Borgen Season 3

blaraka

Yes, had same issue but if you paste the text straight into the box rather than upoading a document, it seems to work then.

• Like 1

I don't know why, but google seems to completely stop translating after a certain amount of text, lines, ...? Here it's approximately at 37 minutes. 

This is micapam's first translation, he's still testing the program, which btw you could do yourself too.

Give Google Translate a few seconds more and the translation will be complete.

If not, repeat the part that google has forgotten and paste it into the first part.

Here is a straight google translate of episode 3.

It's pretty funny! 

@micapam

This is great. However the name you gave it is totaly wrong

In this case it would be Borgen_S03E03. Googlish.srt.

Let me please explain something about Dunglish.

If a word/expression in any language is translated into another language it could get a compleet different meaning.
As the basic for this Borgen translation is the Dutch subtitle set, it is obvious that Dutch/English mistakes are made in that translation.

A very known mistake has been made by our (former) Prime Minister Mr.Drs.A.A.M den Uyl who said:"the Dutch are a nation of undertakers" where he translated 'ondernemers' literal instead of what he meant 'entrepreneur'

This however does apply for all languages, and I would like to avoid it as the English Borgen subtitles are going to be used for all other languages to come.

In order to make it for everybody clear that this is not a usable subtitle file I named it:

Google English NL-ENG Borgen 3-**.srt

If someone wants to use this srt to watch the episode it's his or her own choice.

Great news that we have finally got subs so we can translate to English.

Is it worthwhile creating a sticky post in this forum so we can upload the Dunglish subs to the same place? People can then start using them to watch the episode and English speakers (I'm happy to help refine them) can refine them until they are proper English. Doing this will also ensure that there is no duplicate effort in people converting them from Dutch to English.

It will also help me (and others) find 100% of episode 1 as last I knew there was on the first 35 minutes in English.

Great news that we have finally got subs so we can translate to English.

Is it worthwhile creating a sticky post in this forum so we can upload the Dunglish subs to the same place? People can then start using them to watch the episode and English speakers (I'm happy to help refine them) can refine them until they are proper English. Doing this will also ensure that there is no duplicate effort in people converting them from Dutch to English.

It will also help me (and others) find 100% of episode 1 as last I knew there was on the first 35 minutes in English.

That's the spirit.

Thanks

That's the spirit.

Thanks

thanks u0005 for your hard work, iv just google translated all the dutch translated episodes to english subtitles, althought the subtitles are a bit crazy they are watchable & at least watching the episodes in dunglish is much better then nothing, again thanks for all your hard work i will be watching borgen tonight finally :)

thanks u0005 for your hard work, iv just google translated all the dutch translated episodes to english subtitles, althought the subtitles are a bit crazy they are watchable & at least watching the episodes in dunglish is much better then nothing, again thanks for all your hard work i will be watching borgen tonight finally :)

Can you upload the English subtitles to this forum so people can use these instead of having to translate them again? I can use the dodgy English subtitles to correct the translation. We can use the sticky post I mention above to divide up the episodes to correct so we dont all try and correct the same episodes.

Where are you getting your episodes to watch? KickAssTorrents?

@ Zloty

You are right, there is a time-overleap in 464/465.

00:44:42,344 --> 00:44:42,464

Meer mensen hebben gezien dat Kruse

het partijcongres heeft moeten verlaten.

00:44:42,464 --> 00:44:49,142  >>>>>>>>>>>>Change this in 00:44:42,470 --> 00:44:49,142 

Meer mensen hebben gezien dat Kruse

het partijcongres heeft moeten verlaten.

I don't know what program you use, but it might help to read that file for a second time.

Even same error after to change as you said

Even same error after to change as you said

@Zloty

I've tried mine once again and it is working.

What program do you use that gives this error message?

Did you change that in Wordpad or maybe in Word?

Or is it the toolkit itself? In that case I can't be of any assistance caused by lack of knowledge!

You could try to open the file in notepad and copy the complete text to an empty Wordpad file and rename to ***.srt

and don't forget the correction.

With that U-turn my srt gave no problems.

Sorry that I'm not able to upload anymore, but in case this problem remains, maybe someone else could help out.

@Zloty

So am I correct in saying you able to translate episode 1-3 into English but are unable to upload them to this forum? If so, can you PM the contents of the text file to me and I can post them? Or you can e-mail me the files and I can upload them.

I'm just very keen to watch an espisode tonight now that we have finally been able to get the English subtitles with your help.

@Zloty

What program do you use that gives this error message?

Did you change that in Wordpad or maybe in Word?

Or is it the toolkit itself? In that case I can't be of any assistance caused by lack of knowledge!

You could try to open the file in notepad and copy the complete text to an empty Wordpad file and rename to ***.srt

and don't forget the correction.

With that U-turn my srt gave no problems.

Sorry that I'm not able to upload anymore, but in case this problem remains, maybe someone else could help out.

Thanks u0005,now it works. I use Notepad and Google Translator Kit for conversion in English. I attach translated file. Hope that it is convenient.

Borgen S03E01.srt

So am I correct in saying you able to translate episode 1-3 into English but are unable to upload them to this forum? If so, can you PM the contents of the text file to me and I can post them? Or you can e-mail me the files and I can upload them.

I'm just very keen to watch an espisode tonight now that we have finally been able to get the English subtitles with your help.

I very much doubt that this can be considered to be English subtitles.

The purpose of all this is to get proper English subtitles.

These are all translated (professional) Dutch subtitles translated by Google.

(Google translates 100.000 Kr in 10.000$ !!!!!!)

But if you think that this is enough I wish you many happy hours watching the series.

Thanks u0005,now it works. I use Notepad and Google Translator Kit for conversion in English. I attach translated file. Hope that it is convenient.

@ Zloty

The only missing subtitle is for S03E02.

Allthough there is  an existing subtitle it might be usefull to google that one too.

I remember when I first tried to watch that log subtitles were very short visible.

All files are scanned with the same OCR Character-set, which means that all names with special characters are the same etc ect.

Maybe it's the cherry on the pie!

Ahhh

I just discovered Google Translator Kit,  one needs an account!

@ Zloty

The only missing subtitle is for S03E02.

Allthough there is  an existing subtitle it might be usefull to google that one too.

I remember when I first tried to watch that log subtitles were very short visible.

All files are scanned with the same OCR Character-set, which means that all names with special characters are the same etc ect.

Maybe it's the cherry on the pie!

Ahhh

I just discovered Google Translator Kit,  one needs an account!

Look at Google Translator Kit conversion for s03e02. Don't know if it is the cherry :huh: ,i am dubitative.

B3-2.srt

Look at Google Translator Kit conversion for s03e02. Don't know if it is the cherry :huh: ,i am dubitative.

Me too, I see that all subtitles are in one row.

If you'd used the method I explaned in #435 this would not have happened.

However, the results are equal, all textlines need to be checked,corrected or reshuffeld.

This is what I meant earlier, that native English people will have to spend at least 3 hours on each episode.

So finaly I'm going to start watching Borgen 3

I never heard the word dubitative. I had to look it up :o  

Me too, I see that all subtitles are in one row.

If you'd used the method I explaned in #435 this would not have happened.

However, the results are equal, all textlines need to be checked,corrected or reshuffeld.

This is what I meant earlier, that native English people will have to spend at least 3 hours on each episode.

So finaly I'm going to start watching Borgen 3

I never heard the word dubitative. I had to look it up :o  

You are right dubitative means doubtful.

Here is the Google translation for Borgen 3- episode 10

Enjoy

Did you  posted the others subtitles of 3er season yet¿ Thanks!!!