Borgen Season 3

blaraka

i just watched the final episode of season 3 and it was wonderful.  i dont speak Danish, but the endings were perfectly clear and a fitting end to the stories. 

i'll be on the lookout for these actors in their next outings.  what a magnificent cast.  and Adam Price can do no wrong...

I'm jumping up and down here on my couch, getting lesser sleep as usual al because my eye caught subtitles for Borgen, season 3. Yippie!

Superworm, wat maak je mij blij hiermee! Mijn eeuwige dank (translation: you are making me so happy with this! A longlife gratitude!) *blowing handkisses to Superworm*

Sorry I'm not able to help. I'd love to, but my pc still doesn't have speakers (so no sound) and my knowledge of Frysian is not more than "da ken neh" ;-)

PS Alphaprior Thanx for putting them up on Addicted, after weeks and weeks of no news and even episodes which are not very well available, I thought I was going to have to wait for the dvd or the airing in Belgium (the Dutch are far, far, far behind).

Not to be importunate, but are the people working on this project still active on this thread?  I'm just not sure why the last 25 minutes of Episode 1 has proven such a difficult, time-consuming task.  Guess I'm growing pretty pessimistic.

Now that season is completed, open to any other information others may have about other translation sub creation operations.

Again, not to take away from anyone's efforts, but something is clearly broken down here.

I'm jumping up and down here on my couch, getting lesser sleep as usual al because my eye caught subtitles for Borgen, season 3. Yippie!

Superworm, wat maak je mij blij hiermee! Mijn eeuwige dank (translation: you are making me so happy with this! A longlife gratitude!) *blowing handkisses to Superworm*

Sorry I'm not able to help. I'd love to, but my pc still doesn't have speakers (so no sound) and my knowledge of Frysian is not more than "da ken neh" ;-)

PS Alphaprior Thanx for putting them up on Addicted, after weeks and weeks of no news and even episodes which are not very well available, I thought I was going to have to wait for the dvd or the airing in Belgium (the Dutch are far, far, far behind).

I did not upload the subtitles someone else did. I just saw them and thought to let guys here know.
Subtitles are not perfect... its seems the f.. word appears often where it shouldn't, timings are not very good sometimes its too fast, sometimes 3 lines of text you try to catch up. In general you get the meaning even if you don't understand everything, these for 1st episode and as jmr1948 said 25 mins of subtitles are missing but you can see what happens and you understand.
The 2nd episode had much better subtitles and the questions you might have for missing 25 mins from 1st episode you find the answer here.
Now after watching 2 episodes of Borgen I say I was surprised of so many changes not only in situations but also faces.. the faces you know but different and some new. But its a totally new situation lot of things going to happen and can't wait to see the next episodes.

Thanks to people here who made those subtitles and I hope we all get new subs either from here or from dvds of season 3.

:rolleyes:

I asked Netbutik, which is the online shop on DR, and they expect the dvd of series 3 to be available September/October of this year. 

what a let down, was waiting to see s03e01, but only 35 min of subtitles, anyone has any idea when and how that will be resolved?

what a let down, was waiting to see s03e01, but only 35 min of subtitles, anyone has any idea when and how that will be resolved?

You have to watch it, indeed 25 mins but its actually 2 scenes that you can understand what happens without subtitles and when you watch the next episode you understand everything that was missing.

I've just discovered this forum today and I really appreciate all the work you do.

Seems to me that no one ever realized that the Danish subtitles must be available for all episodes!!!!

Start an episode and the first thing  you see is "the subtitles page for DR1 is page 398"

Unconverted digital recordings include the subtitles for impaired hearing people. (i.e. recordings from any digital sattelite/cable receiver)
With a (Freeware) Demux Tool called ProjectX the subtitles can be extracted from the original xxxxx.TS recording file.
Unfortunately NOT from the converted MKV, MPG or Divx that are usually uploaded to usenet or **** sites.

Reading this forum I found that there are also Danish members and I was wondering if someone still has original recordings of Borgen Series 3

Extracting the subtitles takes only a few minutes per episode.

To avoid to transfer the huge recorded HD-files over the internet. (Just the 35-50 kB srt-files), I can offer to assist with the extraction of the subtitles.

I'll be glad to be of any assistance.

If there are any danish subtitles, I would be happy to help. I am a dutch girl, fluent in English and I can understand the danish from the series, but Im not that good in writing what I hear in danish (as the danes skip half of the words they say.. :S) So if the last post is true and there are danish subtitles, It would not be that hard to translate this in English for me.

kind regards, Si

Unfortunately it seems impossible to put a picture in this message (Or I can't find out how to!)

If you start for instance 'borgen.s03e04.720p-division.mkv' you'll find in the upper left corner next to the DR 1 - Identification Mark "TTV side 398" for a few seconds.

