Subtitles Stopped

honeybunny

Do you really think we are stupid enough to harm subtitulos in any way... NOW? If we wanted to do stuff we could have done it before going public with this whole think.

Please, run an IQ test.

Changing the world. One subtitle at a time.

I hope those guys in subtitulos.es think better and stop stealing work from other people, even their translations isn't that good.

Anyway i hope this situation gets fixed soon, because you guys have the best subtitles around.

• Like 1

nah!
first time on a forum despite those things
well you feel powerfull shut down addic7ed and do something with your life ********

but remember before and after you there will be always others that is the beauty of internet so stuff it

nah!
well you feel powerfull shut down addic7ed and do something with your life ********

but remember before and after you there will be always others that is the beauty of internet so stuff it

the beauty of the internet is that you can learn almost anything. Try learning English, it makes it hard for me to understand yours.
I never said Addic7ed is irreplaceable.
Stop swearing since it's not cool and you don't impress anyone (nor scare).
  • Like 1

nah!

But try to get another subs with the same quality and the fast speed these guys put. not anybody have the time, patience and decdication it takes to have the amount of subs addic7ed put everyday. Imagine if you build something you spend days putting together and then someone stole and claim is their creation.
  • Like 1

As a long time user of addic7ed.com subtitles I was surprised to see the message this morning, however I do understand why you took this step. But I don't think you'll get another reaction out of Gabriel... Certainly not after his last message...

(@wiggle46: denk niet dat je commentaar veel invloed heeft, ik zou toch proberen om het wat vriendelijker aan te pakken)

And maybe you can't read properly. You should read my message again. I did put myself in their shoes, I actually am in their shoes even though what I make is not subtitles but graphics. I have stuff stealen from me quite regularly, people not giving credit to my graphics when they use them. I get angry about it but I don't stop making my graphics, punishing people who actually like my graphic and give me proper credit.

In my opinion, ultimately credit isn't such a huge deal: I do graphics because I like to and because I like to share with people who don't. If they credit, I'm happy. If they don't, I'm annoyed but I don't punish everyone. That's all. Again, I do understand their feelings, it's the action they chose to express them that I don't agree with. And again, it's useless. People will keep stealing subtitles as long as subtitles are online.

what an ignorant person (or moron)
you clearly dont put yourself in their shoes

you cant compare apples to oranges, in their lines of work, where its easy to copy paste and hard to get credit, their satisfaction comes from knowing that their hard works are acknowledged,
unlike yours, where ppl could actually appreciate it, regardless its trademarked or not, whether you claim its yours or not.

if you rob them off from the acknowledgements, what more could they get?
They need motivations to do their job, and this derails them from doing it.
AND this is clearly a case of robbing in daylight.

Dont tell me youre thinking somewhere along this line "Oh, looky.my works got ripped off by that guy just over there.But nvm, Im still happy, cos ppl still could watch their favorite shows subbed"

If you are, youre some kind of ball-less pussy, a pushover floormat who lives with your mother under the basement.
Its their rights, its your business if you dont exercise yours.

In case youre not catching up, its the ones that are noticeable(the case with subtitulos.es) are the ones they could and should do something about, cos its the online world.

Maybe it's time to pause, to allow righteous indignation to subside, and to think about resolution.

wise words, old one. i hope that your younger padawans will hear you...but we all know how strong is the pull of dark side and negative emotions...especially with female bunnies and spanish flies :)

nah!

Wow.
Seriously. Wow.

They're doing it for free Man !
If you can't fully understand the method (I don't for exemple but it's their choice, it's their work after all), you can understand the why. And admit It's pretty funny to see how every subtitles website is stuck when addict7ed is down !

The question is : how can YOU be so nervous for a frakkin' TV show as if your life depended on it ? So, you'll have your subtitles tomorrow, the day after, the week after, it is not a big deal. Frustrating but no biggy ! This isn't the BSG or Lost finale for christ sake ! Are you sure you're gonna survive thanksgiving or are you gonna insult every network because they have the nerves to cancel the usual show this night ? Just to know !

I'm curious about what's the next step here, after this extremely childish beef.

I am positive that you will not receive further apologies beyond Gabriel last statement in his site's forum.

so what will be:

a - you stop releases permanently.

b - you resume releases.

