Borgen Season 3

blaraka

I always said that English/googlish translation that we (you and me) put on this forum was perfectible.Hope that actual english translations in progress at this moment are perfect and made by a native english knowledge person

Hi Zloty,

I saw that English, French and Greek subtitles are in progress. That is what we both expected when we started this upload.

If I had known that addict...whatsoever (Dickhead House) had translation capacity I would not have started the exercition this way.

Now it seems that everything is working out as wished, you might consider to delete your uploaded srt's as well.

On the other hand you could leave them there for the ignorant hunters.

Anyway, thanks for helping me out at the time I thought I needed it.

Greetz

I've nearly finished the subs for episode 1, but now I find that my copy of the video is corrupted...if anyone can point me to a clean copy of episode 1, I'll be able to finish it off.

Thanks!

Thanks, got it, episode 1 is up in addic7ed, see what you think. It's a combination of the first 35 minutes (forgot who did that, thanks anyway) and my translation of the Dutch subs for the remainder.

The timing's still not perfect, but you'll get the idea. Hope you like it...

Working on episode 3, but it's slow work...

Robertvk,

Many thanks for your effort.  It does my Birgitte-loving heart good to see the stars finally aligning for Borgen Season 3 English speakers.

Thanks, got it, episode 1 is up in addic7ed, see what you think. It's a combination of the first 35 minutes (forgot who did that, thanks anyway) and my translation of the Dutch subs for the remainder.

The timing's still not perfect, but you'll get the idea. Hope you like it...

Working on episode 3, but it's slow work...

Hi robertvk,

This is exaclty what I had in mind, people with good knowledge of English translating the Dutch subtitles.

Could you tell me what the problem is with yout translated subtitles?

If the part you've joined to the already existing subtitles need different time frames I might be able to help you out. (Only if you want to)

You could give me pm including the srt  and give me one subtitle number that is absolutely in sync and the first of your input that is not synchonized.

If the time is too short because the translation is much longer than the Dutch subtitle, I fear that I'm not able to help you.

Greetz

Hey u0005...I think I've fixed it, have a look at the version 2 that's up on addic7ed now...The timing just went slow at the join between the first 35 minutes and the additional subs translated from the Dutch.

robertvk, on 17 Apr 2013 - 13:27, said:
Hey u0005...I think I've fixed it, have a look at the version 2 that's up on addic7ed now...The timing just went slow at the join between the first 35 minutes and the additional subs translated from the Dutch.

If you fixed it, it's ok.

I dont know what you mean by 'the timing just went slow' I can only guess that the subtitles comes just a little too late.
And I don't have the footage to check things, I threw away all episodes once I got hold on the DVD.

The only thing I could/can do is shift the time of the whole srt-file (or a part of it) some seconds in steps of + or - 0,1 seconds.

The "correction-time" could be calculated if one correct subtitle in the existing srt was compared with the time
of the same subtitle in the Dutch srt.

I had a look at the translation and it struck me that some subtitles lines are very long.
In Holland, where all foreign series are subtitled, the length is usually restricted to 50 characters max.

00:00:20,900 --> 00:00:24,300
Birgitte, You can't fire him now, he's your number two in the party.

would look like this:
00:00:20,900 --> 00:00:24,300
Birgitte, you can't fire him now,
he's your number two in the party.

I have definitely lost the plot with this forum. Am I correct English subs are incomplete but Dutch is proceeding./

Dutch speakers in this forum and anyone who lives n the Netherlands, I found this on Maarktplaats.nl. Various sellers claiming to have Borgen season 3, I presume in Dutch. Does this help?  

http://www.marktplaats.nl/z/cd-s-en-dvd-s/dvd-s-tv-en-series/borgen.html?query=borgen&categoryId=1112

SUMMARY OF WHERE THINGS ARE AT

(took me a while to figure out so i thought i'd share)

Professional dutch subtitles are up on Addic7ed. Anyone can contribute to the english translations by logging in to Addic7d with your subtalk login and editing the translation. ["Join the translation" button]

I don't speak dutch but recently added the second half of subtitles to s03e03 by google translating them then editing the googlish as best as possible into correct english. Still need to do the first 36min.

It's all very simple copy paste work, and a little bit of translating/editing, if every english or dutch speaker here contributed, the season could be done in no time.

If you don't speak dutch then how do you know that those subtitles are "professional"? :)

The problem is this one: some users don't know if a subtitle is finished, is corrected, or is just a Google translate, they just press the download button when they notice the fact that a subtitle for a show is uploaded or "translated".

Then, of course, when they start to watch the episode, they will have the big surprise to not have a subtitle as they hope, and they'll start to think "That addic7ed is useless, they're all crap" and stuff like that.

I want to ask all of you to not upload anymore any google translation on addic7ed.

Thanks

doc

• Like 2

103iruh.gif

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do!

IMPORTANT LINK:

I have definitely lost the plot with this forum. Am I correct English subs are incomplete but Dutch is proceeding./

Dutch speakers in this forum and anyone who lives n the Netherlands, I found this on Maarktplaats.nl. Various sellers claiming to have Borgen season 3, I presume in Dutch. Does this help?  

http://www.marktplaats.nl/z/cd-s-en-dvd-s/dvd-s-tv-en-series/borgen.html?query=borgen&categoryId=1112

On Marktplaats.nl (=Dutch ebay version) three versions are sold.

3 DVD set with Homegrown subtitles. 

The Official 4  DVD Dutch release of Borgen 3.

Copies of the official release.

I don't know what kind of help you are expecting, but don't expect to receive the official release for the sum of 5 Euro.

All I can say is that the Dutch subtitles that I'd uploaded were extracted (OCR) from the Official Dutch Release.

I wholeheartedly agree with DrJackson.

Addic7ed is not a kindergarten sandbox where anyone can come and play around. We're trying to provide quality subs. Any Google translated document uploaded on Addic7ed will be erased.

Also, I repeat, providing illegal link/content is forbidden in this forum or on Addic7ed. Any post containing those will be deleted. Read the

Last but not least, this forum is Addic7ed forum.

Users who don't comply will be banned.

@robertvk

Some sequences are in film, english dialogues, so is not need to translate from dutch ; i transcribed it, so please modify only if are spell mistakes
already edited in  e04 and e05 sequences with english dialogues and i will edit the rest of the series.

Thanks for your good work

@wxtype

I've just deleted 10-27, since that's all in English
Also, the transcriptions, sorry, aren't accurate. Just one example: Jeremy says: 'And now we have to have sex', which gets rendered at: 'And now will have sex'. Etc.
In any case, there's the Danish subtitles in those sections. Hope you don't mind :)