Subtitles Stopped

honeybunny

not really my area, but: subtitle workshop saves file in ansi, site is unicode, and db coallition is who-knows. a lot of place for errors.
this is how it looks for croatian language:"
Pogrije?ili smo. ?ao mi je.
Evo, prere?ite mi ru?ni zglob."

Can you give me an URL?

Changing the world. One subtitle at a time.

Hmm, it's *as it should* for me and 2 other people i asked to test.
Are you sure the problem isn't on your side?

What operating system are you using? What browser are you using?

I've tested with Windows 7 running Firefox 3.6 and it's fine.
I downloaded the subtitle, opened in notepad and it's fine.

(screenshot of view and edit page: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6885487/Viewing%20Ancient%20Aliens%20-%2002x02%20-%20Gods%20%26%20Aliens%20-%20Addic7ed.com%20-%20Quality%20subtitles_1290205306154.png)

I have made an English subtitle myself using an italian subtitle and Fringepedia. Thousands of people are waiting for the subtitle, but you let your supporters down because of some other guys we even don't know. People love you because of your subtitles.

Here is the English Subs: http://files.thedewi...TV.XviD-LOL.zip

You're not the only one who could do this. Do not threaten 'us' with your subtitles.

• Like 2

After all and despite her hard work, she uses copyrighted material that she doesn't own.
so that makes it all right to steal her credits, uh? well, this is NOT the Venus project and a resource based economy, so it doesnt make it all right. If honeybunny was paid for subbing, he/she wouldnt/shouldnt care about it. But honeybunny offers it for free. and it's a matter of morality to be compensated in fame.

Well, Morality. That's the point here, neolibertarian economy has no morality. And it's followers have none too, but ask for it when it fits them. Well, soon all of you neolibertarians will only be getting a bullet in the head.

sorry for my lousy English,I'm from Egypt The English is not my first Language,any way, i just sign up To Tell The admin's of Addic7ed.com That This is The internet you can't stop every one from stealing any thing The Episodes That we Translating it To Arabic or English or any other Language is Stolen ,any way i hope That you can find Solution soon Because a lot of Arabic sites stopped showing lots of serials because of this problem.
Believe me, I know the kind of people That you are talking about until you find a solution
Thay will never stop,Tried to making a program or something with it you can protect your rights
Because this problem is happening also with us in Arabic translations
There are always people who are stealing the efforts of others
Thank you to all The Admins of this Site for your really hard and Nice work
my best Wishes.

because mr wiseguy, if you even cared to read the 1st page of this thread, they take english subs, remove credits, put their own and then translate with crappy online translators. Cutting up their source will bring them on their knees.

edit: It's a tottally different thing to host even some crappy subs (cause people are sheep and they will sooner or later accept this), than not hosting any subs at all.

what you say dont make any fucking sense, why would they have to put addicted credits on shitty translation? i, for one, would not be happy to see my name on a crappy version of my work.

its like saying: "look, our competition makes a shitty version of our product, lets get on strike till they put our name on their crap"

so that makes it all right to steal her credits, uh? well, this is NOT the Venus project and a resource based economy, so it doesnt make it all right. If honeybunny was paid for subbing, he/she wouldnt/shouldnt care about it. But honeybunny offers it for free. and it's a matter of morality to be compensated in fame.

Well, Morality. That's the point here, neolibertarian economy has no morality. And it's followers have none too, but ask for it when it fits them. Well, soon all of you neolibertarians will only be getting a bullet in the head.

Some people don't understand we don't want credit for the subtitles, but for the work we do on the files.
Apparently 20 forum pages aren't enough.

@gosu: we were not asking for our name in their translations.. we are asking for our name in our English files they upload and remove our credits from.
  • Like 1

Ohh, now you are mr wiseguy and 1st page has the absolutelly true about the whole issue.

What do you KNOW?

I dont blame you. It's a revolutionary technique called "cross referencing".
  • Like 1

Hmm, it's *as it should* for me and 2 other people i asked to test.
Are you sure the problem isn't on your side?

it can be, like i said, i'm no expert on those encoding stuff :)

Windows xp sp3 with croatian language pack, Firefox 3.6 with unicode-8 encoding.
before upload files look ok on my computer and on standalone dvd player, after download they have missing characters.

i remembered that you had problems with other language encodings, so i thought there is nothing to be done about it...and it's possiblly that problem was on my side :facepalm: :)

http://translate.goo...s-da-verguenza/

Transalete in ingles for Episodiopiloto.com

Vos me das vergüenza, venís a hacer leña del árbol caído, haciendo spam de tu sitio. Tenés tan poca idea que usas el traductor de google.

