Borgen Season 3

blaraka

Hello,

I'm translating Borgen for a Turkish network. I also edit the English subtitle to our needs (adjust the timecode better, fill in the missing dialogue etc) since the network broadcasts with both Turkish and English subtitles.

For the first season, they sent me two different sets of subtitles in English. The first one was the one that I think everyone here uses, with timecode. This is the one that's widely available all over the internet. It was a good subtitle, however I had two problems with it: The major problem is that there was some dialogue missing: -Yes / no, hello, hi, names, short exclamations etc were all omitted. So I had to add them manually. The minor problem is that the timecodes were sometimes too long. A 1,5 - 2 second dialogue would sometimes remain on screen as long as 6 seconds.

The second set of subtitles did not have a timecode, but it was a complete transcript, word for word. So it was very helpful in filling out the missing dialogue. This was essential for me.

Now I'm starting the translation of season two (we broadcast a bit late here) but this time I was sent only the timecoded subtitles, not the complete transcripts. I asked my employer network to get in contact with the Danish company, but they couldn't help, saying they had no such transcripts for season 2.

So I'm kindly asking, would anyone here have them? It would really save me hours, even days of searching for every word or expression that I don't understand.

By the way, great show. I love every minute of it.

Thanks in advance,

Ardan

I still can't find any subtitles, was hoping someone from the Netherlands would've uploaded them within a couple of days...

Unfortunately it seems the subtitles can't be ripped from the image from the dvd from VK. I understood the dvd was also available with newspaper "De Morgen" in Belgium. Maybe someone overthere who can rip them?

Hello,

I'm translating Borgen for a Turkish network. I also edit the English subtitle to our needs (adjust the timecode better, fill in the missing dialogue etc) since the network broadcasts with both Turkish and English subtitles.

For the first season, they sent me two different sets of subtitles in English. The first one was the one that I think everyone here uses, with timecode. This is the one that's widely available all over the internet. It was a good subtitle, however I had two problems with it: The major problem is that there was some dialogue missing: -Yes / no, hello, hi, names, short exclamations etc were all omitted. So I had to add them manually. The minor problem is that the timecodes were sometimes too long. A 1,5 - 2 second dialogue would sometimes remain on screen as long as 6 seconds.

The second set of subtitles did not have a timecode, but it was a complete transcript, word for word. So it was very helpful in filling out the missing dialogue. This was essential for me.

Now I'm starting the translation of season two (we broadcast a bit late here) but this time I was sent only the timecoded subtitles, not the complete transcripts. I asked my employer network to get in contact with the Danish company, but they couldn't help, saying they had no such transcripts for season 2.

So I'm kindly asking, would anyone here have them? It would really save me hours, even days of searching for every word or expression that I don't understand.

By the way, great show. I love every minute of it.

Thanks in advance,

Ardan

Don't know if someone else will reply, but I'm not sure if you will find transcripts here, only subtitles. If you work for a televisioncompany in Turkey, it seems to me it would be possible to get the transcript through the production company (DK Fiktion), isn't it? Good luck!

Here is the Google translation for Borgen 3- episode 10

Enjoy

He U, where did you get these? *acting very surprised and happy*

He U, where did you get these? *acting very surprised and happy*

I'm afraid that it is forbidden in this forum, but 'Nood breekt wetten! :ph34r:

The rest is coming too, but i'll have to wait for the DL to complete.

I'm afraid that it is forbidden in this forum, but 'Nood breekt wetten! :ph34r:

The rest is coming too, but i'll have to wait for the DL to complete.

Shouldn't it be ''Emergencies breaks laws''? ;) (necessity knows no law) Anyway, if you'd live close by, I would come and kiss you (lucky for you I don't).

Unfortunately it seems the subtitles can't be ripped from the image from the dvd from VK. I understood the dvd was also available with newspaper "De Morgen" in Belgium. Maybe someone overthere who can rip them?

Unfortunately I don't have the cash to buy it myself atm. I'll ask around if somebody I know has the dvd's, but I doubt I'll find someone...