• Like 1

The question is : how can YOU be so nervous for a frakkin' TV show as if your life depended on it ? So, you'll have your subtitles tomorrow, the day after, the week after, it is not a big deal. Frustrating but no biggy ! This isn't the BSG or Lost finale for christ sake ! Are you sure you're gonna survive thanksgiving or are you gonna insult every network because they have the nerves to cancel the usual show this night ? Just to know !

this is probably best post on this whole thread. :)
but you know those addicts, cold turkey is never appricieted way of resolving addiction :P

surely this is a very unfortunate situation. and I'm sure many people understand what you people are going through as you showed lots of good intentions and they were just unrespectful. but hundred of thousands people around the world is watching, many of them waiting for your subtitles not only those who watches movies and tvshows with english subs but also people in many countries with diffrent languages who relies on your subs for translations and etc. so dear alex they showed that they're not going to cooperate and you kindly said that violence is not an option... what are you gonna do next? think about those hundreds of thousands people and be sure this is not the first time that these things happens over the net and very sadly it is not going to be the last time, so make a decision and let us know and be sure whatever it is... me and whoever used your great subs even once back you up in your decision :)

• Like 2

Please, let's all try and keep a cool head, and respect one another.
It's the ONLY way to solve the problem at hand and get passed our differences, however serious or petty they may be, at times.

# 6b199541676e66d74578a85edeff1.gif just a little bit, 6b199541676e66d74578a85edeff1.gif just a little bit 6b199541676e66d74578a85edeff1.gif #

It's not the years in the life, but the life in the years dQVXh.gif

Hi from far lands of Russia!

I must admit, that situation is ridiculous. My point is that there are lots of websites, which users are stealing subtitles from "addic7ed" and removing all credits (I know for sure about 10-15 sites like that only in Russia and Ukraine. But you can't find them 'cos you dont understand russian, ha?).

And this pathetic "strike" is pointless. One shitty subtitles site is not worth such honour as you provide them. Do you understand, that you are making suffer YOUR visitor first. And spanish site recieves only collateral damage.

I'm writing this because I was using your subtitles for translation in russian, but now can't carry on my work. And I have to explain, that such measures as strike are pointless. If you would go on strike to punish every stealing site, your strike will never stop.

I hope, my argumentation will help to understand this situation from another point of view.

P.S. Sorry for my English

• Like 2

Hi from far lands of Russia!

I must admit, that situation is ridiculous. My point is that there are lots of websites, which users are stealing subtitles from "addic7ed" and removing all credits (I know for sure about 10-15 sites like that only in Russia and Ukraine. But you can't find them 'cos you dont understand russian, ha?).

And this pathetic "strike" is pointless. One shitty subtitles site is not worth such honour as you provide them. Do you understand, that you are making suffer YOUR visitor first. And spanish site recieves only collateral damage.

I'm writing this because I was using your subtitles for translation in russian, but now can't carry on my work. And I have to explain, that such measures as strike are pointless. If you would go on strike to punish every stealing site, your strike will never stop.

I hope, my argumentation will help to understand this situation from another point of view.

P.S. Sorry for my English

Exactly, even i right now can open your subtitle file and remove the credits from it and upload it in some random site. I think you addic7ed should just shutdown your site and leave the scene, because clearly you want only attention, which you have gotten. This isn't even childish whats going here, cuz children are much smarter than this.

Exactly, even i right now can open your subtitle file and remove the credits from it and upload it in some random site. I think you addic7ed should just shutdown your site and leave the scene, because clearly you want only attention, which you have gotten. This isn't even childish whats going here, cuz children are much smarter than this.

Again, coming from a guy that didn't make any subtitle... there's not much to say. If we leave the scene or not is for us to decide, but you can't judge us for protecting our work. What you do is of no importance to me, but if i report your actions to the "random site" moderator and he takes no action, then we have a problem.

But clearly you're a leecher, a person that doesn't put anything in the bag but instead he comes and judges viewing everything from a totally different point of view.
  • Like 1

Beign a frequent user of the Addic7ed site i must say i'am really disappointed at you guys.

Me and a lot of people that use your site frequently really appreciate the work you do. We appreciate it, really do. Do the guys at Subititulos.es appreciate your work as much as us, that frequent your site daily? I don't think so. But still you guys think THEY are more important then us, your loyal users?

P.S: Sorry for terribad english. Not a native speaker.

• Like 1

As I understood the situation, it's about personal offence. Some spanish cocky forum moderators have banned addic7ed administrator. And now these administrators are trying to get some revenge and restore respect. But doing this, they are being unrespectful to own visitors and punishing they in first place.
Speaking about leaving the stage - I can make forecats, that after one or two weeks of "strike" like that there will appear another good subtitle site, wich will replace this one.
And P.S. again. I deeply respect hard work of addic7ed crew. But I can't respect their childish behavior

• Like 2

Now WHAT ?
after the admin of that website posted final answer to request of alex ?

good question.
just have a little patience.