Subtitles Stopped

honeybunny

Hi there,

My first post here, although been using your subs for quite a long time now, I want to express my gratitude for your work, which is way above average in all terms of subtitling.

After reading all posts in this topic, I see some negative reactions for your actions.

I have to say something to those people. YES, it may looks like that we are punished by this move (for not having our precious subs in time) but there is only one way to understand how difficult it is to create a sub from scratch, synchronize it, or even translate one. Make one subtitle yourself. To make this easier, take a ready one and translated in your native language without been worried about synch.

I will not post the sub or the site from which I had an issue a long time ago, were the Greek subs were so bad (Google Translator) that my eyes were bleeding after 3 minutes in the movie. So I decided before I go nerdrage on them to translate it properly from a decent English one. It took me 10 hours to finish the first copy (because not everything in English can be translated in Greek or any other way language as it is and keep the meaning), I corrected it numerous times, I ve seen the damn movie 10 times, all in all wasted 3 days on that particularly movie and even today after 3 years I can still find errors.

Keep in mind that in the credits I kept the names of the original “translators” even when there was but 1 line that didn’t need correcting.

What I want to say by this is that I do understand the effort it takes to make a sub, an I do understand how translators may feel, when they are not credited for their work and when they clearly see their job stolen from them.

So, stop harassing them and support them, a thank you is their only reward and it cost’s us nothing.

• Like 1

subtitulos is at fault when the admin attitude is like "i'm the ruler of the world, i'm always right and everything i said is right " when it's impossible to predict 100% of your members true nature if they're stealing or not. it's wrong to delete and stole credit. they can go to hell for all i care. but looks like they lock up their forum, so i can't annoy the admin except e-mailing, which likely to be deleted as soon as it's in his/her inbox.

Just because you can speak on behalf of hundreds of users, when you make such a statement, you do it on behalf of the community and the website you run. That meaning these are your principles, but not implying every single user respects them. I agree it's in your hand to keep this principles alive, and to act actively when someone notices you a subtitle has been stolen. That's the thing Gabriel can be blamed for and I'm sure from now on he will try his best to avoid this kind of situations.

@Doudou Why should you know subtitulos?addic7ed has a global scope, subtitulos is Spanish users oriented and you're French....

@meixente I think we all agree on that matter. F*ck*ng tired of google translators and people just wanting to raise their %, but not everyone single user is like that. I keep hoping that the new web will bring a new system being able to control this kind of stuff in a more efficient way.
  • Like 2

@Doudou Why should you know subtitulos?addic7ed has a global scope, subtitulos is Spanish users oriented and you're French....

subtitulos are also sharing english subtitles as I know ? But I'm agree with the global scope for Addic7ed, however I used to know their works with tvsubtitles ^^

PS : I'm not french... But Belgian :D Thanx for the distinction ^^ //However, you were talking about my language, not my country ^^ My mistake :D

Hey there. Just posting to say that I've been using addic7ed's subs for a long time now (at one point I was thinking that honeybunny was some kind of superhero, what with being in all the subtitles of all the shows I was watching ;P) and that I'm pretty disappointed to see what's been done by that other site. I've had some experience with stealed stuff without credits where due and I know it's despicable.

I hope you'll get that sorted out!

Why don't you just try by yourselves and take a look at the english subtitles of subtitulos.es?, those from addic7ed KEEPS their credits!!!, those who are credited to subtitulos.es are the ones translated in site... so, stop lying.

Those who posted translations to spanish from addic7ed on subtitulos.es are the very same that keeps the fire in here. So, check the facts by yourselves!!! This is an artificial war made because some "ego" issues.

How many times should I say that this was not a rushed decision taken in the heat of the moment? Both me and Alex tried to contact Gabriel several times. The stolen credits would not have been the reason to take this measure. You say we shouldn't care about being ignored, about being banned, about being censored. You say all we should do is please you and continue to do our selfless work. You say we destroy the community. You say we are on internet and we have no rules because everybody's stealing.

Isn't that easy? You're all saints on the internet when u're not involved and u need us.

i believe the not rushed decision part, i just don't like it.

you know you have your supporters. you're not being ignored, banned, and cencored here. why you need that one community to accept you and decide things from there. it's as if you don't see your supporter and ignore them. just obsessed with that one community.

you pleased us, but for that you got our gratitude and respect. we can enjoy something we love because of you. you help many people just by subbing. and for that we really are thankful. and i thought people doing work like this is because they want to help people and spread the enjoyment., and when people thanks them for it, it'll be a great pleasure for you, to know that you help someone even if it's a little. but if you feels that it's selfless then there's no point in starting your subs from the beginning.

for the rules, there's always a rule. but not everybody is going to follow it. and you know that better, look at the stealing user.

i'm not a saint, i downloaded pirated video and use your sub to watch that.

subtitulos are also sharing english subtitles as I know ? But I'm agree with the global scope for Addic7ed, however I used to know their works with tvsubtitles ^^

PS : I'm not french... But Belgian :D Thanx for the distinction ^^

Yep, but English subtitles are more a tool to translate them into Spanish; the main goal is to provide the Spanish version :D.

