Subtitles Stopped

honeybunny

actually, when you think about it, real persons to blame are scene release groups. they capture stream, extracting subs from is trivial, and yet they never do that in costant race to be first. they started ripping subs from dvd releases and including it in their scene releases, but it's long way toward tv-shows. so, if you wanna be angry at someone, be at people from lol, fever, pow4, bia...and so.

other way to look at this situation is from transcript's pow. addic7ed have good and organised system of getting 'em, and because of laziness of all us others, they have become almost monopolists. and, as is seen right now, they can use that lever.
but, unlike them, who keep their sources to themselves, few people worked hard to make transcripts for uk shows available to everyone. maybe thet's the way to go, alex? release transcripts! do not water board them!
:))

Some times it's just a matter of principles. If you're unhappy with what they're doing, then go find your subs somewhere else, even if it's just for a (hopefully) short time,. but please have some respect for all who believe in this. Like it's said, they're not trying to put anyone out of business. And it really shouldn't be that hard to give credit to those who do the work!

• Like 1

What bothers me is that people are behaving like addicted is obligated to post the subs for them. Guess what - they are not. They do this voluntarily and for free therefore if they wish they can stop doing it today and none of us can do a damn thing about it.

As for the subtitulos, maybe forcing them to find other sources is the solution to the problem - therefore stopping the releases was the best action possible... ;)

• Like 1

I just wanted to say that I fully understand why Addic7ed is on strike and I think they are right to do so.
They're kind enough to spend a lot of time producing those great subs and in return, they're not asking for much : only their work to be acknoledged. So, it's really wrong and petty to steal their work by removing the credits.

As a regular visitor of Addic7ed, I really miss their subs but I'll wait as long as necessary.
Many, many thanks Addic7ed.

• Like 1

It's like when our friend have been robbed and some of us are not willing to help, even worse, some of us just say "you can't beat the bad guy, just continue your hard work and give me some money you still have left". That's not cool.

You may think that your graphic have been stolen too. But I bet the theft does not stolen every piece of your work everyday and shamelessly deny any responsibility. you put yourself in their shoes but you DID NOT try run a few miles in their shoes.

I fully support this strike. Maybe weeks, months (hopefully not). I can live with no subtitle for a few weeks. (TV this year are quite boring anyway) But if we don't do something and noone else want to do sub anymore bacause the bad guy always steal, that I can't stand.

If you say someone will stepup and do the job, I really doubt that. We all know that all other site heavily rely on Addic7ed. Today's lack of sub is alreay the proof.

For Addic7ed team, I can't thank you enough for your hard work.

• Like 1

[..]
well, it's about honesty and respect between thieves, but as we all know, there is no such thing as honour of thieves :P
[..]

Who are the thieves?
Or, your words come out faster than your thoughts?
  • Like 1

103iruh.gif

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do!

IMPORTANT LINK:

I'm sure there are a lot of us who will wait as long as it takes, and support whatever actions are taken to set things straight. Denying people credit for their (imo great) work is just too lame, and shows great disrespect.

First of all, I'm Spanish. I understand english but i don't write it a lot, so sorry if I make mistakes.

I have tranlate in subtitulos.es tons of times in my favorite shows. I'm not a friend of the administrator, I don't have any economic interest or any real conection to the website. I only do it because i want, i can and i have several friends who can't understand shows without subtitles (english level in Spain is middle-low).

No, I never removed any acreditations. In fact, 99.99% (magic number today, i guess) of people never did. But, you know, in sites with douzens of people there always are several people spoilig it all, maybe because they ignored, maybe because the are idiots. Anyway, this is so unfair to the rest of us. We don't want any credits, we respect your work and the only thing we want is help spanish and latinamerican people. You only have to use subtitulos.es searcher to see the are houndreds of credited subtitles of addic7ed or search "honeybunny" to see tons of messages saying "Thanks to honeybunny". The main amount of people respects you a lot, that means nothing to you?

