Borgen Season 3

blaraka

Hi all.  I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for getting subtitles up for the first three episodes.  Thanks very much robertvk and wxtype - especially appreciated your care in getting rid of English subtitles for English dialogue.  They look very good to me (as far as a non-Danish speaker can say).  By that I mean that they make sense in context of action.

To show appreciation, I plan to make a smal donation to addicted.  Pity we can't put plaques on donations.

hi all, 

just found this forum recently, does anyone have subs for season 3 - episodes 9+10?

Cheers!

p.s. the people who write these srt files are heroes!

If you don't speak dutch then how do you know that those subtitles are "professional"?  :)

The problem is this one: some users don't know if a subtitle is finished, is corrected, or is just a Google translate, they just press the download button when they notice the fact that a subtitle for a show is uploaded or "translated".

Then, of course, when they start to watch the episode, they will have the big surprise to not have a subtitle as they hope, and they'll start to think "That addic7ed is useless, they're all crap" and stuff like that.

I want to ask all of you to not upload anymore any google translation on addic7ed.

Thanks

doc

If you'd read the thread, you'd know that the dutch subtitles on addic7ed come from the DVD. So someone's been paid to do them.

English subs for S03E03 of Borgen are pretty well close to done:

http://www.subtitleseeker.com/Download-tv-2673632/Borgen+S03E03+DANiSH+HDTV+x264-TVBYEN

Might be some minor errors still, feel free to correct them.

@wxtype

I've just deleted 10-27, since that's all in English
Also, the transcriptions, sorry, aren't accurate. Just one example: Jeremy says: 'And now we have to have sex', which gets rendered at: 'And now will have sex'. Etc.
In any case, there's the Danish subtitles in those sections. Hope you don't mind :)

thanks for your help with episode 3. i will try to chip in again for later eps time permitting!

Hi guys,

someone erased the work done on ep04 english translation. It was around 78% yesterday evening =(

http://www.addic7ed.com/serie/Borgen/3/4/Den_enes_d%C3%B8d...

Joe Cowley you're saying you have good english subs for E04, could you please upload them?

Thanks.

I got them from addic7ed.com and loaded them into episode 4 - haven't watched the whole episode but what I did watch seems very good. I'm now waiting for English subs to be finished on the other episodes. Joe

Could you upload them somewhere? Someone removed ep4 eng subtitles from addic7ed.

Just done it! Try it now on addic7ed.com

[...]

I don't speak dutch but recently added the second half of subtitles to s03e03 by google translating them then editing the googlish as best as possible into correct english. Still need to do the first 36min.

It's all very simple copy paste work, and a little bit of translating/editing, if every english or dutch speaker here contributed, the season could be done in no time.

If you don't speak dutch then how do you know that those subtitles are "professional"?  :)

The problem is this one: some users don't know if a subtitle is finished, is corrected, or is just a Google translate, they just press the download button when they notice the fact that a subtitle for a show is uploaded or "translated".

Then, of course, when they start to watch the episode, they will have the big surprise to not have a subtitle as they hope, and they'll start to think "That addic7ed is useless, they're all crap" and stuff like that.

I want to ask all of you to not upload anymore any google translation on addic7ed.

I was amused by your words regarding your Dutch and what I said it was as a joke.
But obviously, you have missed the most important point from what I really said.

doc

103iruh.gif

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do!

IMPORTANT LINK:

Has anyone seen the subtitles for episode 9 and 10? like the google translations ones? i can't seem to find them, and yes i've been listening to the series with the good translations and the google ones, i can figure out 90% of the correct translations, thank to the people that translated the series and hope we get the 100% correct translations for borgen s3

Oh goodness you people are amazing! i have been looking for a solid community of sub-titlers forever, and for my fave show?! even better.

Hello everyone!

I registered especially so that I can tell the translators that they're doing a wonderful job for the rest of the borgen community and that I'm sending them a big big hug with my thanks from London! 

In this day and age, to broadcast a popular series in one country and then not release a dvd is just a huge mistake and just bad business!

Most of us would have bought it and not have to resort to translation for foreigners. Nonetheless whoever contributed to the englsh translation - well done!! You've done a great job!

Could someone please tell me what the quality of the subs posted on addicted are? Are they still google translation or have they been updated to a better quality translation?

Hi guys,

on a series dialogue intense as this literal translations, eg. too much to read, are not recommended. Long lines, triple lines...tired you out no matter the effort of well meaning folk. Better wait for BBC to issue their official version and then take it from there (literally).

Thanks for your efforts anyway.

I think that's a rather unfair thing to say...it was true of the first two episodes, largely because they did attempt to follow the Danish dialogue quite literally (although I don't think there are any triple lines left there either), but it's not for the ones that have been translated from the Dutch subs ripped from the Dutch DVDs, because the Dutch subtitles are already shortened versions of the full dialogue.

Whatever - I'm enjoying them, others can wait if they want! Up to episode 6, working slowly on 7 (there's no English dialogue).

great work on the translations  robertvk  :)...since i dont know danish...i cant say if the translations are  at the best quality...for non danish speakers i dont think its a problem :) i can see the episodes without issues.

Got an email from our host that we need to remove the season 3 due to a copyright complaint (ugh!). Since they only mentioned about season 3, I'll only remove that.

Sorry about it, I'm sure it will make a lot of people sad but it's not much I can do. Hope you understand and, like me, accept the decision (which I don't agree with, but hey). 

Changing the world. One subtitle at a time.