Borgen Season 3

blaraka

I made a list of everyone requesting the subtitles in this thread. To make sure you get them as soon as they're done, please check if your name is on it, and if not, quote it and add yourself to the list!

Oh and I see we can only send a message to 6 people at a time, and the message box quickly fills up.
I could send a message to a few people and they could forward it to 6 specified others? I divided the list in groups of 6 people:

Request List
blaraka ; kanelbulle ; juanadelplata ; scifi3001 ; Milayaa ; bruce73 ;

biophil ; Silly_Crotch ; anissaka ; ipollak ; shaneybo ; budworthtdog ;

dm1983 ; mugil ; itchef ; tmmcaleer ; litl'ol'beggar ; JTSF ;

zorro6204 ; micapam ; trottierlo ; trico ; gel ; mcilou ;

yazstar ; jimjames ; crystal ; LDS ; cici ; Luke Savage ;

Pesky Poppins ; larpiainen ; Wetcoaster ; peaceworker ; elsa75 ; koci ;

bagel ; chrissuffolk ; harvey28 ; supremustotus ; garageflower ; jimCooper ;

kicky ; kat13 ; Susanna in Washington DC ; alphaprior ; magesnz ; Joe Hubris ;

falbin ; JRT

anrails

I made a list of everyone requesting the subtitles in this thread. To make sure you get them as soon as they're done, please check if your name is on it, and if not, quote it and add yourself to the list!

Oh and I see we can only send a message to 6 people at a time, and the message box quickly fills up.
I could send a message to a few people and they could forward it to 6 specified others? I divided the list in groups of 6 people:

Request List
blaraka ; kanelbulle ; juanadelplata ; scifi3001 ; Milayaa ; bruce73 ;

biophil ; Silly_Crotch ; anissaka ; ipollak ; shaneybo ; budworthtdog ;

dm1983 ; mugil ; itchef ; tmmcaleer ; litl'ol'beggar ; JTSF ;

zorro6204 ; micapam ; trottierlo ; trico ; gel ; mcilou ;

yazstar ; jimjames ; crystal ; LDS ; cici ; Luke Savage ;

Pesky Poppins ; larpiainen ; Wetcoaster ; peaceworker ; elsa75 ; koci ;

bagel ; chrissuffolk ; harvey28 ; supremustotus ; garageflower ; jimCooper ;

kicky ; kat13 ; Susanna in Washington DC ; alphaprior ; magesnz ; Joe Hubris ;

falbin ; JRT

I'd love to get subs for these episodes as they come as well. Please add me to any mail list for the English subs.

Congrats to you all for this great work. 

Thanks in advance. TAK!!!

Thanks so much for postiing the srt files.  People around the world are eager to get them.  Here are three very minor typos in the srt file for the second episode.

• 09:47 continental breakfast [continental was misspelled]
  • 12:46 [a typo in the srt file causes time codes to be displayed]
  • 28:53 [a typo in the srt file causes time codes to be displayed]

• Like 1

I'd love to get subs for these episodes as they come as well. Please add me to any mail list for the English subs.

Congrats to you all for this great work.

Thanks in advance. TAK!!!

I think everyone should stop with the "adding to the list" but you should of course thank the ones that do the translations! At least I want to thank them a lot!!

They will post the subtitles in this thread and the lengthy messages with the lists simply cloud the overview. 

Episode 1 up to 35:00 has been posted a couple pages back and

Episode 2 completely a few pages before that

They are working on the rest of Episode 1 and lets hope they will continue onwards. 

• Like 3

Hi Group,

I just posted this on Copenhagen Craigslist, let's see if we get any bites:

Help our Online Community/Hjælpe Vores Online-Community (From anywhere/Fra et vilkårligt sted) Hello,

I am part of an online community that is trying to transcribe and translate Danish Television so that it can be enjoyed by those who do not speak Danish. If you are willing to transcribe the dialogue of any episodes of the current season of Borgen (AKA The Castle). Whatever time you could give to help us, would be great. Currently, we have two-thirds of the first episode and the entire second episode completed, but that's it. We need Danish-speaking people who can help us.

We are looking for someone to transcribe the dialogue and then email it to me and then I can machine translate it and fix it up. Or, you could transcribe it and translate it into English yourself and then email it to me.

Tak!

(Here is my sad machine translation):

Hello,

Jeg er en del af et online-community, der forsøger at Transkribere og oversætte dansk tv, så det kan nydes af dem, der ikke taler dansk. Hvis du er villig til at Transkribere dialog i nogen episoder af den aktuelle sæson af Borgen (AKA The Castle). Uanset hvad tid du kan give til at hjælpe os, ville være fint. I øjeblikket har vi to tredjedele af den første episode og den hele anden episode afsluttet, men det er det. Vi har brug for dansk-talende folk, som kan hjælpe os.

Vi søger en person til at Transkribere dialogen og derefter e-mail til mig og jeg kan derefter machine oversætter det og reparere det. Eller du kunne Transkribere det og oversætte det til dansk selv og derefter e-mail til mig.

Tak!

Also, do you think there is any desire for a Spanish version?  I could do that.  Although, I speak Mexican Spanish, not, you know, "real" Spanish. ;-)

• Like 2

Hi everyone!

Let me thank you all for the great work you're doing.

@Joe Hubris: Craiglist Denmark is not popular at all here compared to the US or other countries. So I don't think you'll get results from there, even though its a great initiative. I am trying to think of a more appropriate website. The most popular for small ads in Denmark is dba.dk but it's only to sell stuff. I'll come back to you if I think of a better one.

Hi everyone!

Let me thank you all for the great work you're doing.

@Joe Hubris: Craiglist Denmark is not popular at all here compared to the US or other countries. So I don't think you'll get results from there, even though its a great initiative. I am trying to think of a more appropriate website. The most popular for small ads in Denmark is dba.dk but it's only to sell stuff. I'll come back to you if I think of a better one.

Hi Green,

I'm not surprised that CL isn't as big there, but I figure it might be more popular with ex-pats or foreigners who might be bilingual.

Let me know if you have another website in mind and I'd be glad to use my email address to find help.

Joe

My heartfelt thanks to all the nice people working on the translation of Borgen! :) It's hugely appreciated.

I'm going slightly off-topic now... Has anyone here watched Sidse Babett Knudsen's movie 
Above the Street and Below the Water (Over gaden under vandet)? I'd really like to watch it, but I can't seem to find any English subtitles on the net, even though the movie is out on dvd.

Does anyone have them? If not... shall we make them? I found the Danish subtitles... 8-)

Hi, I just happened to come back by the site this evening thinking Borgen (I'm in California and no one knows of the show here) . I am so proud of you guys. I offered to help if we had transcripts in other languages if English was not available - as I am a translator (but not of Danish). Now I have two episodes to watch. What a great bunch of people Borgen fans are!  This must have taken so much work and dedication on your part.

Thanks so very much.  JT