In fact, i have seen tons of trolls in subtitles.es last month and all we know who they where from. I didn't really care, but it was not the best attitude to solve things.

I don't see how this strike can help. I mean, I can see the point: They took your credits, you make big publicity today by crapping us. Subtitulos.es is located in a site that imposibilite the use of moderators. Now we kwon that a new subtitulos.es site with moderation posibilities is been made since weeks ago. It makes time. All of us, the ones that respect your work, don't want this situation at all and we are going to do all that we can for stopping it.

I hope this some people in subtitulos.es reconsider deleting your credits, and I hope addic7ed reconsider this absurd strike. Stop being so inmature you both, start thinking in people who really needs subtitles and stop thinking in your ego. This is about sharing and enjoying shows, not about who owns what.

Why don't some users from addic7ed try to get them to have some technical difficulties? ham*DDOS*ham
know what im sayin?

seriously, just a little offline time, and they'll learn

I don't want subs with restrictions, conditions or whatever other crap... this is internet, if you want things like "property rights" applied to subs go to the WTO and luck with that.

I support this shut down, I mean, I'll never accept this kind of "copyright" that you are trying to establish, and a temporal stop (or an end) from groups with that policy is a victory, always.

A remark, I'm against the conceptions behind this strike, not against people. I'm not going to use spam, mailbombing or any other form of pressions and strength(against enemies and followers) to change your mind.

I don't want subs with restrictions, conditions or whatever other crap... this is internet, if you want things like "property rights" applied to subs go to the WTO and luck with that.

I support this shut down, I mean, I'll never accept this kind of "copyright" that you are trying to establish, and a temporal stop (or an end) from groups with that policy is a victory, always.

A remark, I'm against the conceptions behind this strike, not against people. I'm not going to use spam, mailbombing or any other form of pressions and strength(against enemies and followers) to change your mind.

People here work on their on free time to provide you these, and you can't even say thanks and give credit to them for doing it? Damn, it costs nothing to say "Sub made by XXXXXXXX, thank you XXXXXXX". That's all that takes...

ahem**DDOS**ahem**they deserve it***ahem
  • Like 1

There is no copyright we're trying to protect here. The only thing we protect is the work we did and do. We do not credit the actual subtitle, but the work we did for it. The transcript and everything else is the product of the respective TV network.

@ trololo: why is the use of moderators impossible? Subtitulos.es is using the same script Addic7ed is (wikisubtitles). We have moderators and they do their job. Trust me, it's possible.

Changing the world. One subtitle at a time.

Damn, and I just registered!

Anyway, I totally understand your decision.

Has anyone tried posting (bogus) subtitles on their site?  It seems to me, if they are so quick in copying, they don't have the time to read a full sub so it should be easy to sneak in some nice comments halfway; thus bringing awareness to their users...  dry.gif

Thumbs up, and a special thanks to the bunny,

if I see your name, I know the stuff is good.

• Like 1

You can get it here: http://www.tvsubtitl...show-204-3.html

But subtitles from addic7ed is much better, no doubt

That's a joke of a sub... I would gess is an english translation from another language, it feels like some one tried to make a sub out of a game of "Chinese whispers" laugh.gif

BTW I don't think retaliation is the solution. Not at all. What are we? 5th graders? I can't stop blushing when i read comments proposing DDoS or other BS. Let's wait a couple days until the storm dies down and the admins manage to talk and figure it out.

Keep up the good work ppl! If we gotta wait, we wait.
Greetings from Spain.
  • Like 1

He replied and closed the topic.. so i can't reply there (and he asks why i called him a nazi.. )
Yey for freedom of speech!

http://www.foroserie...4.html#post5031

Hi there - I just registered for this.