This proves that there were subtitles during the transmission, which is common use in various European Countries.
(I've been using the extraction myself for TV-5 Europe, BBC-One, ITV and Canvas Belgium subtitles - The ones I can receive with my Dreambox satellite receiver)

Conversion into any format to play on mediaplayers makes other content like subtitles disappear. Therefore it is most important to find some original recordings of Borgen.

(BTW, as I mentioned before I highly appreciate the work that has already been done, no question about it.
However, I think that it can be done with far less efforts, if we could only find help in Danmark.)

Edited by u0005

I've just discovered this forum today and I really appreciate all the work you do.

Seems to me that no one ever realized that the Danish subtitles must be available for all episodes!!!!

Start an episode and the first thing  you see is "the subtitles page for DR1 is page 398"

Unconverted digital recordings include the subtitles for impaired hearing people. (i.e. recordings from any digital sattelite/cable receiver)
With a (Freeware) Demux Tool called ProjectX the subtitles can be extracted from the original xxxxx.TS recording file.
Unfortunately NOT from the converted MKV, MPG or Divx that are usually uploaded to usenet or **** sites.

Reading this forum I found that there are also Danish members and I was wondering if someone still has original recordings of Borgen Series 3

Extracting the subtitles takes only a few minutes per episode.

To avoid to transfer the huge recorded HD-files over the internet. (Just the 35-50 kB srt-files), I can offer to assist with the extraction of the subtitles.

I'll be glad to be of any assistance.

Can you extract the subs from the episodes that are shown here: http://www.dr.dk/DR1/Borgen/se-borgen.htm#/69066/00:55? Danish tv has "text tv" or subs for the hearing impaired, but I haven't seen them uploaded anywhere. :(

Can you extract the subs from the episodes that are shown here: http://www.dr.dk/DR1/Borgen/se-borgen.htm#/69066/00:55? Danish tv has "text tv" or subs for the hearing impaired, but I haven't seen them uploaded anywhere. :(

The episodes shown in that link does not contain subtitles. The subtitles we need are the Teletext subtitles broadcasted during the  transmission.

All episodes that we download (usenet or ****s) are converted, usually in x264 in an MKV container or DivX.

If someone can get hold on a direct recording with  " .TS " extension it is possible to extract the teletext subtitles.  

As far as I know only Teletext subtitels are extractable and not the DVB subtitles ( I've never been able to extract DVB-subtitles yet!)

I hope that someone in Danmark, in possesion of original recordings, is willing to extract the teletext subtitles.

If you know the trick it's a matter of minutes!.

• Like 1

If there are any danish subtitles, I would be happy to help. I am a dutch girl, fluent in English and I can understand the danish from the series, but Im not that good in writing what I hear in danish (as the danes skip half of the words they say.. :S) So if the last post is true and there are danish subtitles, It would not be that hard to translate this in English for me.

kind regards, Si

Si, that would be wonderful! Maybe you or someone you know who can also speak Danish, could post a message on the Danish Borgen Facebook page? It would need some explaining to get someone to upload the original recordings so we (u0005) can extract the subtitles.  

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Borgen/155037347852135?ref=ts&fref=ts

Yeah this is awesome!!! And sad...

I watched this thread 25 times and it still had 2 or 3 pages....now it has 16! Read them all... no subs for the first ep :(

Yet you people are great!! Fun to see that I wasn't the only one thinking I recognized a lot of the words (I'm dutch as well) and yes they swallow every word. Like a dialect from the farmer regions of the country.  

I don't know why I should be added to the list (the subs for ep 2 are downloadable in the thread) but add me anyway. 

Hi Everyone,

I was in hospital last week and just got home and am trying to figure out what's up.  Any progress on episode 1?  Are we still without the final 25 minutes?  What can we do to move this along?

Si, that would be wonderful! Maybe you or someone you know who can also speak Danish, could post a message on the Danish Borgen Facebook page? It would need some explaining to get someone to upload the original recordings so we (u0005) can extract the subtitles.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Borgen/155037347852135?ref=ts&fref=ts

This is not a bad idea!

I've made a list of 'Borgen uploaders' that we, for a start, might contact this way.

No need to send an email these are all FAKE emailadresses (for obvious reasons :ph34r:)
bølle@bob.dk (BølleBob) ; maynardj@blackhole.org (maynardj)
tribaltribal <Tribal@tribal.com> ; hihi <hihi@kere.ws>
autom@gical.tv (M@GiC) ; r@ndom.tv (r@ndom)
No need to send an email these are all FAKE emailadresses!!!!!!!

Apparently some of them are member of this group: DiViSiON

(from their own nfo files:)
"DiViSiON is a group founded in 2004, which main purpose is to release high quality
Tv-rips, from danish television, thereby giving the viewer full control of what to watch.
No more god damn commercials, no more crappy no brain tvshows...

If you can help with any of the above, or think you can contribute in anyway contact us!
U know how... "

Unfortunately I have no clue how to get in contact with those guys!

I dont have accounts on Twitter or Facebook.