Borgen Season 3

blaraka

Hello!

Thank you for the work you're doing during your free time. Could you please add me to the list as well? Forgive me but I'm not good at this, how will I receive the srt file? I could only take the one from episode 2, the one you put in the link yesterday, but cannot watch it since I don't have the first one yet.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Sorry for the delay :) You guys have to see subtitling like a factory line. Danish girl transcribes episode, sends to French friend of hers, sends it to me for translation, I send it to the Australian guy who times it for the srt, sends it back to me to correct any last mistakes. Then I upload it. 

Unfortunately, we still haven't been able to obtain the last 20 or so minutes of transcript for Ep 1. This means that while the whole factory is waiting (and the customers too), the line won't start up until we got that transcript. 

Maybe it's an idea to ask around if there are any Danish users here who would like to help us out? By  transcribing Ep 1 35:00-57:00 like the example below, or by starting to transcribe Ep 3.
Or maybe someone reading this has a Danish friend who's in their debt and/or might like to help out? It's about 4 pages worth of text from 35 minutes onward, so transcribing shouldn't take that long. 
Any help would be welcome. The only really important thing is that the text has to be without spelling errors, because otherwise Google Translate won't be able to make heads nor tails of it.

00:03:31: Birgitte: Jeg har møde her kl. 10 med direktøren og den engelske arkitekt om det nye kontorbyggeri.

00:03:38: Man: Du fik mailen om at bestyrelsesmødet er rykket til 13.30?

00:03:40: Birgitte: Ja tak, det er fint.

• Like 1

Just to make up a little for the delay, here's our SRT-work-in-progress. It's just 35 minutes long, but for those who just can't wait any longer, you can now at least watch 2/3rds of the episode (and either wait for the completed SRT, or skip 20 minutes and watch Ep2). 

The release we used is Borgen.S03E01.DANiSH.720p.HDTV.x264-DTV.

borgen_s03e01.srt

• Like 9

I also would like to be added please! --> Jeppo

Here is a translation (is there complete danish subs somewhere that can be downloaded, maybe I can help?):

00:03:31: Birgitte: Jeg har møde her kl. 10 med direktøren og den engelske arkitekt om det nye kontorbyggeri.

I have a meeting here at 10.00 o clock with the CEO and the english architect about the new office complex.

00:03:38: Man: Du fik mailen om at bestyrelsesmødet er rykket til 13.30?

Did you get the e-mail that the board meeting is pursponed til 13.30?

00:03:40: Birgitte: Ja tak, det er fint.

Yes, please, thank you.

Jeppo

Is there anything I can do to help?  I do not speak Danish, but I have pretty high language and editing skills.  It would be my pleasure to contribute in any way.

Yes, if someone can help with transcripting the next episodes in Danish that would be LOVELY.

No need to make SRT, just a transcript. And the translation and Syncing will come.

I don't know how much time my friend will be able to make the transcript, but maybe not for all the episodes. So if someone here understands Danish, the help would be more than welcome !

• Like 1

Just to make up a little for the delay, here's our SRT-work-in-progress. It's just 35 minutes long, but for those who just can't wait any longer, you can now at least watch 2/3rds of the episode (and either wait for the completed SRT, or skip 20 minutes and watch Ep2). 

inspirational move - just watched all 35min! unfortunately that just reinvigorates the addiction ;-) Thanks.

• Like 1

Yes, if someone can help with transcripting the next episodes in Danish that would be LOVELY.

No need to make SRT, just a transcript. And the translation and Syncing will come.

I don't know how much time my friend will be able to make the transcript, but maybe not for all the episodes. So if someone here understands Danish, the help would be more than welcome !

Alas, I have tried to transcribe the Danish to no avail.

If there is anything else, please email me.

Thanks so much for this.  One suggestion though is to delete the subs in the parts actually spoken in English.  On the S03E01.version I have there are hard coded Danish subs in these parts and the English subs sit on top of these. Example from 4:13 - 5:15.  It might help us understand a bit more Danish if we could read the Danish subbed parts.  Not a biggie though and I can easily amend my copy of the SRT file if others don't agree.

From a quick scan of the video, the English entries that would need to be deleted are 24-35, 71 and 75-97.  In my version I have deleted the dialogue from these timestamps and left the entry blank.

• Like 1

I have one question for everyone - Even though our comrades here have so kindly uploaded the SRT file for episode 2, I can't actually find the episode anywhere. Does anyone know where it can be watched/downloaded? 

I have one question for everyone - Even though our comrades here have so kindly uploaded the SRT file for episode 2, I can't actually find the episode anywhere. Does anyone know where it can be watched/downloaded? 

Sure, in the newsgroups a.b.multimedia (french and danish) and dk.binaertv.  Episodes 1 and 2 have two sources each, both are sub 300Meg MP4's.  However, I watched episode 2 and it was fine.  After that much larger MKV files take over, in the +/- gig range, and a couple are incomplete.  The 720p presence is particularly spotty, episode 4 is represented only by a par file in my service, which might be a problem.  Nothing shows up at all for episode 6, which is odd for such a popular show, usually several posters compete to be first in these groups, and you get multiple copies.  The last episode up is 7, posted Feb 18. 

Of course, a better selection might be out there on ****, but Homey don't play that!!

you can find all episodes on divxccentral and/or scenelog

Amazing those sites stay up, where are they hosted, Mongolia??  The first one even has nzb file sources, although they aren't really necessary, any modern usenet program can find the files trivially.  Of course, a usenet file, if available, is 50 or 100 times faster than free downloads from file sharing websites.  But everyone knows that, right?

Amazing those sites stay up, where are they hosted, Mongolia??  The first one even has nzb file sources, although they aren't really necessary, any modern usenet program can find the files trivially.  Of course, a usenet file, if available, is 50 or 100 times faster than free downloads from file sharing websites.  But everyone knows that, right?

Hmm...  Tell me more.