I now read many posts here and many posts on subtitulos.es to see both sides. I think what we have here is part misunderstanding, part too much emotions and part black sheep. I really am curious if you really called hin a nazi because with accusations/remarks like that (don't know what he said before) it is not surprising that there is no logical discussion possible. It seems to me that Gabriel wants to protect the users from his site and he really says that he will do something against stealing if you can give him specific examples. Why he didn't respond to your e-Mails I don't know but he DID respond in the forum did't he?

I think the only reason is to stop seeing things so emotional (I mean both sides) and start discussing without swear words and accusations - maybe iot woul be a possible solution to first apologize for whatever was said in the past (mediocre site, users from spain) and the Mails some enraged subtitle fans might have sent to subtitulos.es. Violence is not a solution and the spanish users at subtitulos I am sure are not different from the people here at addic7ed - we all want the same: quality subtitles don't let some few users destroy that. Cool down and talk :)

And to all of Addic7ed - great work you do here, you have my respect and my grattitude (of course the same respect to the good people at subtitulos.es, I'm sure you do great work, too - but unfortunately I don't speak spanish so I usually get my subs from here and niot from your site).

Hope it is understandable what I am trying to say - my english is not so good (can read it but don't speak it so well ;))

He replied to the forum... but he closed the thread so i couldn't reply back. I wouldn't call that an actual reply.
He didn't answer my emails before this whole thing, emails where i tried telling him about his users he should moderate.
If i close the thread now, how would you feel? Also, how would you feel if you came here to tell me honeybunny is stealing your subtitles, and my response would be to ban you?

Here's the proof: http://dl.dropbox.co...87/addic7ed.rar
And it's not the only case. There's no more proof i can show to make things clear :-).

Changing the world. One subtitle at a time.

It's funny i noticed this bad stuff happens right when suddenly the "chip-in donation widget" pass from 500$ to 2500$...
And even more funny, since this stuff began, the donation went from like 3% to 25% in a matter of days...
So all in all, bein' oppressive, greedy & bitchy seems to pay off .

I'm laughin at all those who say they "understand & support" this childish quarrel, i use addic7ed since years & i never even subscribed, i watch A LOT of medias & frankly, i never gave much attention to the subbin-teams, never wrote a ty, thought it, but never felt it was "needed"... I know it's "work", but no1 is forcing any1 to do anything, also it's supposed to b a free thing, & when u giv something free, it's lame to bitch about what is done to or with it.

U say u want ur credits respected, but seriously, get out of ur freakin bubble, compare the number of downloads of any subtitles with the number of "ty" comments... its often 3/5000 or something, & u know what this does mean ? that almost no1 gives a crap about subbing teams, period. U do ur thing, good, u don't, we'll learn english & other languages too.

U must b very godless to attach so much importance to "credits", God only know the true work yall do & he only allows rewards & charisma to b driven upon the deserving, sounding like a bunch of rich industrials worried by counterfeiting of their brand... is pathetic, just innovate & dont make everyone pay the price. What do u want ? that every morning we sing praises to Addic7ed & the best uploaders ? this is really bullshit.

I understand that an "artist" when he sees his work stolen, plagiarized, can b upset quite hysterically, but english transcripts of ripped media, with sort of an universal sync, aren't "art", they just universal voice-2-text + timing. Hav u never used a transcript from a well-known chinese site to make an addic7ed sub or translation & never mentioned the source in it ? Yet u don't see chinese shuttin down their sub factories for petty hurted-pride motives.

One site, a handful of ppl providing quality subs to a multitude, & instead of feeling blessed, of sharing their knowledge & uniting for the best, they decide to deprive the multitude of what it made them addic7ed to... then multiply by 5 their "global functioning costs" ... blackmail any? no? i'm paranoiadizing again ? sry then yall.
I'll wait for a real wikipedia-like subbing site, able to gather the resources instead of wantin to hurt & drain' em (i'm talkin human resources , u, me , yea) or for google voice-2-closed-captions Engine to b operational, then yall can shove ur dreams of grandeur up where yall know. Losers.