Sorry, didn't notice "Liege" on your location :P, I should have said "French speakers" instead :D. (BTW I lived in Wallonie -Mons- for 5 months :) )
  • Like 1

Who said ALL of the subtitles have the credits removed?
It's about the subtitles that do, the translations that were stolen "line by line" (and that was even pointed out by a user a couple of posts above) and about the fact that, when we report such things to *the other website* we get no answer.

What's so hard to understand, supeindesu?

Besides that, what's the thing with Gabriel not even saying "addic7ed" ... he names us "the other website". That's the first clue right there..

(also, there's no problem with the users that translate in Spanish. All the respect for people that actually do something, instead of stealing stuff.
Also, i posted on their forum: http://www.foroseries.com/comunicados-oficiales/483-official-english-statement-about-sad-situation.html . Gabriel is online but i still have no answer. Funny, right?

Changing the world. One subtitle at a time.

And why don't you check instead of accepting a lye?

I'm saying that those who upload translations from addic7ed, are those who translates here!!! At least that's what I saw in series like House MD, and Dexter.

On the last episode of House MD I took the work to insert the lines from the beginning scene, and someone else took that data to improve another translation... and I didn't got mad because of it... it's ridiculous

Yep, but English subtitles are more a tool to translate them into Spanish; the main goal is to provide the Spanish version :D.

Sorry, didn't notice "Liege" on your location :P, I should have said "French speakers" instead :D. (BTW I lived in Wallonie -Mons- for 5 months :) )

I agree with you ;-)

Nice to see Belgian living people here ^^

i have sent them also a "love" email - i forced myself to be still polite with them and got that almost automated reply that was already shown in this thread
i wonder- when will they accept to comply?
' cause -if no subtitles here - there will be any subtitles on their site either
i heartly hope they aren't totally morons
dixit :P

<br />i`m just wondering, what are you doing here if you can watch without subtitles?<br />
&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;<br /><br />Telling you how lame you are with this &quot;strike&quot;. You can delete my account here, this was it's only purpose. They steal a subtitle, so what ? They steal food or money away from your kids ? I'm a translator too in my country and I'm not so emo when people steal my work. I posted it on the internet, it's public property. If they are shameless and delete the credits, then it is their shame, not mine. Now, take your toys and go cry in a corner because Timmy stole your sand bucket.
  • Like 2

&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;<br /><br />Telling you how lame you are with this &quot;strike&quot;. You can delete my account here, this was it's only purpose. They steal a subtitle, so what ? They steal food or money away from your kids ? I'm a translator too in my country and I'm not so emo when people steal my work. I posted it on the internet, it's public property. If they are shameless and delete the credits, then it is their shame, not mine. Now, take your toys and go cry in a corner because Timmy stole your sand bucket.

But it's still frustrating ! However it's a complicated things to handle :)

And why don't you check instead of accepting a lye?

I'm saying that those who upload translations from addic7ed, are those who translates here!!! At least that's what I saw in series like House MD, and Dexter.

On the last episode of House MD I took the work to insert the lines from the beginning scene, and someone else took that data to improve another translation... and I didn't got mad because of it... it's ridiculous

Look, another liar: http://www.foroseries.com/comunicados-oficiales/480-postura-oficial-ante-las-falsas-acusaciones-realizadas-contra-esta-comunidad-6.html#post4943
Funny how everyone lies, right?

Who said ALL of the subtitles have the credits removed?
It's about the subtitles that do, the translations that were stolen "line by line" (and that was even pointed out by a user a couple of posts above) and about the fact that, when we report such things to *the other website* we get no answer.

What's so hard to understand, supeindesu?

Besides that, what's the thing with Gabriel not even saying "addic7ed" ... he names us "the other website". That's the first clue right there..

I always find more interesting naming for example "the other website" instead of Addi7ed, is like it gives you an aura of power or something like that. I think it's a fail attempt to prevent the people of knowing you, but in the end it's like inviting then to investigate who the mysterious we is.

After that I came to addi7ed, and I really feel like being at home. Thanks.

Same here..but a little different^^

I started german translations on Addic7ed, because the german sites seem so slow:

Saying in German is "Zuviele Köche verderben den Brei" (Too many cooks spoil the broth)^^, time-intensive etc.

