respect them too. However that may be, i understand your decision and i support you 100%.

Thanks honneybunny, elderman, nt17t01 (and all the "translators" i forgot) for your work !

• Like 2

I don't get why they don't want to credit your subtitles, because after all YOU did the hard work...

Says who? People in subtitulos agrees to keep credits, you'd know if you had taken the tame to read a little further. The
problem is more related to isolated users removing them or copying/paste, and communication issues with Gabriel in order to solve it.

(...)
What's really pathetic is that Catts from subwhatever.es even posted herself that they do not create or make any subs they only translate subs they get from other sources on the web.
So even if they take an english sub and do all the work themselves of translating it to spanish, CREDIT is still due to the original creator of the sub. Anyone with English and Spanish language knowledge can translate a sub since 95% of the work has been done with a perfect source to use.
(...)

Wait, what?Are you saying that is pathetic Catts posting that?Or the fact that subtitulos.es don't create subs? Anyway, I couldn't disagree more. Catts just stated the truth, it isn't a secret: the aim of subtitulos.es is providing Spanish subtitles for people needing them; not being Addic7ed's rival.

By the way, you make it look it pretty simple, huh?Anyone with knowledge can do it...but still, you have to do it, and that involves work. (I'm guessing you never did a translation :), or you just forgot the associated work )

Violence (even if it's virtual) is not an option.

Makes me very happy :)

[...]it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey stuff.

Doctor Who, Tenth Doctor

Well, I support you guys, but I really do not think this will solve anything. That is because:

- if they make crappy subtitles from your excellent English source, they will be able to make crappy subtitles from crappy English source

- you basically want your users to do something about it. But what can users do? They can take down the site, they can try to hack it, they can make life of the administrator of the other site miserable. Nothing more; so you can only wait until he cracks. Ergo, there is no guarantee it will work, and so you only make life of your own users worse, since they can get to their "mojo" :)

OR I think you can do something else:

You can say that everyone can use your subtitles, but he has to leave there line about source (I intentionally avoid the word "copyright", but I think I made myself clear). If he will not do it, publish it on some site and will not correct it (it may happen that he would accidentally remove it, but if you email him and point it out, he should put it back), you will put him (and his site) on some "shame list". And the users of your site will see, who steals from you and "take justice to their own hands".

If you want to be sure, that you detect the user who steals, I can think of technique which would detect it (so you can ban that user from your website along with his IP address). But that would require to limit downloading of subtitles to registered users and some coding (which I can do; if you want to know more about it, write me an email).

PS: English is not my native language, so I hope I did not write much nonsense :-)

Says who? People in subtitulos agrees to keep credits, you'd know if you had taken the tame to read a little further. The
problem is more related to isolated users removing them or copying/paste, and communication issues with Gabriel in order to solve it.

Wait, what?Are you saying that is pathetic Catts posting that?Or the fact that subtitulos.es don't create subs? Anyway, I couldn't disagree more. Catts just stated the truth, it isn't a secret: the aim of subtitulos.es is providing Spanish subtitles for people needing them; not being Addic7ed's rival.

By the way, you make it look it pretty simple, huh?Anyone with knowledge can do it...but still, you have to do it, and that involves work. (I'm guessing you never did a translation :), or you just forgot the associated work )

you are somehow right, kabracity. I read that most of the people agree credits should be kept... we're now waiting for Gabriel to agree (both that credits should be kept and that he'll -or another moderator- will cooperate with us).