Borgen Season 3

blaraka

Sorry but we don´t need more requests what we need is someone with the know how to get started on these subs like right now. C´mon. Chop, chop! BTW, add me to the qeue. :)

Sorry but we don´t need more requests what we need is someone with the know how to get started on these subs like right now. C´mon. Chop, chop! BTW, add me to the qeue. :)

I hope someone will rip subtitles from dutch dvd and then we'll try to translate it. I guess we can use Google Translate and then correct them a little bit. 

u0005, I hear you.

Since only 25 minutes are missing from the first episode, I can transcribe and translate from the screen; it will only take a couple of hours. But I cannot sync, because I don't know how. So if I provide the translation, will someone be willig to sync the subs?

Hello crystal

I will if you sent me transcripts in danish also, so not only english subs. I will resync all the subs for this episode.

Are you able to make transcripts for the episodes 3-9 also? I would like to have danish transcripts to write dutch subs. i already did dutch subs on s03e02.

thanks a million?

goos

Hello crystal

I will if you sent me transcripts in danish also, so not only english subs. I will resync all the subs for this episode.

Are you able to make transcripts for the episodes 3-9 also? I would like to have danish transcripts to write dutch subs. i already did dutch subs on s03e02.

thanks a million?

goos

http://shop.volkskrant.nl/borgen-3 I guess you should not bother with dutch subs :P But it will be much appreciated if you rip dutch subs from this dvd and put it somewhere in the internet. It would be much easier to prepare english translation having that. 

I can't believe they canceled the show especially with all of us die hard fans spread across several continents. I'm sure the American Remake won't hold a candle to the original. But if the Danes are going to ditch a great story and show I guess at least we'll have the American version as a light at the end of this tunnel.

http://shop.volkskrant.nl/borgen-3 I guess you should not bother with dutch subs :P But it will be much appreciated if you rip dutch subs from this dvd and put it somewhere in the internet. It would be much easier to prepare english translation having that. 

as i said in an earlier post, if someone is willing to translate the Dutch subs into English (and share them), i will glad gift that person with the DVD. 

Hi

I also became a member of this site because of this thread.

Please could you add me to the list as well.

How can I watch S3 Episode 1 with the subtitles that you guys have so brilliantly worked on.

Thank you so much.

as i said in an earlier post, if someone is willing to translate the Dutch subs into English (and share them), i will glad gift that person with the DVD. 

I guess we need someone in the netherlands, afaik they do not post it outside nl;]

I suppose some1 in the Netherlands has already purchased it with the intention of ripping the subs (hell maybe there are even english subs on that dvd).
As some1 from the Netherlands aswell with a lack of money I would have loved to help out but as I said, it won't be long now (I hope).

*Edit: on other sites it says that the dvd will come out as a 4-dvd set with Dutch subs only on the 28th of May so i'm still skeptical of the VKstore one..

The Dutch dvd that is out now does not have English subs. We will have to wait until someone uploads them to translate them, or to enjoy them as they are :).

The good news is that there is  a DVD available now with Dutch subtitles.

The bad news however is that the subtitles on this set of 3 disks I have, are not packed in a subvob but burned in the image, which make it impossible (for me anyway) to extract the subtitles with OCR.

On the other hand this indicates that this is a 'home grown' version and not the pre-release Volkskrant version which is announced

as a 4 Disk set.
If you Google on "Borgen - Seizoen 3 - Disc" you'll see what I mean ;-))

One can expect that the official release will have proper subtitles.

The official Dutch release will be on May 28th.

Starting from today I'm hunting the Mad Men Season 6 subtitles, Inkognito (2013) and within a few weeks The Newsroom Season 2 !

Looking at the menu of the 3 DVD version we can deffinitively say that it is a "homegrown" version.

However I find it strange that two days after the VK release this shows up with all Dutch subs when a few days ago there was only one episode available with Dutch subs.

I'll have a look at what I can do to rip the subs but the chances are high that we'll have to wait a few more months for the actuals .srt's

The good news is that there is  a DVD available now with Dutch subtitles.

The bad news however is that the subtitles on this set of 3 disks I have, are not packed in a subvob but burned in the image, which make it impossible (for me anyway) to extract the subtitles with OCR.

On the other hand this indicates that this is a 'home grown' version and not the pre-release Volkskrant version which is announced

as a 4 Disk set.
If you Google on "Borgen - Seizoen 3 - Disc" you'll see what I mean ;-))

One can expect that the official release will have proper subtitles.

The official Dutch release will be on May 28th.

Starting from today I'm hunting the Mad Men Season 6 subtitles, Inkognito (2013) and within a few weeks The Newsroom Season 2 !

I should be possible to convert an image into vob-files and with having the vob-files it should be possible to get the subtitles not? Unfortunately I have not yet been able to get the dvds (some parts seem to be missing). As soon as I have them, I am willing to get these vob-files, but I need help with the ocr-software, while I don't have any sound on my computer (yeah, I know....)

I noticed on another site the 2nd and 3th episode have Dutch subtitles. As soon as I watched the first 3 episodes myself (sorry, but I don't wanna spoil it for myself), I am willing to translate the last 25 minutes of the 1st and the 3th into English. The others have to wait until available (hopefully soon).

Offtopice

Season 2 of Newsroom starts in June. Do you know the exact air date already? :)

Sigh, just noticed that the subtitles for episode 3 are actually the same as episode 2, so there are no subtitles for episode 3 yet. My offer still stands though, if I am able to get the images of the dvd's I am able to convert them into vob-files so we will be able to get the subtitles. (phew, what you have to do to get the subs from the series you love so much ;))

Cinnamon, thank you sooooo much, in advance! :)

Dont go cheering in advance. I have to find the dvds first, then I have to ripe them and need someone to subtract the subtitles with ocr and the last thing is the need to be translated in English. So a lot of steps to take before it is possibly available.

Cinnamon, on 09 Apr 2013 - 17:36, said:
I should be possible to convert an image into vob-files and with having the vob-files it should be possible to get the subtitles not? Unfortunately I have not yet been able to get the dvds (some parts seem to be missing). As soon as I have them, I am willing to get these vob-files, but I need help with the ocr-software, while I don't have any sound on my computer (yeah, I know....)

I noticed on another site the 2nd and 3th episode have Dutch subtitles. As soon as I watched the first 3 episodes myself (sorry, but I don't wanna spoil it for myself), I am willing to translate the last 25 minutes of the 1st and the 3th into English. The others have to wait until available (hopefully soon).

Offtopice
Season 2 of Newsroom starts in June. Do you know the exact air date already? :)

You don't need to convert anything.
If you have the original 4 DVD set and not the 3 DVD (Marktplaats) version you can OCR the subtitles direct from this DVD.
You'll get a complete .srt file in Dutch with some reading errors, but good enough to be used for translations in other languages.
You don't need sound on your PC at all and you don't see the episode, and believe me you don't spoil anything for yourself by reading the subtitles only.
Let me give you one advise: Do not translate the dutch subtitles in English yourself unless you are native speaking English.
(Avoid 'Dunglish' subtitles, google Dunglish if you don't know that word)

So if you happen to have bought this 4 DVD set give me a pm (in Dutch)

PS. Wiki says The Newsroom starts in June no airdate yet, but the first two episodes of Mad Men have already arrived here :D

Correction: My reaction was too quick, I now see that you don't have any Borgen 3 DVD at all.