I hope this will end soon, the whole situation and reactions have become a far too big,

Possible solutions are given a lot, from becoming an "only invite"-site to different spelling or

putting wrong spellings in the subs..my suggestion is only allowing downloading subs to registered members.

A lot of addic7s have shown her support, I can`t remember the last time there have been so much users

in this forum at the same time^^, and I think, Gabriel`s e-mail-address is bursting because of the lots of

angry and really pissed addic7ed-users

But where should this all end? 

How many more  bad reputation points will be given to supeindesu and his bunch of trollz? 

@team of Addic7ed, you know, WHO you are, so let`s say wtf is subtitulos.es and his incompetent admin?

The point is, `though most of addic7ed-users understand your decision and support it, how long will they do?

It´s a little bit playing with your own good reputation, and I don`t think, that you wanna play with it;)

So please. let`s find a solution.

Love and respect, ho3lly

@alex28 I understand that this isn't something that happened once, or one time, and that addic7ed has made multiple attempts to resolve the issue.

My point is that because what Gabriel, the subtitulos.es administrator does or doesn't do is not something that addic7ed can control, it's not a situation where both parties can sit down and work out a solution because only one party has any interest in working it out.

Only one party wants something from the other, and they have nothing that the other party wants.

For that reason, the choices addic7ed makes automatically default to what they want.

@honeybunny Certainly, according to my personal opinion, my values, etc, as I said in my original post - the only thing you are asking for is beyond rational, it's just common decency.

And from what you have told us, addic7ed has been nothing but reasonable. You have tried six ways from Sunday to engage Gabriel in dialogue, to reach an agreement, achieve resolution, and his response has been not only uncooperative, but discourteous.

But that is my own personal opinion, my subjective view.

The reality, the bottom line, is not about subjective opinions, of who is being reasonable and who is not, what behavior is decent or courteous and what is not.

You want something, Gabriel doesn't want to give it to you, and you have nothing that he wants with which to negotiate.

So when we remove all the opinions and values and subjective views, it boils down to - addic7ed.

Because you have nothing he wants, because he could care less whether you release subtitles or not, Gabriel has effectively erased himself from the situation. He might as well not even exist.

There's no one at the negotiating table but addic7ed. Alone.

Now I am not going to come in here and tell people who have been dedicating themselves to providing a service to the public, free of charge, what they "should" or "shouldn't" do.

Back to my personal opinion - Neither I nor anyone else has the right to do that, nor would it even be appropriate or polite.

That would be like going to someone who has been giving you money - just as a gift - every month for several years and telling them that they "should" keep sending those checks even though the local TV station didn't put them on the list of Community Philanthropists, or even though your landlord, to whom you passed the money along, never thanks your benefactor or acknowledges that if it were not for her generosity, he wouldn't have a tenant for that crummy apartment. :)

What I AM telling you is that whether you continue to release subtitles or not can't be about what you want from Gabriel, because for the purposes of your rational decision-making, he doesn't exist - your decision only be about what you want for yourself - and for all the people in the world who aren't Gabriel!

• Like 2

I always find more interesting naming for example "the other website" instead of Addi7ed, is like it gives you an aura of power or something like that. I think it's a fail attempt to prevent the people of knowing you, but in the end it's like inviting then to investigate who the mysterious we is.

actually it reminds me of Lord Voldemort from Harry Potter :P
  • Like 1

@alex28, I think in the end you're all saying the same. You can find legal people doing their own translations and always keeping credits, or just morons doing copy/paste to look like translators. Despicable, as someone said, but real. The only solution relies on working on preventing this kind of users and we all hope it will be easier with the new web. It looks crystal clear to me that is too much work for a single person, and (and I'm not justifying it) the reason why Gabriel hasn't been taking care of this matters. Again, let's cross our fingers and hope the new system will solve this out.

Edit:

Lol'ed hard, but tell me you're not serious about the "attempt of prevent the pople of knowing you" part, addic7ed is all over subtitulos.es website right now :)

@alex28, I think in the end you're all saying the same. You can find legal people doing their own translations and always keeping credits, or just morons doing copy/paste to look like translators. Despicable, as someone said, but real. The only solution relies on working on preventing this kind of users and we all hope it will be easier with the new web. It looks crystal clear to me that is too much work for a single person, and (and I'm not justifying it) the reason why Gabriel hasn't been taking care of this matters. Again, let's cross our fingers and hope the new system will solve this out.

truth is, i`m not blaming the users.. since there are some users that think that's the house rule: to remove credits when uploading on a website. Any credits, any website.
But it's our duty (the moderators) to teach those users that's wrong.

It's just that, some moderators do their work, some don't (well, there's only 1 staff member there so..). However, you're right :-)