Borgen Season 3

blaraka

Awwww! and I was so used to looking at the percentage of completion every day! How are we now going to know when they will be done? :( and will the process continue? I have 3 more episodes left... thanks guys for all you are doing. whoever wrote to you about the copyright should suck it!

DMCA came from "tidprotect.com" (Their motto is: "Providing a Solution to Online Piracy" .. serious business.)
"Infringed Content:

Lumière - Borgen Season 3 (Dutch Version)"

This was a few weeks ago in my email.. but I somehow overlooked it ^_^

I assume they went to the hosting provider in the end.

• Like 1

Changing the world. One subtitle at a time.

I'm not sure who I should say this too, but the take-down request from DMCA seems to be directed at the Dutch subtitles, but not the translations into English, etc.

They are  the intellectual property of the translators, surely?

• Like 1

Then it's settled - tidprotect.com should suck it and so should DMCA!

I'm so amazed that they would be so insistant for S03. They had plenty of time to act earlier when we were complaining and begging for S03 to come out on dvd or ****. Most of us would have happily paid. But now, the ship has sailed, we got organised (and by that I only mean that very few of this forum did an amazing job for the rest of us).

Episode 8 has gone out at the time of their reaction and we just have to find a way to work out 9 and 10 and that's that. Maybe with S04 they would be smarter and figure out in which century we live.

Ok, enough ranting for this early in the morning. Off to work to spread joy to the world. :) 

Hi dear Addic7eds

Looking for Borgen s03e09 English subs this morning, what do I see ?... The whole season 3 has disappeared !!!  So I came here to see if there was anything said about it, and thanks to Alex28 there was. Bad news indeed. ("The shit hits the fan" !)

As I was watching episode 8 yesterday, I realised that the more I watch this show, the more I love it, so much so that I am thinking of watching it all over again. But first I have to get the last two subs, so thank you MichaelBurrows :) for the link you gave us, that's great.

But in the zip file from dropbox you can find english ones for ep 9 ans 10. Or are the different ones?

Do i need special DVD-Rips or is there no Problem with the differnt Danish HDTV/720p Versions?

But in the zip file from dropbox you can find english ones for ep 9 ans 10. Or are the different ones?

Do i need special DVD-Rips or is there no Problem with the differnt Danish HDTV/720p Versions?

yes there are ...but just what was done till then...for ex for ep  9 it's the translation till min 2...can the final episodes be translated under a different name ?

So does anyone know who was working on the dutch-english subs ep 1-8? Are they reading this forum? Would people be able to continue working on a translation outside that website from where they were taken down?

The English translations for ep 9 & 10 were only just starting.

So does anyone know who was working on the dutch-english subs ep 1-8? Are they reading this forum? Would people be able to continue working on a translation outside that website from where they were taken down?

YES PLEASE EVERYBODY, WHO COULD HELP, AND HOW ???

I'm new to this, but have been attepmting to help with the translation - I don't speak Dutch, but Afrikaans

which is like a child of Dutch - it's not my 1st language, English is, and I moved away from South Africa 30

years ago. It does however give me a reasonable ability to unscramble to translator's attempts (I use MultiTrans)

I can't decipher them all - and aren't always sure whether what I've done is 100%.

Big question is, should I do this, or leave it to Dutch/English speakers who might be better at it?

2nd question surrounds the current situation. I did, way back, download the complete Dutch set

so that if worst cam to worst I could simply to a Googlish translation and muddle through that way.

And that's what I've done for 9 so far.

Given that they've been "deleted" from Addic7ed - is that it ir is there some way to collaberate

to get the job done?

I could plug the 33 lines or so that are in that DropBox download into my Googlish translation and

put those back into Addic7ed. Would I be allowed to do that - as they are "English" subtitles -

Then the other people who were helping could sit with their Dutch version from DropBox (or

an earlier download like mine) in a offline text editor and help unscramble the Googlish

translation - I don't have the time (going away tomorrow) - to have a go at the whole thing.

Derek Elliot

This effort seems, in some way, star crossed.  Things initially stalled after 1.5 episodes (including half of Episode One).  Man, that was rough.  Now things are upended with 2.5 episodes to go.  Speaking personally, I believe the perfect is the enemy of the good, and the project needs to be finished as soon as possible by any means necessary.  Vonkprop's Afrikaans sounds exactly right.  I think we need to assume some degree of intercultural flexibility on the part of the viewing audience: pretty close is good enough.

Yes please, Vonkprop, it would be great if you could do what you are suggesting for the last two episodes, as long as the people who helped in the first place could finish the job ASAP so that the subs don't stay long on Addicted (if that's allowed).

"Pretty close is good enough" as jmr1948 says, and for once I agree with that.

I've uploaded 9 with the 33 lines that were done - and the rest is Googlish - moderators can take this down if it's not OK.

If it is OK - others can help me correct it - some lines are OK others are gibberish.

Unfortunately, I'm going away for a few days and I'm trying to get some work done before

I go...:-(