Subtitle Edit (open source subtitle editor)

Nikse

Anyway, till now is working, but I noticed something else: some of user saved names or words as well, are gone after overwriting just some files from SE 3.2 (I mean, I didn't copy the user dictionary from SE3.2, I choose to keep my "old" one, but seems somehow, some words, names are just vanished :) ).

Hi doc!

Well, I think SE works best with a clean install.
Actually I think the ocr replace list has been changed slightly, so new versions are needed.
The user dictionary however, should be okay to keep.
Also, feel free to mail me new names to the names/noice word list ;)

Just wondering if there's any way to import subtitles from Apple's .m4v files? I have not found any programs which do this, so I wondered if by using OCR a future version of SE could do it?

I would like to add support for this... if I can find info about the m4v format + some time :)

I would like to add support for this... if I can find info about the m4v format + some time :)

one suggestion: can single letters (except a and I) be considered misspelled words in spell check?

Thanks.

bunnyblog.png

facebook.png

Another sugestion :) : could be two letters names to be added at names list? :)
I mean, I've tried to add Jo (an example), but when I used Change Casing option, the return wasn't that I was expected for (still jo) :) .

doc.

103iruh.gif

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do!

IMPORTANT LINK:

one suggestion: can single letters (except a and I) be considered misspelled words in spell check?

Hunspell (spell check engine) says single letters are spelled correctly, but it should be possible to fix (after 3.2) which should be out very soon.

Another sugestion :) : could be two letters names to be added at names list? :)
I mean, I've tried to add Jo (an example), but when I used Change Casing option, the return wasn't that I was expected for (still jo) :) .

Yes, that's a bug and should be fixed here: http://www.nikse.dk/SubtitleEdit.zip

Just wondering if there's any way to import subtitles from Apple's .m4v files? I have not found any programs which do this, so I wondered if by using OCR a future version of SE could do it?

I've tried to add support for text subtitles in m4v files here: http://www.nikse.dk/SubtitleEdit.zip
(Go to File -> open, choose all file types *.* and choose an m4v file)

Does m4v files also come with image based subtitles (vobsub/blu-ray)?
How do I make them or do you have sample files?

• 2 weeks later...

Subtitle Edit 3.2 is now out :)
http://code.google.com/p/subtitleedit/downloads/list

Change log:
NEW: Can now display spectrogram (and/or waveform)
NEW: Subtitle formats: D-Cinema, Cavena890, Timed Text 1.0, Captionate, Flash xml, YouTube annotations and more
NEW: Most important shortcuts in Options -> Settings
NEW: Export bdn-xml/images + import/ocr bdn-xml/images
NEW: Added "Point sync via other subtitle" (thx ioannis)
NEW: Tools -> Make empty translation from current subtitle (thx vmb)
NEW: Tools -> Show original text in audio/video previews (thx vmb)
NEW: Command line conversion between subtitle formats(Example: subtitleedit /convert *.srt microdvd - thx Carl)
NEW: Subtitle preview font size (below video player) is now available inOptions -> Settings
NEW: Edit -> Select all
NEW: List view context menu: Copy as text to clipboard (you can also use ctrl+c/ctrl+v)
NEW: Text box context menu -> Split line at cursor position (thx DrJackson)
NEW: Import+ocr of blu-ray sup files inside matroska files
NEW: Import subtitles from mp4/mv4 files
NEW: Now remembers undocked controls pos/size
NEW: Customizable shortcut for Adjust mode: Set current subtitle end time at video pos, keep duration, and go to next sub (Shift+End, thx Bavo)
IMPROVED: OCR unknown words highlighting now works better (thx sialivi)
IMPROVED: OCR image compare UI improved with "Edit last char" and much more (thx Zoltan)
IMPROVED: OCR image compare: Compare more effective + word breaking improved
IMPROVED: Merge short lines can now also merge lines ending with ".", "?", or "!" (optional)
IMPROVED: Can now read Adobe Encore files starting with line numbers (thx Pier)
IMPROVED: Advanced Sub Station Alpha (and SSA) now keeps original styles (thx Rebecca)
IMPROVED: Improved Remove text for HI (thx sialivi/aMvEL)
IMPROVED: Undo now also works for original subtitle (thx Trottel)
FIXED: Adjust all times did not work for MicroDvd (thx Wolf)
FIXED: Fixed a bug in VobSub parser which could cause scrabbled images
FIXED: Fixed a bug in VobSub parser so it no longer ignores custom background color
FIXED: Fixed too much cropping for VobSub pictures
FIXED: Now removes empty Unicode white spaces from Google translate
FIXED: Crash when entering invalid text in source view (thx Frédéric)
FIXED: Fixed a few bugs in DVD Architect format + added another two new variants (thx Jacob)
FIXED: Fixed incorrect line-break in Microsoft Translate in last part of sub (thx Jacob)
FIXED: Fixed incorrect undo when working with waveform (thx Trottel/vmb)

• Like 3

Thanks Nik, your work is very appreciated (by me, at least :) )

doc.

