Borgen Season 3

blaraka

Did you  posted the others subtitles of 3er season yet¿ Thanks!!!

I ve got troubles with episodes 9 and 1o, because appears the dutch and english subtitles at the same time!!!! What can I do¿

I ve got troubles with episodes 9 and 1o, because appears the dutch and english subtitles at the same time!!!! What can I do¿

You have several options:

1. Learn Dutch, as Máxima did :rolleyes:  and use the perfect Dutch subtitles in #425. I know she can!

2. Cut the Dutch parts and save the srt. with the Google translated English subtitles only.

3. Use the method I explaned in #435 and translate all Dutch subtitles in #425 with Google in Spanish.

The last option is to be preferred if you want to have Spanish subtitles.

Option 3 is the obvious choice for all foreign languages, as long as there are no proper English subtitles.

elipstyga, try to use Jubler to edit the "Borgen 3 - 9.srt" file, cut everything after the last english line at 0.57'27" and save.

In addition to my reply yesterday:

If you use Windows OS, you'll have Wordpad on your PC.

It gets installed with every windows installation. (Not sure about Windows 8 though)

You can make all changes with Wordpad, so no need to install any additional program.

I've got English subs for eps 2,9 and 10 (thanks to this forum!)

Are there any more for the rest of the episodes or is that it for now?

Joe

I'd be very grateful if anyone could pm me full length english subs for season 3 episode 1 and any other episodes that English subs exist for.

Hi I have clicked the Follow button for this topic...hope you can include me if any quality english subs come up.

I got some subs that were posted earlier on and they are .txt files???

BTW in case anyoneis looking for the dutch dvds, there's a certain kat who might be able to help.

I've got English subs for eps 2,9 and 10 (thanks to this forum!)

Are there any more for the rest of the episodes or is that it for now?

Joe

Look at my post #450 of yesterday

Hi , does anybody know where i can download episodes 4 thru the last one? the **** it self, im trying  from ****, the latest dvds from a dutch girl but its going terribly slow (like couple of days now

thanks 

Hi , does anybody know where i can download episodes 4 thru the last one? the **** it self, im trying  from ****, the latest dvds from a dutch girl but its going terribly slow (like couple of days now

thanks 

Thanks for that, Zloty! I must have missed them somehow (Duh!)

Cheers

Joe

Hi,on my #453 you can find also s03e01 googlish srt. Hope it's ok for you.

I tried watching the 1st episode with subs provided. Could not follow the story well. I think a finely nuanced show like this one requires top notch subs. So, much as it hurts, I will be waiting for the proper subs.

But its great to see how fast some of you are doing these subs to help. Much appreciated by all here.

I tried watching the 1st episode with subs provided. Could not follow the story well.............................................

The sofar uploaded 'English' subtitles are not suitable for watching the series, but were never meant to be!

Here is what I had in mind untill I was stopped by the upload restriction on this board and Zloty helped me out:

Provide the professional Dutch subtitles make English Subtitles out of it with Google translate and let English (Native) speaking people make proper English subtitles out of it.

If I had translated the subtitles myself I would have made so many (probably laughable = Dunglish) mistakes that the last step would have been made anyway. Expensive time would than have been waisted.

I'm glad that JHolmesJr took the time to react that he (and I assume that he's English) was unable to follow the story.

Looking back now I realize that it would have been better to just upload the Dutch subtitles and wait for your translations.

Let's hope that from this message on proper English subtitles will soon appear, I 'm sure that work is already in progress.

Having said this, I must conclude that my assistance on this topic is no longer required.

Good Luck

I tried watching the 1st episode with subs provided. Could not follow the story well. I think a finely nuanced show like this one requires top notch subs. So, much as it hurts, I will be waiting for the proper subs.

But its great to see how fast some of you are doing these subs to help. Much appreciated by all here.

I agree with you - spoils an excellent show by trying to workout what some of the subs are saying. In fairness though, as U0005 says above, the subs are meant to be a starting point.

Are we likely to see improved versions of all the subs posted in this forum?

Joe

Done with my Borgen marathon! :D

I'd love to help translating, but I don't have the time to translate entire episodes. Is there any way to work together on the same subs?

Some sort of google docs where multiple people can work on the same document?

I had given up on this thread after it stalled at 1.5 episodes.  Glad I was wrong.  Anyway, I just watched Episode One, using the older subs for the first 35 minutes and the Google subs for the rest.  I think I missed almost nothing in terms of dialogue (but I am a former ESL teacher).  And it was so great to see Birgitte back in action!  (Don't let the high heels fool you: she's a warrior princess).  Anyway, I plan to watch Episode Two and then chill for the emergence of the fruits of this new project.

So excited.  Know of no political program in English since The West Wing that holds a candle to Borgen.