You embarrase me, when the tree is fallen, every man goes to it with his hatchet, that's what you're doing. You're so lame that you have to use google translator

addic7ed pull remarkable stuff but they're not unexpendable. subtitulos just make translations for Spanish-speaking people and neither their users or staff give a damn about this childish situation. I have lots of respect for honeybunny's work, but I would certainly match his output if I was paid properly. Since she chooses to do it for free and share it on the internet she should expected it to be used credited and uncredited. After all and despite her hard work, she uses copyrighted material that she doesn't own.

Aren't you a saint...

bunnyblog.png

facebook.png

it can be, like i said, i'm no expert on those encoding stuff :)

Windows xp sp3 with croatian language pack, Firefox 3.6 with unicode-8 encoding.
before upload files look ok on my computer and on standalone dvd player, after download they have missing characters.

i remembered that you had problems with other language encodings, so i thought there is nothing to be done about it...and it's possiblly that problem was on my side :facepalm: :)

no worries. However, if you could ask a friend to check i'd be glad to hear the feedback we'll get :-)

Some people don't understand we don't want credit for the subtitles, but for the work we do on the files.
Apparently 20 forum pages aren't enough.

@gosu: we were not asking for our name in their translations.. we are asking for our name in our English files they upload and remove our credits from.

Apparently a hundred forum pages, or two hundred for that matter, aren't enough for some people. Ignore them long enough and eventually they'll go away, leaving the discussion to those who actually try to do achieve something constructive. Some people are just impossible to please, or understand. Let them play in their own corner.

I'm sad. And do you know why I'm sad ? Because I've never seen so much disrespect in one thread.

I cannot believe that some people are actually making demands ! Who are you to make demands ? Who the hell are you to criticize Addic7ed "strike" ?
Do you have a least any idea about the amount of work needed to built a subtitle ?

Subbers are subbing on their free time, because they like it, and because they want to make YOU happy ! And still you're complaining ! Until today, subbers never asked anything to their fans, and now that they are asking for one thing, one small thing, some respect for their work (which they fully deserve), you're spiting on them ?!!

I understand you want to watch your episodes. Well, guess what ? Everyone does ! But instead of crying you should remember that you wouldn't have been able to watch TV series in the first place if Addic7ed didn't exist !

So PLEASE, show some respect to the people enabling us to enjoy our favorite shows; and trust me, you won't be dead if you don't watch any episode for a few days ... just think that your pleasure will even be greater when (if) the subs will be published ;)

• Like 4

what you say dont make any fucking sense, why would they have to put addicted credits on shitty translation? i, for one, would not be happy to see my name on a crappy version of my work.

its like saying: "look, our competition makes a shitty version of our product, lets get on strike till they put our name on their crap"

logic for kindergarden graduates:

Addicted produces QUALITY Spanish subs.
Addicted produces QUALITY English subs.

Subtitlos steals QUALITY Spanish subs.
Subtitlos outputs QUALITY Spanish subs.
Subtitlos visitors happy.

Addicted has a problem with subtitlos. Solution:
> Addicted stops QUALITY Spanish subs.
> Subtitlos stops stealing QUALITY Spanish subs.
> Subtitlos stops ouput QUALITY Spanish subs.
> Subtitlos visitors unhappy.

Subtitlos has a problem with Addicted. Solution:
> Subtitlos steals QUALITY English subs.
> Subtitlos converts QUALITY English subs.
> Subtitlos outputs CRAPPY Spanish subs.
> Subtitlos visitors compromise.
> Subtitlos visitors happy.

Addicted has a problem with Subtitlos. Solution:
> Addicted stops QUALITY English subs.
> Subtitlos stops stealing QUALITY English subs.
> Subtitlos stops converting QUALITY English subs.
> Subtitlos stops ouput CRAPPY Spanish subs.
> Subtitlos visitors unhappy.

Subtitlos visitors have a problem with Subtitlos. Solution:
> Subtitlos visitors have neither QUALITY Spanish subs nor CRAPPY Spanish subs.
> Subtitlos visitors whine to Subtitlos.
> Subtitlos visitors stop visiting Subtitlos.

Subtitlos has a problem Subtitlos visitors. Solution:
> Subtitlos compromises with Addicted.
Problem solved.

check this video: http://www.mediavida.com/foro/82/addic7ed-parara-sus-releases-400667/5#125

nice video :lol:

Like he said they'll take the english subs and most of the time keep the credits intact, but once they translate it they remove all mention of addic7ed and he thinks that's ok. When it's not ok and the only subs people are downloading there are the spanish subs which no longer than the credits intact and he knows it.