103iruh.gif

IMPORTANT LINK:

Damn, you have to let us know when you are intending to release a new version.

Well, I guess that what I will tell you now, will be for 3.3 :D

1. When I choose "Tools-Change Casing-Fix only names", a list with all that is wrong it is shown.
But, because some people has decided to name themselfs as "Wood", "Cliff", "Hill", "Hope", etc, etc, etc, IF I have a line like "I hope to meet Hope", if I deselect "hope" as name for correction, all lines where "hope" is in there, are deselected too.

So, I strongly suggest :) that that deselect option to can be done for every single line. :)

2. As correctors, we must in most case to add dashes at the beggining of some sentence.

But, as a lazy correctors :) , can we have a right click mouse option, to automaticaly add the necessary dashes to these sentences?

Ex:

Before:
It is not over.
It's over.

And, after a proudly use of the right click mouse option, to have:
- It is not over.
- It's over.

:D

What do you say about? :)

doc.

103iruh.gif

IMPORTANT LINK:

OK, I've tried to add this here: http://www.nikse.dk/SubtitleEdit.zip

Edit: You can add exceptions to names list or user dictionary

Hi doc!

1. When I choose "Tools-Change Casing-Fix only names", a list with all that is wrong it is shown.
But, because some people has decided to name themselfs as "Wood", "Cliff", "Hill", "Hope", etc, etc, etc, IF I have a line like "I hope to meet Hope", if I deselect "hope" as name for correction, all lines where "hope" is in there, are deselected too.

So, I strongly suggest :) that that deselect option to can be done for every single line. :)

In the lower listview you can uncheck the apply check box - this way you can deselect single lines.
Hint - if you select a line (name) in the top list view, all lines in the lower listview containing that name will be selected (so it's easier to see where it's used)

2. As correctors, we must in most case to add dashes at the beggining of some sentence.
But, as a lazy correctors :) , can we have a right click mouse option, to automaticaly add the necessary dashes to these sentences?

I'm lazy too so I've just added a configurable shortcut for "toggle dialogue dashes". The default shortcut might be ctrl+alt+shift+D...

http://www.nikse.dk/SubtitleEdit.zip
  • Like 3

In the lower listview you can uncheck the apply check box - this way you can deselect single lines.
Hint - if you select a line (name) in the top list view, all lines in the lower listview containing that name will be selected (so it's easier to see where it's used)

I cant deselect a single line, if I try that, it deselect ALL lines where that name are.
Í don't know, maybe my PC has some strange ways to work, but it doesn't work like you said.

I'm lazy too so I've just added a configurable shortcut for "toggle dialogue dashes". The default shortcut might be ctrl+alt+shift+D...

HE, HE, HE, you made my day :D

BTW it's just "D", right? Not "Del" ? :D

Many thanks!

doc.

103iruh.gif

IMPORTANT LINK:

Great improvements. Thanks a lot. I use your program daily :)

:) :) :)

I cant deselect a single line, if I try that, it deselect ALL lines where that name are.
Í don't know, maybe my PC has some strange ways to work, but it doesn't work like you said.

It might be a bug, but it is the lower checkbox'es you are talking about, right?
SeFixNames.png

That's correct! (damn, the site is so slow today).

That is what I was talking about, when I deselect a box from the line found, all lines with that word will be deselected too, also the Name checkbox.

doc.

103iruh.gif

IMPORTANT LINK:

That's correct! (damn, the site is so slow today).

That is what I was talking about, when I deselect a box from the line found, all lines with that word will be deselected too, also the Name checkbox.

He, yes. That works a bit funny :blink: : When several lines are selected, then all selected lines will be checked/unchecked when you check/uncheck just one... the tricks is to make sure only one line is selected.
Did that solve it?

(Latest version now shows number of selected lines via label in bottom of the window: http://www.nikse.dk/SubtitleEdit.zip)
  • Like 2

It's working.:) Thanks.

But, this latest update doesn't have also that Ctrl+Shift+Alt+D option?

doc.

103iruh.gif

IMPORTANT LINK: