Borgen Season 3

blaraka

Hey RichieSkyline - great to hear it.  I'm a stone's throw away from you in the city (SF - Cole Valley), and am loving Borgen.  So you must be watching in Danish, then. I have them downloaded, and with the number of Danish cum Swedish cum Norwegian shows/movies I have absorbed in the last year; I'm beginning to understand about 50%. If anything from the sheer habit of pairing up phrases with the translations. 

Howdy, JTSF.

i  too have watched/loved numerous Nordic drama this past year, but i am probably not understanding more than one or two percent of the dialog.  it's clearly an act of desperation to watch w/o understanding the language.  I get the jist of Borgen 3, but not nearly as much as i want (i watch w/o subtitles simply because i can't bear not to). 

my list of wonderful Nordic drama includes: Äkta människor (Real Humans), The Bridge (Broen), Forbrydelsen (The Killing), Lillyhammer, Ørnen: En krimi-odyssé (The Eagle: A Crime Odyssey, Rejseholdet (Unit One), Varg Veum, Wallender (both Krister Hendrikson and Kenneth Branagh series), 

Hi everybody !

Enormous thank you to the people who makes the subtiles for season 3. I just finished season 2 and just can't wait to see the 3rd.

I have the feeling I start understanding Danish... nevertheless can someone send me the subs for episode 1? please!!!!!!

Howdy, JTSF.

i  too have watched/loved numerous Nordic drama this past year, but i am probably not understanding more than one or two percent of the dialog.  it's clearly an act of desperation to watch w/o understanding the language.  I get the jist of Borgen 3, but not nearly as much as i want (i watch w/o subtitles simply because i can't bear not to). 

my list of wonderful Nordic drama includes: Äkta människor (Real Humans), The Bridge (Broen), Forbrydelsen (The Killing), Lillyhammer, Ørnen: En krimi-odyssé (The Eagle: A Crime Odyssey, Rejseholdet (Unit One), Varg Veum, Wallender (both Krister Hendrikson and Kenneth Branagh series), 

iv seen all of them to, while your waiting for borgen 3 subtitles to appear try these nordic programmes, "dicte" a 10 part drama series with iben hjejle, "klovn" tv series very funny & "klovn the movie" which is hilarious, "anna pihl" a police drama series, "oskyldigt domd" & "maria wern" & last but not least "beck" the first nordic cop show that got me hooked on nordic drama, if iv missed anything then please let me know has im dying to watch more nordic drama :)&  any film with kim bodnia or mads mikkelsen is also good by me. 

• Like 1

Hello everybody. Really happy to see such a big community of borgen lovers. You all have great taste :)

I would like to be added to the list for the subtitles... as, like all of you, I need them badly. I already deleted all the episodes I downloaded, just so I woundn't be tempted to watch them without subs, but will be happy to download them again if subs become available. Greetings from London. So

Please, add me to the Borgen S03 waiting list. I also need my fix of Bridgit, Katherine and, yes, Sanne too.

Tak,

Vanvanero

Hi Group,

I just posted this on Copenhagen Craigslist, let's see if we get any bites:

Help our Online Community/Hjælpe Vores Online-Community (From anywhere/Fra et vilkårligt sted) Hello,

I am part of an online community that is trying to transcribe and translate Danish Television so that it can be enjoyed by those who do not speak Danish. If you are willing to transcribe the dialogue of any episodes of the current season of Borgen (AKA The Castle). Whatever time you could give to help us, would be great. Currently, we have two-thirds of the first episode and the entire second episode completed, but that's it. We need Danish-speaking people who can help us.

We are looking for someone to transcribe the dialogue and then email it to me and then I can machine translate it and fix it up. Or, you could transcribe it and translate it into English yourself and then email it to me.

Tak!

(Here is my sad machine translation):

Hello,

Jeg er en del af et online-community, der forsøger at Transkribere og oversætte dansk tv, så det kan nydes af dem, der ikke taler dansk. Hvis du er villig til at Transkribere dialog i nogen episoder af den aktuelle sæson af Borgen (AKA The Castle). Uanset hvad tid du kan give til at hjælpe os, ville være fint. I øjeblikket har vi to tredjedele af den første episode og den hele anden episode afsluttet, men det er det. Vi har brug for dansk-talende folk, som kan hjælpe os.

Vi søger en person til at Transkribere dialogen og derefter e-mail til mig og jeg kan derefter machine oversætter det og reparere det. Eller du kunne Transkribere det og oversætte det til dansk selv og derefter e-mail til mig.

Tak!

Also, do you think there is any desire for a Spanish version?  I could do that.  Although, I speak Mexican Spanish, not, you know, "real" Spanish. ;-)

Nice! 

And the is a huge desire for a Spanish version as well! :)

Nice! 

And the is a huge desire for a Spanish version as well! :)

I wonder whether we can find Danish speakers in English-speaking countries who might be willing to assist in this effort.  I'd be willing to chip in a few hundred dollars as incentive.  Maybe we could start a crowd-funded effort on KIckstarter or something.  I'm just wondering...

The last episode of season 3 is being aired in Denmark this sunday. With that in mind, I guess it won't be long before the dvd is being released either... with subs.

Ok guys, this is going nowhere. I've been monitoring this thread for two weeks now and nothing is happening. What I suggest we do is one of the following:

1. We put our money where our mouth is and hire someone to transcribe the remaining episodes. I quickly googled a bit and found a Danish transcription service that charges 220DKK (approx €30 or $40) per hour of work, and claims to transcribe about 15 minutes of audio per hour. In other words, we'd need to hire her for 4 hours per episode, so to transcribe one episode we would need about €120 / $160. We have about 40 people on the list, so that would amount to $4 per person per episode.
    I myself would sign up (and pay up) for this immediately. How would we collect the money? Ideas?

2. The second option is that we actively try to find a student or group of students in Denmark that want to help us out. Since we only need a transcription, and can take it from there (the wonders of Google Translate), this might just work. However, we would first need to find these students. Posting on Craigslist doesn't work, because Craigslist isn't used or popular in Denmark. Maybe we need to look at students of English, or English literature, or something? Can someone look for this?

3. We contact the Danish broadcaster, and ask if they have Danish subtitles, as discussed above. How would we do that?

Opinions, anyone?

Second season was released on DVD in Denmark (with subs) two days after last episode was aired in DR1. 

Do you know from which online store it can be ordered from abroad?

Ok guys, this is going nowhere. I've been monitoring this thread for two weeks now and nothing is happening. What I suggest we do is one of the following:

1. We put our money where our mouth is and hire someone to transcribe the remaining episodes. I quickly googled a bit and found a Danish transcription service that charges 220DKK (approx €30 or $40) per hour of work, and claims to transcribe about 15 minutes of audio per hour. In other words, we'd need to hire her for 4 hours per episode, so to transcribe one episode we would need about €120 / $160. We have about 40 people on the list, so that would amount to $4 per person per episode.
    I myself would sign up (and pay up) for this immediately. How would we collect the money? Ideas?

2. The second option is that we actively try to find a student or group of students in Denmark that want to help us out. Since we only need a transcription, and can take it from there (the wonders of Google Translate), this might just work. However, we would first need to find these students. Posting on Craigslist doesn't work, because Craigslist isn't used or popular in Denmark. Maybe we need to look at students of English, or English literature, or something? Can someone look for this?

3. We contact the Danish broadcaster, and ask if they have Danish subtitles, as discussed above. How would we do that?

Opinions, anyone?

If the dvd will indeed come out next week, and can be ordered online, then I'm not going to bother with finding people to translate anymore. I don't know how to upload dvds online for downloading (with English subs), but I hope someone else does, and in that way we would not even have to order the dvd. Or just the one of us and then we can download it from where it's uploaded. Or explain me how it's done and where to buy the dvd and I will do it. 

I hope so, but DVDs for the first two seasons were only released in November/December of those years.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borgen_%28TV_series%29

As rosinha also points out: even if the dvd is just being released in Denmark at first, it will probably be available on the web soon (in all kinds of ways ;-) ). Multilingual subs are always included.

I'd rather wait a few weeks to watch a Bluray version of Borgen in HD quality (and with professionally done subs) than a tvrip with Google Translate-subs, to be honest. 

Hey everyone- it looks like our list got quoted out of order.  I've compiled a new list that should include everyone.  Just reply to this and add your name if I missed you!

blaraka ; kanelbulle ; juanadelplata ; scifi3001 ; Milayaa ; bruce73 ;
biophil ; Silly_Crotch ; anissaka ; ipollak ; shaneybo ; budworthtdog ;
dm1983 ; mugil ; itchef ; tmmcaleer ; litl'ol'beggar ; JTSF ;
zorro6204 ; micapam ; trottierlo ; trico ; gel ; mcilou ;
yazstar ; jimjames ; crystal ; LDS ; cici ; Luke Savage ;
Pesky Poppins ; larpiainen ; Wetcoaster ; peaceworker ; elsa75 ; koci ;
bagel ; chrissuffolk ; harvey28 ; supremustotus ; garageflower ; jimCooper ;
kicky ; kat13 ; Susanna in Washington DC ; alphaprior ; magesnz ; Joe Hubris ;
falbin ; JRT ; django ; xuredu7 ; zenok ; soufie ;
cyphertrip ; Vanhorck ; kicky ; buffnfaith ; gj67 ; akm2008
ringzer ; ScotStyle ; Silly_Crotch ; jlapins ; TOGO ; DougZ
Michael-NL; elhall2; Zephyrus; Drus; anotherperson; markhuisman; scotinthesw; loek84

Mikel 19 - just joined, please include me. Thanks for your tremendous efforts.

Oh the irony. :D

I would also suggest to wait and see if the DVD will be released so soon as it was released for the 2nd season. After two months, I personally can wait a couple of weeks more. Let's see what happens and we can take it from there.